• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

alstein

Lemme add you still have to guess throw breaks for certain characters with out them being multi-throws.

King's Giant Swing is a 1 break but it looks like a 1+2 break for example.

That's not something most chars can do.

Having Guess throws makes is something where mid level play and high level play are similar- which should be encouraged. Right now it's a pretty big reaction barrier where if you can't do it you're at a serious disadvantage.

VF is a dry game, that's why it's not popular

BBCP is definitely the best out of the previous iterations.

Also wanted to post this here since the evo thread moves so fast:
Holding down the button to tech doesn't mean you're gonna be ready to block when the tech happens, especially in such an weird place. If the combo hadn't dropped, the super probably wouldn't have killed

VF is a dry game, that's why it's not popular

Holding down the button to tech doesn't mean you're gonna be ready to block when the tech happens, especially in such an weird place. If the combo hadn't dropped, the super probably wouldn't have killed

You're right, but it's still such a really unfortunate but stupid mistake to make that cost him the whole tournament.

That's not something most chars can do.

Having Guess throws makes is something where mid level play and high level play are similar- which should be encouraged. Right now it's a pretty big reaction barrier where if you can't do it you're at a serious disadvantage.

And I don't particularly mind that tbh. I don't like guessing throws unless its a character like King, Armor King, Jack, Julia, etc.

It does not take long to learn how to break throws in Tekken and its not imperative to always have something that's similar in mid to high level play. Especially when mid level players know how to break throws in Tekken.

also what was ono saying. Truthfully I couldn't understand a word he was saying outside of shoryuken time
No one knows.

All I could make out was "announcements" and "patience". So I'm going to assume he was telling us to be patient for more announcements at a later date, and to have fun playing Street Fighter.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
nice drive by but it doesn't address the question I raised which is what about the series restricts its popularity to japan. unless you're suggesting that the jp like dry games I guess

they dont like playing marvel so i can see why the japanese are dry

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FGW | TearVO 2014
FGW | FeelVO 2014
FGW | I don't know what I expected
FGW | Vive Le France
FGW | Good job, vulva!
FGW |
iIowbpy4kOXJu.png

EDIT: Ima take thread title suggestions for the next hour.

Whatever FGW thread title you go with, my own opinion is that it shouldn't focus on any one game. This was a great Evo for many games.

Feelvo and Tearvo are both good.

Hyun Sai

Well, I remember now that Eventhubs poll on no Euro players in the Top 8...

That may be why I can't access their page right now.

Top Bottom