• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

BadWolf

Watching the videos, I didn't see anyone use hooligan or spin knuckle when in V-skill. Do those have any special properties?

I am not sure if her V-Skill is any good beside the FB invisible properties and you combo if they connect. You can only do two special moves before it runs out and you can't EX them either.

Yeah I didn't see it used either, people kept spamming the spiral arrow and the anti-air when in V-Trigger.

You don't need to be in V-trigger to use the V-skill so it should be pretty useful overall. Aside from fireballs it can probably dodge other stuff too (I think it functions similarly to Shermie's spin kick move in KOF) and can get you out of the corner since it crosses up.

And it was mentioned that she can probably do a maximum of three specials when in V-trigger if you don't waste any time.

Tripon

CHryokrVAAAijh2.png
https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/611067479045992448

That wasnt meant to replace SF4 though. It's like CvS2 to 3S

Yes sure. That's why xTekken was released ~a year after SF4's last intentional physical release, following SF4's Q1 release pattern. And there wasn't an entire marketing engine following that release. and xTekken had the highest payout at Sf25th before the reception gave it parity to SF4.

This is probably the worst time to be down about 5. People are so sucked in that there are threads on GAF analyzing color strips as potential character hints. But whatever, we'll see.

Dahbomb

Capcom tried to push SFxT hard but they never tried to push it as a replacement for SF4.

Nothing wrong with pushing a new game hard, you kinda have to do it in today's environment. What's wrong is people blindly buying into the hype and jumping on the bandwagon. That could apply to SFV as well of course.

BadWolf

When Combofiend and Mike were playing on stream yesterday someone asked if Ryu had his donkey kick and Combo answered with something like a "not yet". Probably means nothing but who knows, might be a chance.

Also, if they leave his parry in as is then it will probably be less about punishing (due to the recovery) and more about building his V-gauge. Someone parried a two hit fireball and he built a full V-bar (or a sliver less than that). So he should be good at maintaning a heavy dose of alpha counters and activations. The biggest advantage of course is that there is only one input so you don't have to guess between low and high parry.

k4n3

Banned
Bison
Cammy
Birdie
Nash
Ryu
Chun

idk about that, ive not played it but i watched every single tournament during E3 and only one person was rocking bison and that was justin wong.... yes he smoked everyone but hes always been a quick learner at every game and that might of been more of him then the character

if i had to rank just based on what i saw id go, combofiend even said birdies jabs were to strong and they will have to address that

Birdie
Cammy
Nash
Bison
ryu
chun li

DunpealD

RE: Chun it's out so headstomps to ex kicks is the best option. Nothing else combos off vskill either.

Cammy's vskill crosses up now so it has new properties and has some invulnerability so it can beat out pokes in a poke heavy game.

Also the spin knuckle turned from half circle command to button push. Depending on opponent reacting to projectiles might not let you hit them, but maybe and least make them block and getting frame advantage.

Tripon

It's ironic that one of Fahey's complaints is that the 9AM PST time was inconvenient for Japanese viewers when Fahey's main arguments is that Nintendo shouldn't compete at E3, one of America's largest trades show for the video game industry. He also didn't have a complaint for Square-Enix's show at 10AM PST which was also inconvenient for Japanese viewers.

Kimosabae

Banned
When Combofiend and Mike were playing on stream yesterday someone asked if Ryu had his donkey kick and Combo answered with something like a "not yet". Probably means nothing but who knows, might be a chance.

Another recurring phrase that I thought was interesting was:

"Gootecks fighting to become the greatest Street Fighter 5 player ever!

..on PS4."

PC/PS4 have crossplay, soo..

BadWolf

Another recurring phrase that I thought was interesting was:

"Gootecks fighting to become the greatest Street Fighter 5 player ever!

..on PS4."

PC/PS4 have crossplay, soo..

They were giving PS4s away as prizes to the winners so the event was probably a collaboration.

stn

I always got the impression that Capcom wanted to have SFxT alongside SF4. It ruined its own chances with the DLC nonsense, gem nonsense, and some of the gameplay. Really unfortunate because the 2013 version is sooooooooooooo good.

Hopefully they make the final boss character challenging than they did with Seth. All the other SF's end bosses did at one point had some challenge.

I always got the impression that Capcom wanted to have SFxT alongside SF4. It ruined its own chances with the DLC nonsense, gem nonsense, and some of the gameplay. Really unfortunate because the 2013 version is sooooooooooooo good.

I don't think I should have responded to this idea because it's an irrelevant point. Whatever Capcom intentions are, that doesn't mean that it will be the case in the community.

Infinite

Don't forget it having the same visual presentation as SF4.

I would play SFxT 2013 edition (w/o gems) again if tournaments started having it.

I did enjoy it but yea.. gems, the character design being goofy as fuck kinda steered me off.

my steve tho :WOW:

Sayad

So, what was Namco's "fighting/wrestling game" that was supposed to be at E3?

I would play SFxT 2013 edition (w/o gems) again if tournaments started having it.
I did enjoy it but yea.. gems, the character design being goofy as fuck kinda steered me off.
my steve tho :WOW:
How's that any different from SFIV's?!
Would love to see SFxT's Tekken characters in a 2D fighting game again. They were way more interesting than the SF side.

Kimosabae

Banned
Just use Amazon. They don't charge until the game ships.

That was my inclination but I've heard people had trepidations about with vendors are actually providing beta codes...

Like, is there even a link explaining the details of the beta? The whole things feels kinda lazy tbh
Amazon pre order to get beta then cancel the pre order.

I'd probably due this only because I don't want to have to wait for it to ship lol

That was my inclination but I've heard people had trepidations about with vendors are actually providing beta codes...

Like, is there even a link explaining the details of the beta? The whole things feels kinda lazy tbh

I'd probably due this only because I don't want to have to wait for it to ship lol
I just know Amazon is a listed beta vendor.

Top Bottom