• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 26 - Feb 1 | Zaibatschu

CPS2

SS trailer was great... minus some of the comments complaining that the TOs didn't also bring any big guest for Smash. Boo hoo. You have two games at EVO and a massive event this weekend. Learn to pick your fights, dammit :/
I'm surprised they manage to bring that many overseas players to begin with.

marvel kombat

9PzihtQ.gif

RRt4t1b.gif

has he stopped playing claw? from the trailer, it seems like he now mains poison.

but i'm quite hype to see storm kubo in an international tournament. i hope he will blow some japanese players up with his hugo.

I think he plays both characters, but plays more poison now.

Shouta

Since Kadey is leaving all the actual work to me, If folks are interested in chipping in to send Q to Evo again, let me know if you're interested. I'm going take a look at costs this weekend and see how much we'll need.

.la1n

Since Kadey is leaving all the actual work to me, If folks are interested in chipping in to send Q to Evo again, let me know if you're interested. I'm going take a look at costs this weekend and see how much we'll need.

You can count me in for a contribution to send Q out again.

We should probably stop judging Japanese players skill level by how often they travel to the states and win. Nemo has consistently been a top ten player going by Japanese arcade rankings since the beginning of street fighter 4.

Don't get me wrong, I'm Nemo got an invite. I said I was surprised because I thought his lack of tourney play would work against him. I'm glad it didn't. This could also open the door for other top players who don't really get a chance to show off their skill because they lack the funds to travel.

I thought Sindel only had "levitate" (rise up, shoot fireballs, fall down).

I didn't know she could move around the screen and use physical attacks from it.

remz

Yah Venom is totally after the band Venom. like GG's band naming scheme in general. (testament, etc)

Kinda weird hearing a new venom song the other night. Even weirder that it made me think about GG before anything else.

hitsugi

has he stopped playing claw? from the trailer, it seems like he now mains poison.

but i'm quite hype to see storm kubo in an international tournament. i hope he will blow some japanese players up with his hugo.

He is the #1 Poison, I believe. Still plays Claw as well.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I might actually get this. Who's with me?
I'll probably be the only one ;_;

Okay we'll send you there again.

Anybody wants to help chip in to send Q to EVO, say so in the thread and PM Shouta.

I'll pitch in again.
I hope my money goes into a strippers thong Kappa

MK is now anime too?

fuck

Haven't you realized? Everything is anime. Even your sole existence is made up of anime. There is no way to escape it, no way to hide from it. It will find you, and you will accept it.
kWOZOAn.png

Yah Venom is totally after the band Venom. like GG's band naming scheme in general. (testament, etc)

Kinda weird hearing a new venom song the other night. Even weirder that it made me think about GG before anything else.

Probably my favorite thing about Guilty Gear is all the metal references. It gives the game character.

Azure J

Probably my favorite thing about Guilty Gear is all the metal references. It gives the game character.

I think this is honestly one of the coolest things about the GG cast too. The Kuradoberi Jam name specifically always makes me chuckle. I'd love to know what the references are in Xrd's new characters (specificially their names) beyond Elphelt's literal "Guns & Roses" theme and Bedman's Bedemon link.

mbpm1

Besides my interest in the character rosters and music theming, what are the major differences between BB and GG?

Just curious

Top Bottom