• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 29 - August 4 | Obey your thirst

Busaiku

eidGicl.jpg

BillyBones

Neo Member
It's alright guys I'll get a job at Twitch and do work and stuff!

Last time someone said that they had a brief series of vlogs complaining about the FGC, leveraged that notoriety into an emoticon, and withdrew from the internet entirely after their long history of using hate speech was exposed.

The legend of EMP Jared continues...

broz0rs

I was checking r/kappa just now and saw this reply that pretty much nailed what Watts said:

Watson talked so much that I don't see how he's going to have new stuff to say on a weekly basis.

• Triforce. Watson went so hard against this guy that I actually felt bad for him.
  • Chris G. "Social retard." Almost felt Watson was bullying him. Revealed Chris is 22 years old, but youth doesn't give him a free pass in doing dumb shit
  • Illuminati revealed. Cannons, S-Kill, and Mr. Wiz. Stream monsters kept trying to put MarkMan in there but Watts wasn't having it.
  • Thinks top players today whines too much about tournament payout. Best way to make money as a player is through sponsorship.
  • Super Arcade (Watson's arcade and home of WNF) is that not profitable, breaks even every month.
  • Valle's resume tutorial to top FGC players. Holy shit. Funniest moment of the podcast.
  • CEO Jebailey. Watson said he run an awesome tournament, but calls him an attention whore who "rubs his dick" on Twitter every three minutes.
  • Laugh and Infiltration broke up because one of them tried to date the other one's sister
  • Noel Brown and some dude that has a name that rhymes with JJ
  • EVO women's tournament. Watson wanted to enter it because he hated the concept so much. Feels women has just about the same capabilities as men in video games.
  • Most likeable FGC player in the scene today: Mike Ross
A lot of other quality stuff mentioned by Watson.

kirblar

EVO women's tournament. Watson wanted to enter it because he hated the concept so much. Feels women has just about the same capabilities as men in video games.
There's a real (10%ish) reaction speed gap between the genders. Depending on the speed of the game it can make more or less of a difference. I actually think a Women's tournament at EVO would be great.

Laugh and Infiltration broke up because one of them tried to date the other one's sister
Noel Brown and some dude that has a name that rhymes with JJ

Someone got timecode or know roughly when he talked about those? I listened to the whole thing and I don't remember any of those.

Sandfox

There's a real (10%ish) reaction speed gap between the genders. Depending on the speed of the game it can make more or less of a difference. I actually think a Women's tournament at EVO would be great.

They tried that in 2010 and IIRC it wasn't that all that good.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Anyone can think what they want about said 'illuminati' ... I don't care about hidden or mystical beings.

I am going to do things openly and publicly to help the community. I don't need to pull strings like a ninja. I'll do it as needed.

<3

Plus, the other illuminati (lol) are getting kinda annoyed at said term, and being a group to 'blame' ... not everyone agrees with each other and there is no ONE governing body for the things we love.

We just do what we can and help where we can.

Anyone can think what they want about said 'illuminati' ... I don't care about hidden or mystical beings.

I am going to do things openly and publicly to help the community. I don't need to pull strings like a ninja. I'll do it as needed.

<3

Plus, the other illuminati (lol) are getting kinda annoyed at said term, and being a group to 'blame' ... not everyone agrees with each other and there is no ONE governing body for the things we love.

Smoke and mirrors! A known illuminati technique!

Still can't get the Watts video to load...

Ok, I just notice why I missed half the stuff that was on the Watson rant: the archives are messed up. It's watchable but super slow from 0:00 to 30:00 but 30:00 to 1:00:00 is completely dead then works again from 1:00:00 to the end.

That sucks, at least the summary gave us an insight on why Laughfiltration is dead. Bros before hoes unless it's blood.

kirblar

<3

Translation: MarkMan has transcended the Illuminati and now wears the One Ring. He has handed out lesser rings to his former comrades. MarkMan no longer needs their cooperation and has the power to destroy them at will with the combined forces of Just Frames, Daigo, and the MadCatz Tiger. The former Illuminati now bristle at the reminder that they were once equals with he who is now King. He stands atop the top of the largest arcade stick in the world, and sees all that occurs, smiting that which displeases him.

Someone got timecode or know roughly when he talked about those? I listened to the whole thing and I don't remember any of those.

I remember hearing the "rhymes with JJ" comment. Don't have a timestamp though.

The "dated his sister" comment was just speculation. Watts was saying that for them to suddenly act like they're no longer friends, it probably involved a girl.

Top Bottom