• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

Chavelo

And then he proceeds to get reverse swept 6-0? Stay free.

Edit: My mistake 5-1, but that was pretty fuckin free.

HURR DURR HE'S SO FREE. GODLIKE SALTY SO LAME #KAPPA #DANSGAME

Oh, for a moment there, I thought we were on a Twitch.TV chat window.

My apologies.

#ZUGZUG, AMIRITE?

SmokeMaxX

And Ray Ray went 15-2 with a player who is worse than Justin Wong. You gonna say Ray Ray is free now too?

Arguable. He won the last major OVER Justin Wong. You could say that JWong wasn't using his main team, but there's nothing to show that AT THIS TIME JWong could win even if he did use his main team. I wouldn't doubt that JWong would win, but there's no evidence to support that.

I'm a huge JWong fan and think he was the best in Marvel 2, but he's still figuring Marvel 3 out.

Tik-Tok

Arguable. He won the last major OVER Justin Wong. You could say that JWong wasn't using his main team, but there's nothing to show that AT THIS TIME JWong could win even if he did use his main team. I wouldn't doubt that JWong would win, but there's no evidence to support that.

I'm a huge JWong fan and think he was the best in Marvel 2, but he's still figuring Marvel 3 out.

It's not arguable in my opinion. That was Fanatiqs first Major win EVER.

And Ray Ray went 15-2 with a player who is worse than Justin Wong. You gonna say Ray Ray is free now too?

15-5

Fix'd

And Fanatiq beat FChamp and beat Justin Wong twice in ECT..just sayin.

EDIT:
Yea I dont think anyone is really going to big two, more and more people left today for ceo.

Don't just discourage everybody from watching Big 2.

Fchamp and Marlinpie will be still there to my knowledge, and all the other regulars/local talent will be there too.

It's not arguable in my opinion. That was Fanatiqs first Major win EVER.

Just because J Wong was better than Fanatiq previously doesn't mean that he's better than Fanatiq now..... a win in ECT with the stacked opposition is worth more than a win in WB (early in the game's cycle and without West Coast competition) and Toryuken (LOL Canada).

Busaiku

I thought Kyohei was saying on The Break yesterday that Justin and Ricky wouldn't be going, and that he's not expecting that great a turnout.

I thought Kyohei was saying on The Break yesterday that Justin and Ricky wouldn't be going, and that he's not expecting that great a turnout.

Well, we should still see some good quality UMVC3 matches there with Marlinpie and Fchamp being there with other the good local talent and regulars (Like Chris G, RayRay, Moons, Predator, Marvisto, etc)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ITT: We realize consistent performance in Marvel is difficult because of how rapid the game and players evolve.

Marvisto went 4-3 against Fanatiq in one MM set, and Fanatiq won the runback 4-3. Some random Skrull player walked in, 3-0'd Fanatiq, took his money and left. Sometimes it's impossible to be ready for EVERYTHING, even if you feel comfortable in a given matchup.

I think that's what makes Marvel so entertaining to watch. You just don't know what decidedly cheap shit someone's gonna make from the sandbox next, or find a counter for.

And don't forget that Fanatiq hated UMvC3 and was spending a lot more time on LoL before the RayRay match was planned.

Marvisto went 4-3 against Fanatiq in one MM set, and Fanatiq won the runback 4-3. Some random Skrull player walked in, 3-0'd Fanatiq, took his money and left. Sometimes it's impossible to be ready for EVERYTHING, even if you feel comfortable in a given matchup.

He was obviously bloody tired and not playing at his best, so that's a bad example.

Justin and Ricky are not going to big two but Justin did say other west coast players will be there. He didnt mention any names. As for ECT gf is concern from tweets on twitter it's pretty obvious that Justin and Fanatiq split.

Fanatiq is a great player but...
Fanatiq couldn't even keep up with combofiends nova team on the wed before ect4. Champ, pr balrog, Justin and combo are still the wc best right now if you actually asked norcal and socal.

Solune

I wouldn't say Fanatiq is worse than Justin. Also what did this have to do with Ray Ray? I said Nick Cam got bodied in the runback for FREE. For the record I never said Nick Cam is free, but you made a claim that he 2-0'd Justin like it was an end-all statement and I'm saying that has some merit to it, but you're gonna have to show me more than that.

Since you brought up the topic, Ray Ray is a very technical player but his performances have been inconsistent, but constantly getting better. Would I say Rayray was free to Fanatiq? Absolutely, but he's not a bad player.

It's been a while but DJ Huoshen has showed me a better Skrull, but I also haven't watched alot of Nick Cam's matches.

Dahbomb

Best Skrull is easily HiIamNasty. NickCam's Skrull isn't even that good and I would even put DJHoushen's Skrull over NickCam's. Expect NickCam to get bodied at CEO.

Anyway we should see some Skrulls at CEO, I know Florida got some of those down there.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Justin and Ricky are not going to big two but Justin did say other west coast players will be there. He didnt mention any names. As for ECT gf is concern from tweets on twitter it's pretty obvious that Justin and Fanatiq split.

Fanatiq couldn't even keep up with combofiends nova team on the wed before ect4. Champ, pr balrog, Justin and combo are still the wc best right now if you actually asked norcal and socal.

He was faking it according to the internets

Tik-Tok

Gentlemen, I simply have an obligation to rep my community. I'm entitled to make ridiculous blanket statements that lead to MM's and pop-offs. That's what makes this community awesome (and ridiculous). If these types of things were never discussed, we'd never have shit like RayRay Vs Fanatiq. I'm sure you understand.

I do think that Nick's skrull is among the best in North America, Just less exposed. I'm willing to back that up with $100 in a FT5/FT10 with him vs any other known Skrull players that will attend CEO (as long as Nick is down)

I also absolutely believe that Fanatiq is a worse player than Justin Wong though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listening to the WakeUpSRK with Viscant now, and this dude is pretty much reading my mind with all he has to say. I agree pretty much entirely, except for Chun-Li being unsalvageable. Also, I don't agree with no Combofiend in Top 10 players, because I trust him more than, say, PR Rog and Flocker on that list.

And I even got to hear him talk about why Iron Man is good? :')

Excited to hear Viscant has his shit together and has a MorriDoom counter team (Task/Dorm/Doom), along with another alt team (Wesker/Dorm/Doom).

SmokeMaxX

Listening to the WakeUpSRK with Viscant now, and this dude is pretty much reading my mind with all he has to say. I agree pretty much entirely, except for Chun-Li being unsalvageable. Also, I don't agree with no Combofiend in Top 10 players, because I trust him more than, say, PR Rog and Flocker on that list.

Excited to hear Viscant has his shit together and has a MorriDoom counter team (Task/Dorm/Doom), along with another alt team (Wesker/Dorm/Doom).

I'm scared that he won't be able to consistently do Buktooth loop. Not that it's hard, but my 1 hour Haggar is better (and has better combos) than the one he's been working on "for months." And I'm known for my lousy execution.

Whose twitter?

I dunno, when does PR Rog enter a tournament and not place highly?

JeTmAn81

Was ECT4 really Fanatiq's first major win in any game, including Marvel 2? I had thought he was a force in Marvel 2, would've expected some wins from that game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Big Two is going to be hype. Bifu might be streaming it if Henry lets him.

I dunno, when does PR Rog enter a tournament and not place highly?
I think his point is that PR Rog is the most skilled Marvel player, but he doesn't win tournaments. Therefore, it must be tournament jitters that get to him, since he should otherwise be winning. I don't think it's a slam to Rog, I think it's an attempt to understand why he isn't winning like he should be.

I DEMAND MORE WEST COAST DOMINANCE

SOON THE EAST COAST WILL BECOME THE WEAST COAST

WHERE ARE YOUR EAST COAST GODS NOW

Oq39p.gif

Don't forget WNF is 2/3. Fanatiq had to come back from being 0-2 by Yipes and I remember one more occassion where he was 1-2 down. 3/5 suits him a lot more.

I-hate-u

Combo is my favorite player to watch, but his team is low tier compared to the rest. I hope he surprises us

Dahbomb

CEO is doing EC VS WC 5v5 on Friday night.
GODLIKE!!!!

Combo's team isn't Low tier. Spencer is top 10, Taskmaster could be argued for top 10 and is at worst top 15. She Hulk is the only weak character on his team but at worst she is still only Lower Mid.

To say that justin wong is "definitely" better than fanatiq would be pretty hard to justify due to the nature of the game. There's a lot of random factors, it's very situation, I'd say they are both on the same level.

Justin definitely more creative, but fanatiqs MSS execution and play is pretty much flawless. His confirms were out of this world at ECT4.

Justin definitely more accomplished, but he played much better characters than Fanatiq when he was winning all the time.

At the current moment, Fanatiq has proven he is able to win agaisnt the best, so he's definitely at least up there with the best.

jbug617

Banned
reading on twitter that Kotaku ran another FGC article but they took it down. I hope it's trolling but people on twitter said it's about Nerdjosh getting locked up. They must of thought it was something recent but apparently it happened a long time ago.

Top Bottom