• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

Rocket Raccoons? Really?

There's Neorussell in Toronto who is decent, and I play with whom I consider the best RR. Having solid experience against RR now -- f*** that character, especially without a sword.

That's two :3 I think there's some more in eastern Canada too... from what I see, lots of Canada tends to play less common characters. Of course, the usual suspects get play and it's probably just seems like more unusual players due to smaller, spread out population.

Tizoc

wtf is this!

Why have I never heard of this game? This shit looks cold as fuck.

It's called Dark Awake aka Chaos Breaker, it's on JPN PSN.

I put all of the info in the OP, but since EDT is -4 UTC (and Japan time is +9, starts at 3PM), 6AM GMT.

Thanks! I start work at around that time in mi country on Saturday so I'll try to catch a few matches in-between breaks =D

1000 confirmed entrants for KOF13 at EVO

Start your shirt jokes now

How many entrants for SSF4 and UMvC3?

Dahbomb

Now he's motivated.
God damn it I am beaten...

Vergil/Morrigan/Doom is pretty disgusting and I have been saying that ChrisG could use this team if he really was serious. Vergil with a meter building assist is just plain nasty although Rapid Slash is not nearly the same as Tatsu but the synergy between Morrigan and Vergil is legit.

We can all thank Omniscythe for this. I am pretty sure he runs that team too. I don't know if ChrisG can level his Vergil enough in time for EVO.

I would like to see ChrisG use Vergil, but seeing Justin Wong's new team with Vergil wasn't interesting, I guess he needs to put more practice with his new team.

Azure J

God damn it I am beaten...

Vergil/Morrigan/Doom is pretty disgusting and I have been saying that ChrisG could use this team if he really was serious. Vergil with a meter building assist is just plain nasty although Rapid Slash is not nearly the same as Tatsu but the synergy between Morrigan and Vergil is legit.

We can all thank Omniscythe for this. I am pretty sure he runs that team too. I don't know if ChrisG can level his Vergil enough in time for EVO.

I've said just as much for a long time as well. Doom should never be the anchor for that team however. Having him in second and hot swapping between oppressive point capabilities or zoning warfare while (ab)using dem meesyles just works better. Also helps that XF3 Morrigan is no slouch and XF3 Vergil is just "why do I play this game anymore" oppressive to opponents.

Rapid Slash aids in both Morrigan's zoning and rushdown capability (that soft knockdown can really lead to nasty stuff out of an ambiguous fly positioning, Vergil gets free meter from his girl and Doom keeps the game honest. The most difficult thing to deal with while playing this team is lack of a real horizontal assist to help Verg move around better, but when everything else gets up and running, it's a really terrifying team.

http://www.wowdb.com/items/88801-flippable-table

iE2AD8qWPMhBd.png

Edit: And since someone would make one of these eventually...

ibuby6vDVcsw9d.png

shas'la

I can honestly say that since the inception of these threads, i have become more involved/interested in the FGC. Seriously Thank you so much USD for compiling all of this. Really hope you get to do the EVO thread.

Surprised to hear Xian is his first pick when asked about concerns. Never thought Gen was that terrifying even if Xian makes him look awesome.

Even more surprising is that he mentioned Ricky as his second pick. Yeah, among all the American players I think he has the biggest potential to be this year's Latif. He's concentrating in AE2012 instead of UMvC3 and his aggressive style of Rufus is something the top foreign players have really struggled to handle in the last Season's Beatings.

Horseress

He also said that he doesn't know the Hakan, Gen, Evil Ryu and Oni matchups. Let's see how many players will have a pocket-Hakan on EVO (Infiltration is the only one we know so far)

Surprised to hear Xian is his first pick when asked about concerns. Never thought Gen was that terrifying even if Xian makes him look awesome.

I don't know if he's most worried about Gen than Xian himself

rCIZZLE

Even more surprising is that he mentioned Ricky as his second pick. Yeah, among all the American players I think he has the biggest potential to be this year's Latif. He's concentrating in AE2012 instead of UMvC3 and his aggressive style of Rufus is something the top foreign players have really struggled to handle in the last Season's Beatings.

I totally understand Ricky being mentioned for what you said and more. It's basically a US tournament and he's probably the best US player right now. Xian is awesome but last I saw his Gen was still very much a work in progress. Sounded like he was pretty worried about that potential matchup. Also, are other big name foreign players unconfirmed still? Hoping Fuudo and Itabashi can make it due to their new sponsorship and Infiltration, Laugh, Poonko, Tokido, etc seem to be becoming regulars here.

Horseress

I totally understand Ricky being mentioned for what you said and more. It's basically a US tournament and he's probably the best US player right now. Xian is awesome but last I saw his Gen was still very much a work in progress. Sounded like he was pretty worried about that potential matchup. Also, are other big name foreign players unconfirmed still? Hoping Fuudo and Itabashi can make it due to their new sponsorship and Infiltration, Laugh, Poonko, Tokido, etc seem to be becoming regulars here.

I think Infiltration is the biggest thread to the american skies. he has FOUR chars (Akuma, Gouken, Hakan and Ryu, that beaten Ricky on Summer Slam) and they all are very good.

BadWolf

Then you should read up on the Singapore major. Xian beat Daigo in two long sets with Daigo trying out all his characters to counter (Yun, Guile, Ryu).

He could have won if he stuck with Ryu from the getgo I think, he looked pretty clueless against Gen tbh. I know they have a great Gen player in Japan (usually picks the pink pants colored Gen) but I guess they haven't come across each other.

At least now we know he doesn't mind switching characters if he needs to anymore, will probably do it if he comes across a Dhalsim at CEO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The last Cen-streamed Big Two was godlike, and this is gonna be that + West Coast players + MarlinPie. So stoked.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah Daigo said in an interview after that match that he didnt knew what to do against Gen.
But yeah: BEST ORDINARY GUY IN THE WORLD.

Solune

When your Skrull 2-0's Justin Wong in tournament, after saying "I'm gonna 2-0 Justin Wong" you guys can earn your right to fight for the title. Until then, there is only one Skrull.

And then he proceeds to get reverse swept 6-0? Stay free.

Edit: My mistake 5-1, but that was pretty fuckin free.

Top Bottom