• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
http://www.streetfighter25.com/tournaments/

Lol Joe.
ibmOle9aK1Bnnn.png

as a vega player, akuma makes me crap my pants. i have little to answer when he jumps in with air fireball

i can do the backflip to run away but if he starts chasing it becomes a circus troupe with me doing flips in vain hope he whiffs an attack and i can punish. otherwise i'm getting hit 8/10

BadWolf

This kof t-shirt thing at Evo, would they send it to you if you are in Canada or do you have to be at the venue to pick it up?

h3ro

Chris G rocking Vergil/Morrigan/Doom.

This could be a scary combo if he levels up his Vergil. I think the only issue he's gonna have with a point Vergil is building up meter for both Vergil and Morrigan to use.

oh shit chrisg is playing vergil/doom/morrigan

i think it would make his team way more deadly, given that his akuma assist often got punished, and he had to rely on him as more of a last resort than anything. he did great things with akuma (those comebacks mang), so vergil should be a more efficient point guard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Viscant "reading forums" read about the 3/5 evo thing

Wonder if he was reading Gaf? :)
I think I remember Viscant mentioning reading/getting linked to GAF once or twice.

Join us, oh purest one. <3

EDIT: Yo that Trish combo. Goddamn.

kirblar

I was actually thinking about how Vergil might make a good sub for Akuma combo's w/ Morrigan earlier today. :) Assist covers the same area.

Nice to see I wasn't crazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't even know what it's referring to.

Ooo, ChrisG has picked up Vergil on his Morrigan team. Interesting.
Some guy on the 8wayrun stream said he picked up UMvC3 and he mains Dumaru and 2 other characters.

MarlinFree. I wonder if he played that last match with a proper stick or no.

Damn, ChrisG has levelled up already. Marlinpie looked free.

I don't even know what it's referring to.

Ooo, ChrisG has picked up Vergil on his Morrigan team. Interesting.

There was a guy on the break stream earlier saying "I want to learn Marvel... I think I'm gonna use Dumaru." Another mispronunciation of Dormammu's name.

MarlinFree. I wonder if he played that last match with a proper stick or no.

I doubt it was stick problems. Marlin was actually questioning his team after that match.

Dahbomb

Viscant speaking the truth about Marvel on WakeUp SRK. Meta game was analyzed and top 10 for Marvel were given. Viscant was shy in putting out his top 8 but said he was "ready" and likes himself for top 8 in Marvel at EVO.

Infinite

The Vergil/Morrigan team looks scary since he likes to change his order depending on the match. So you either deal with morrigan anchor or vergil anchor and both are scary. What morrigan assist he uses?

The Viscant discussion on Wakeupsrk was good. I like how he picked Chou for top ten best marvel players.

Viscant speaking the truth about Marvel on WakeUp SRK. Meta game was analyzed and top 10 for Marvel were given. Viscant was shy in putting out his top 8 but said he was "ready" and likes himself for top 8 in Marvel at EVO.

Sounds good, I'll have to check out the archive for that.

The Vergil/Morrigan team looks scary since he likes to change his order depending on the match. So you either deal with morrigan anchor or vergil anchor and both are scary. What morrigan assist he uses?
Meter build.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Canada is in there right now. This guy's Trish is nuts. I'm guessing Trish is the official UMvC3 character of Canada?

Azure J

OK, so the one day I miss out on the Break after my longest dedicated run of watching the stream and Chris G uses my theory team. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Tell me he was using alpha counters to take advantage of quick ins for Morrigan/Vergil while abusing Doom missiles for lockdown/OTG for Vergil's stupid long combos.

OK, so the one day I miss out on the Break after my longest dedicated run of watching the stream and Chris G uses my theory team. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Tell me he was using alpha counters to take advantage of quick ins for Morrigan/Vergil while abusing Doom missiles for lockdown/OTG for Vergil's stupid long combos.

Unfortunately, Chris said this was the first time using Vergil. He was doing basic combos. You won't see anything new with Vergil today. :(

But it'll be awesome if he actually continues to level up his Vergil like how he leveled up his Doom (remember when his Doom wasn't even a threat?). Damn, I hope he sticks with Vergil.

Top Bottom