• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another Rufus vs Rufus GF tbh......... Momochi has been struggling too and Mago frequently chokes. Gamerbee got 3rd place in ECT. Maybe PR Rog will save us from the fate but CEO could very well be the last time tourney organizers think inviting foreigners over is a big deal.

ummm what ?!

I'm willing to chop off my left foot if the finals is a Rufus mirror, because it ain't happening.

Azure J

BarackJammin.gif

I am determined to stream monster this. I've been such a fraud Vampire fan as of late. :(

Grecco

Joey Cuellar ‏@MrWizardSRK
@PeteTheBohemian @Pond3r We are looking into 3/5 for Marvel. CEO has the same pool system, so we will see if they can stay on time.

YES YES YES YES YES!

This thread is off to a great start, lol. I hope my workload eases up so I can catch all this action this week/weekend.

Has there been any mention on if any non-regulars will make it to The Break tonight?

Yeah, so if anyone else is like me and just catches up on majors after the fact. Folks are not lying about top 32 Marvel at ECT4. There are a ton of really good matches already and I'm only partway done, and I'm not even that big a Marvel fan. I hate the Marvel only stream monsters, but it really is a good stream friendly game. There is a way higher chance in Marvel of seeing a new combo / character / team being played in some new and interesting way for the first time on any given stream.

Shingin

If you happened to miss my post in last week's thread.

This Wednesday WNF:AE will have VF5FS, AE and maybe SFXT this wed. Skullgirls wont be shown on the stream this week but there will be a side tournament going on.

Runback will have umvc3 the main game all the way to evo. Which means 30 minutes to an hour of kof13 then umvc3 until completion. Its up to director on the stream on how long he wants to show kof13.
http://twitter.com/levelupseries/sta...63573159731201

JeTmAn81

Yeah, so if anyone else is like me and just catches up on majors after the fact. Folks are not lying about top 32 Marvel at ECT4. There are a ton of really good matches already and I'm only partway done, and I'm not even that big a Marvel fan. I hate the Marvel only stream monsters, but it really is a good stream friendly game. There is a way higher chance in Marvel of seeing a new combo / character / team being played in some new and interesting way for the first time on any given stream.

I think ECT4 was probably the best regular tournament in Marvel 3 history (including vanilla and Ultimate). So many amazing matches, one after another. Heck, it might've been better than EVO.

Venfayth

*crosses fingers*

OK, so I'm just curious:

How did Spooky turn in to Spooby?

And what's with the phrase "spooby plz"?

I understand both of these are just quirks from stream monsters, but where did they come from? Are they allusions to something else?

*crosses fingers*

OK, so I'm just curious:

I understand both of these are just quirks from stream monsters, but where did they come from? Are they allusions to something else?

spooby plz sounds like something from Dolan duck meme.

jbug617

Banned
*crosses fingers*

OK, so I'm just curious:

I think it comes from Wolfkrone.

Also Spooky is leaving for CEO on Wednesday so more than likely Henry Cen will be stream Big Two.

Xevren

If you happened to miss my post in last week's thread.

This Wednesday WNF:AE will have VF5FS, AE and maybe SFXT this wed. Skullgirls wont be shown on the stream this week but there will be a side tournament going on.

Runback will have umvc3 the main game all the way to evo. Which means 30 minutes to an hour of kof13 then umvc3 until completion. Its up to director on the stream on how long he wants to show kof13.
http://twitter.com/levelupseries/sta...63573159731201

Thanks for the heads up, really looking forward to seeing VFFS with who all plays it around there.

Osamu made his goal for EVO and Daigo is working on trying to get him access to play at a arcade.

That's great news. Hopefully he has a good time. I hope he has a passport ready. I am not sure home much traveling if any he has done in the past or if it is a fast process in Japan, but getting a passport in the states takes a bit of time.

Hopefully this fills out the news feeds in some of the game media.

Top Bottom