• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jul 6-12 | Freuds Among Us

Jazz-ism

Banned
Are people voting for tizoc not aware that he isn't a person?

even though he is nothing more than acho bot come to life...i vote for tizoc because he likes fighting games.

Fake answer: Faust's hammer- i.e., I threw an item at a terrible time right as my opponent decided to jump/airdash at me and instead of being punished for my poor play, they get counterhit by hammer :}

Real answer: using point Dante jam session while calling vajra to anti-air opponents at superjump height into full comboz

Bonus- dumbest anti-air: bionic arm. WHY DOES IT HIT SO HIGH!?!
Dahbomb says Bionic Arm has a fair hitbox, though.

Negaduck

I foresee gifs and vids...
XrCp4IM.jpg

B.HK with Sim. That knee.

Zissou

I can't believe neither Tizoc or black_vegeta has done the player spotlight o_O. I vote for Tizoc since I favor regular FGW posters and the SNK fandom threads are fun to read.

Dahbomb says Bionic Arm has a fair hitbox, though.

What does he know :p
It's mostly OK because Spencer isn't super relevant to the meta anyway.

I foresee gifs and vids...
XrCp4IM.jpg

Nazuna's 2B (AH3LMNOP!!!!!!)
Great range, decent speed, can be effortlessly linked into Seijou super, which then launches for follow-up combos or in cases when you're using Flower Arcana, you can do some gardening while they recover.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";171033239]Basically it was universally positive until gems got announced and it started going downhill fast.[/QUOTE]

While there wasn't anything particularly negative at first, there were a few people asking "why?"

Tizoc

I turned this off after seeing nothing but flurries for 15 seconds.

You ain't got the burning passionate manly spirit then.
You throw big ass Japanese characters at my face followed by the exploding sound of a hyped up grown man fuel by the passion and vigor of youth and you have my attention forever.

Negaduck

Phone did a late repeat post so. . .

Do you think a brand new character will be revealed for sf5 at sdcc? Or will it be some more returning fighters?

And the real question. . . will the hole in Birdie's Mohawk return before launch? Or possibly his pointy shoes? DLC costume buff alpha birdie?

Dahbomb

In the realm of VS fighters, Foot Dive is definitely a reversal. That's because a lot of the time you are recovering in the air as opposed to off the ground. They try to go for a reset, they try to pressure you mid air and you press the button as a reversal. It's not different than Morrigan mashing out her DP in mid air to try to escape pressure/reset.

It's not invincible but you don't have to be invincible to be considered a reversal.

Add the fact that it has 1 frame where the hit box covers the entire body, the fact that it crosses up ambiguously, can be made safe with an air dash and leads into a long hard knockdown ripe for a combo makes this by far top 5 dumbest move in the game.

Coda

IT5ggzE.gif

Gootecks disappointment after he gets stunned and KOed by a red focus FADC, red focus by the # 2 Seth player on XBL as Xian tries to hold in his laughter afterwards is the best medicine.

Zissou

In the realm of VS fighters, Foot Dive is definitely a reversal. That's because a lot of the time you are recovering in the air as opposed to off the ground. They try to go for a reset, they try to pressure you mid air and you press the button as a reversal. It's not different than Morrigan mashing out her DP in mid air to try to escape pressure/reset.

It's not invincible but you don't have to be invincible to be considered a reversal.

Add the fact that it has 1 frame where the hit box covers the entire body, the fact that it crosses up ambiguously, can be made safe with an air dash and leads into a long hard knockdown ripe for a combo makes this by far top 5 dumbest move in the game.

If the level of play is reasonably competent, using footdive in the way you describe (mashing when teching in the air) doesn't come into play meaningfully very often, and when it does, it's because somebody dropped a combo against Doom. Lots of stuff beats footdive if you just mash it out in neutral. If the opponent is in a position where footdive is an ambiguous cross up, they got outplayed or they fucked up.

Dahbomb

If the level of play is reasonably competent, using footdive in the way you describe (mashing when teching in the air) doesn't come into play meaningfully very often, and when it does, it's because somebody dropped a combo against Doom. Lots of stuff beats footdive if you just mash it out in neutral. If the opponent is in a position where footdive is an ambiguous cross up, they got outplayed or they fucked up.
Lots of stuff beats Foot Dive after that 1 frame of hit box bull shittery is over but not during it. It's why Doom can hit stuff that is above his head (ie. he will hit Vergil out of his Helm Breaker even if Vergil is on top of him).

A lot of the time certain characters are always going to be in a position where Foot Dive might cross up. Wolverine, X23, Hulk etc characters who have to rushdown. Doom players basically play a very similar way which is hug the far corner of the map, spam Photon Shots and then come down with Foot Dive or j.M. These characters can't get above Doom so they have to pick spots to get in underneath Doom and that's where Foot Dive is a real threat.

Foot Dive's biggest value is during scramble situations and that's why it hits so often. And no matter the level of play, scramble situations happen a lot in Marvel 3. This is why these beefy moves are so dominant in the game, they win in these situations.

Shackzam

Yeah skullgirls does come out tomorrow it was like a week ago that the date was updated so there wasn't much time to let people know I guess

shaowebb

IT5ggzE.gif

Gootecks disappointment after he gets stunned and KOed by a red focus FADC, red focus by the # 2 Seth player on XBL as Xian tries to hold in his laughter afterwards is the best medicine.

Stuff like that is why I do not like dizzy style stuns states in general. Dizzy combos just make it easier in my eyes to widen the gap till its nigh hopeless, or worse , make things into touch of death.

BadWolf

Stuff like that is why I do not like stuns in general. Especially if its done like a dizzy in the SF series. Dizzy combos just make it easier in my eyes to widen the gap till its nigh hopeless, or worse , make things into touch of death.

Seems especially brutal in SFV coupled with that high damage output.

Top Bottom