• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Seyavesh

『Inaba Resident』;152259509 said:
Sale is ending in a day and I still can't decide if I want JoJo.
I've heard the online is dead but its $20 and I fucking love JoJo

trust me, you don't. i'm a jojo fan too and it's like...

that 30fps hurts it really bad. the feel of the game is astoundingly terrible. like a poorly optimized fan mod on UE3 type of feeling.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Since when was I Hollywood? I'm a washed up scrub ._.

Believe in yourself! You need more power!

How did you get a hold of my inbox messages from my opponents?

Play me in Marvel Q, I'll show you why Wolverine players are known for pressing one button.

so you read my mesages? I'll see you in Karsticles ranbat, Q o(-`д´- 。)

i completely forgot gafranbat is a thing... are they still alive?

So JWong for Marvel in your first match. Tokido for SF in your first match and M2K for Sm4sh in your first match. Then in losers it would be Noel Brown for Marvel, GamerBee for SF and Nietono for Sm4sh.

Nah it's already been determined that I'm gonna fight ZeRo and body him!

And I already fought Tokido in Loser's at Evo 2013 in SFxT

Believe in yourself! You need more power!

Play me in Marvel Q, I'll show you why Wolverine players are known for pressing one button.

i completely forgot gafranbat is a thing... are they still alive?
I'm doing a ranbat for Smash right now, and asked in the Xrd thread to see if folks want an Xrd ranbat as well. They're pretty easy to run, so I don't mind running multiple ranbats at once.

Also, Q is mega ass at Marvel. He went like 0-20 against me while I used Dormammu on point. That's still better than Gods_Beard's 0-60 record one time, though.

Speaking of Q: I played against the AI's Ky on the highest difficulty, and it was JUST like playing Q. I can't even tell the difference.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nah it's already been determined that I'm gonna fight ZeRo and body him!

And I already fought Tokido in Loser's at Evo 2013 in SFxT

So do you preserve each ass whooping you get from a top pro player in a metaphorical jar? I don't mean it in a mean way, I mean it as an experience you learn from.

I'm doing a ranbat for Smash right now, and asked in the Xrd thread to see if folks want an Xrd ranbat as well. They're pretty easy to run, so I don't mind running multiple ranbats at once.

Also, Q is mega ass at Marvel. He went like 0-20 against me while I used Dormammu on point. That's still better than Gods_Beard's 0-60 record one time, though.

Speaking of Q: I played against the AI's Ky on the highest difficulty, and it was JUST like playing Q. I can't even tell the difference.

Wow, 0-60? Someone can't be that bad at the game...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

So you never win? :p

Ky is super basic in this version though so not much to expand on outside of making good calls on stuff.

and yes I'm ass at Marvel.

So do you preserve each ass whooping you get from a top pro player in a metaphorical jar? I don't mean it in a mean way, I mean it as an experience you learn from.

A tiny bit, but more in different ways.

My match with Chris G really helped me realize how badly I choke and how quickly pressure gets to me

And my match with Justin made me realize that I need to know what buttons are which on my stick since they aren't marked, and be grateful for the fact they added character select button changing.

I'm pretty bad though and not that smart, so I can't really say I've taken any notes deeply on how to improve, other than really basic stuff (learn to block or tech better, crossups, not Charging Star as much, etc.)

Azure J

You know what the worst feeling in the world is? Going long sets with someone and getting hit with the single win and dip.

You know what's even worse than that? Getting called out for win and dipping.
Is it considered win and dipping when you win the last three rounds in a row though? I feel like such a damn doormat sometimes. Why do I let others play me that badly? Of course I gave it another round and prefaced it as the last round and the opponent won. SMH.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know what the worst feeling in the world is? Going long sets with someone and getting hit with the single win and dip.

Is it considered win and dipping when you win the last three rounds in a row though? I feel like such a damn doormat sometimes. Why do I let others play me that badly? Of course I gave it another round and prefaced it as the last round and the opponent won. SMH.

My friend win and dipped my other friend, it's been 6 years since then still no rematch LOL "I'm the winner for life"

Dlent

I'm that guy. After entirely analyzing your playstyle for ten losses, I barely scape out a win, declare your habits entirely predictable, and then I dip to feel myself.

This only applies to laggy online sets, naturally.

8VHlNXF.png

Nope. Kanye has more than one outfit.

Wow, 0-60? Someone can't be that bad at the game...
You know, though, GB never gave up. Respect to him for that.

So you never win? :p

Ky is super basic in this version though so not much to expand on outside of making good calls on stuff.

and yes I'm ass at Marvel.
Haha, but I'm already open about losing to you in Xrd. :) Though man, we have had a few matches where I was a sliver away from victory and blew it...

I just mean that the AI stays back and spams projectiles forever. It's rare to see AI do that effectively in a game. I didn't actually play a match against it, I just enabled CPU play in training mode to test stuff.

Azure J

For context, I'm playing my brother for the first time since December or so in Smash 4 and after running through my usuals, I just randomly pick up Luigi and start going on an obscene streak. This character is just disgusting. (Thank you based Boss) Fast forward a few matches and I switch back because as much as I like Luigi, my heart is with Marth and the gang. Right around this time, he picks up Yoshi and proceeds to streak the fuck out on me (like holy shit I did not know Yoshi was so safe on shield/could be in the air for so long) and of course all his accumulated salt becomes like nothing. At this point I'm just thoroughly amused and having fun so I get a bit bolder and start taunting. Poor choice.

Taunting in my family is tantamount to slapping the other player's first born child. It's just seen as next level disrespect.
I'm partially to blame for that as much as everyone else, but eh.

Upon that, it's like I activate Devil Must Die mode and he just Spiral Controller'd the fuck up. The disrespect was real. Thing is after a certain point I just don't care for doing it anymore and want out. I do however hate leaving on a win and dip since I know how much that shit stings so I play it out and sure enough after getting swept a bit longer, I figure Yoshi out. I go an extra two rounds and I'm just ready to call it a night when he gets heated and calls me out because of a past time where I called him out for winning and leaving. Then post above happens.

Sometimes I just don't know what to do. :lol

gutabo

FGW I Everyone has Xrd now, right?

Dude, seriously. I don't even own a console and I dug out my old account and password via web, found out I had $10 on credit, told a friend to go 50/50 and got the game. Now I only need to borrow a PS3!

Top Bottom