• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 26 - Feb 1 | Zaibatschu

Rhapsody

Banned
All the more reason that they should make a Guilty Gear and BlazBlue crossover.

Even though I like characters from both series, I dunno if I'd like this thinking about how gameplay would turn out.
Besides my interest in the character rosters and music theming, what are the major differences between BB and GG?

Just curious

That's a pretty big question, imo. They share a lot of stuff, but they feel way different. Someone else can answer that.

Prototype

I always played Scorpion as a kid, mostly. Because Mmy friend played sub zero. I always thought sub zero was better. Freezing mechanic is just far more. Useful.

Especially in mk2 where he got ground freeze.

Rhapsody

Banned
I want to see Rachel doing Tempest Dahlia in full 3D.

If they ever made a 2v2 crossover, the idea of Dizzy and Rachel or Slayer and Rachel sounds amazing though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, though I still want it to happen.

Or BlazBlue characters in Xrd or something reworked for the engine.

Nah it would be other way, Xrd characters would have to fit into BB stuff. BB characters and movesets are based on a bunch of extra system mechanics and balance shit. At most if the Xrd characters went in they would stay simplish and retain power.

But honestly most GG characters couldn't dream of hanging with the BB cast.

Carl would beat the shit out of Zato 100 times over and that's just the start of the power differences.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Subzero has ice, which is nice

Ice powers are cooler

Freezing people is cool

Ice is baller. Sub doesn't need to turn into a spooky spellington to get the job done either.

tumblr_mkjo87Ty7n1rjl09ho1_500.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Man, salty suite is gonna be hype as hell. I doubt I'll be able to get in though ;_;

I might as well ask Justin for a casual set and learn some pointers from him, that'll be the highlight of the tournament for me lol

Lemstar

Besides my interest in the character rosters and music theming, what are the major differences between BB and GG?

Just curious
4 buttons vs 5 buttons
barrier instead of FD
BB has tech rolls
GG has 1 button throws

i don't play either one enough to tell you more

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
you could do a features/jargon list vs list, but that would be missing a lot of subtleties.

The 4 Key things imo are
Drives
Recovery mechanics
Throws
Combo Mechanics

Hmm In marvel terms it would be like putting MvC3 characters vs MvC2 characters. Sure some can hold up vs the new stuff, but for the most part even the shittier characters are gonna tear up everything on the otherside.

Manbig

I love how they're gonna talk about a bunch of Mortal Kombat X in front of JDCR and Saint who clearly don't give a shit.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm having difficulty finding good SCV tutorials
the 8wayrun forums are not fun to wade through and although there are some character specific guides on YT, i'm not even sure what character i'd like to play yet.

So the new Tekken crash episodes will be more geared towards the competition as opposed to all the glamour/marketing the korean celebrities brought for the debut of the season

Blue is better than yellow. Ice is better than fire. Noble assassin is better than emo angry demon.

The female ninjas are far cooler than both though.

Blue is better than yellow. Ice is better than fire. Noble assassin is better than emo angry demon.

The female ninjas are far cooler than both though.
Sub-Zero murdered his family. -_-

Also, Ed Boon voices Scorpion in the old movie and in the games, so he is clearly the best by that fact alone.

Top Bottom