• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

Beckx

Robert of Zeboyd Games (Cosmic Star Heroine) posted some thoughts about the MOBA market that seem (to be at least) to be equally applicable to fighting games. Thought I'd share them here.

It's probably nothing that hasn't been discussed before, but it was new to me, so.

@werezompire 6m
Like MMORPGs, I think the design of MOBAs naturally pushes towards market domination by a handful of games and failure for everybody else...

@werezompire 4m
...specifically, a large part of mastering a MOBA is game-specific & doesn't transfer (learning individual characters & matchups).

Edit: and right after that he adds something about fighting games. I quibble with the terms ("twitch") but generally agree.

@werezompire 3m
The fighting game genre is a mix. Basic twitch skills & strategy transfers between games, but also a lot of game-specific stuff to learn.

xCobalt

From the new CPT article:
The next day on Saturday 7/12, Capcom will be hosting a special panel at EVO titled the “World of Street Fighter” from 4~5pm PDT. While this won’t be streamed, expect the news and updates about USFIV and the CPT to make waves very quickly!

kanyesmile.gif

Myn

I hope Haitani does well, it was sad to see him in 2012 getting 9th. His matches are amazing to watch whether he wins or loses.

I haven't watched WNF in a while. Is online tony dealing with Seth changes well? Have any of the usual finalists changed characters with ultra?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The retail version of USF4 + PC version might come with updated balance changes as well.
If further tweaking is in the cards, major or minor, I kind of wish the disc version would be delayed until the game is absolutely finalized.

The less games for which we have to worry about downloadable patches, the better, especially now that we're in the tail end of the 360/PS3 generation and end-of-life concerns are real.

MrDaravon

If further tweaking is in the cards, major or minor, I kind of wish the disc version would be delayed until the game is absolutely finalized.

The less games for which we have to worry about downloadable patches, the better, especially now that we're in the tail end of the 360/PS3 generation and end-of-life concerns are real.

Realistically even if there is a patch/update upon the disc release I bet we still get another patch later this year or next year.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
On r/kappa:

Description: I want to make a grand entrance for my matches while riding a Donkey. I checked the rules for EVO and it doesn't say anywhere that I'm not allowed to bring a Donkey. He also loves Vergil and sometimes he stands up and goes I'M MOTIVATED

One of the responses:
That's rude Justin, wanting to ride on Marn just for show. Keep that shit in the bedroom
EMOTICON_Kappa.png

Guys I'm dying, this is too much.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Aren't the disc versions finalized way before this point?

I mean I feel the same but it seems like that ship has sailed

Top Bottom