• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 6-12 | Nothing Happened HD Remix

alstein

Skullgirls perfectly emphasizes the key problem with execution in fighting games.

If the combos aren't overly hard to perform, they get too long.

If a game has very short combos, the ones that do exist and do the most damage are often difficult links.

Yes, you could play with fundamentals in the latter game, but eventually someone with fundamentals who can execute as well will beat you, making execution a requirement in the grand scheme if you aspire for success playing the game (and I have a few words to say on the idea of "success" at a fighting game that I'm working on).

I see no issue with fundies+ execution beating fundies+ no execution.

I have a problem when execution destroys fundamental play- as it can in some games.

Yea, the show seems pretty informative at the moment with this combo trainer. I never visit eventhubs so I would have never seen this otherwise haha.

Tik-Tok

That trainer is sick, but thats the end of playing any sort of ranked online.

Before the end of the night someone is mapping a macro 3k/3p with some canned asshole cammy combo unblockable vortex bullshit

But I can't wait to try it for traning

smurfx

get some go again
hopefully they get all the technical problems fixed by next week. i'll be glad to tune in every week for this show.

de1irium

Apex registration just about wrapped up ... not quite the 650 Melee entrants I had guessed, but close.

620 for Melee, 384 for Project M, 349 for Brawl. 120 international players.

45 for Marvel, 39 for SF4 because god forbid the FGC prereg for anything ever.

Apex registration just about wrapped up ... not quite the 650 Melee entrants I had guessed, but close.

620 for Melee, 384 for Project M, 349 for Brawl. 120 international players.

45 for Marvel, 39 for SF4 because god forbid the FGC prereg for anything ever.

What was 2013? I don't remember it being anywhere near that high.

Top Bottom