• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 4-10

Matches will be in a bit different order than what I posted, didn't get to catch it all:

Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Juso (Sakura)
1-3 ●●○●
VER (Gouken) vs. 6 (Akuma)
3-2 ●●○○●
Banbaban (Cammy) vs. Pamyu (Balrog)
1-3 ●○●●
Dogura (M.Bison) vs. Naruo (Evil Ryu)
0-3 ●●●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Machabo (Fei Long)
1-3 ○●●●
Kyabetsu (C.Viper) vs. 6 (Akuma)
3-2 ●●○○○
Pamyu (Balrog) vs. Juso (Sakura)
3-2 ●●○○○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Naruo (Evil Ryu)
1-3 ○●●●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Dashio (Seth)
1-3 ○●●●
VER (Gouken) vs. Juso (Sakura)
3-0 ○○○
Dogura (M.Bison) vs. Machabo (Fei Long)
3-2 ●○●○○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. 6 (Akuma)
2-3 ●○●○●

NICE, PAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYUUUUUUU!!!!

Can't wait to see these!!!

Matches will be in a bit different order than what I posted, didn't get to catch it all:

Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Juso (Sakura)
1-3 ●●○●
VER (Gouken) vs. 6 (Akuma)
3-2 ●●○○●
Banbaban (Cammy) vs. Pamyu (Balrog)
1-3 ●○●●
Dogura (M.Bison) vs. Naruo (Evil Ryu)
0-3 ●●●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Machabo (Fei Long)
1-3 ○●●●
Kyabetsu (C.Viper) vs. 6 (Akuma)
3-2 ●●○○○
Pamyu (Balrog) vs. Juso (Sakura)
3-2 ●●○○○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Naruo (Evil Ryu)
1-3 ○●●●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. Dashio (Seth)
1-3 ○●●●
VER (Gouken) vs. Juso (Sakura)
3-0 ○○○
Dogura (M.Bison) vs. Machabo (Fei Long)
3-2 ●○●○○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. 6 (Akuma)
2-3 ●○●○●

What happened during the VER - Juso match? Juso had to take an emergency dump?

USD

Here's what's happened on TOPANGA so far today:

Yazu (Guile) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
1-3 ●●○●
Eita (Akuma) vs. Juso (Sakura)
3-1 ○○●○
Naruo (Evil Ryu) vs. Dashio (Seth)
3-2 ●○○●○
Banbaban (Cammy) vs. YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim)
3-2 ●●○○○
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. VER (Gouken)
3-0 ○○○
Sasaki (Cody) vs. Pamyu (Balrog)
2-3 ●●○○●
Banbaban (Cammy) vs. Yazu (Guile)
1-3 ●○●●
Ojisan Boy (Abel) vs. 6 (Akuma)
3-1 ○○●○
Kyabetsu (C.Viper) vs. Machabo (Fei Long)
3-1 ○○●○
YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim) vs. Sasaki (Cody)
3-2 ●○○●○
Eita (Akuma) vs. Dashio (Seth)
3-2 ●○○●○
Machabo (Fei Long) vs. Pamyu (Balrog)
3-2 ●○●○○

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://canonsnk.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-2194.html

2012_0610aru2.jpg

Some big Arcana Heart tournament photos.

Naruo looking so solid with Evil Ryu. That's what you get for abandoning the Satsui no Hadou KOK. I really hope he can finish top 2 and make it into the A league.

The Runback just needs to start earlier so people actually stay up to watch. Marvel sometimes doesn't show up until 11 to 12 PM PT

What's their excuse for showing Skullgirls, then?
It gets viewers and no one complains. The stream easily hits 4.5k with SG on it anyway.
"It feels weird to not have a jump, but kinda refreshing at the same time. Jumping in 3D games has always been awkward unless it's part of a move."

You do have a jump. g+up direction.
Missed this before. Yeah... I've been practicing some more and they actually can jump. It doesn't feel weird like SCV jumps. I actually like them.

As long as I get to see the finals for both at the very least.

In a few of the past showings where Marvel was the main game, they neglected to show KOF finals.

Maybe they're responding to the number of people who enter for each tournament game?

Marvel always had more entrants than KOF, so why else are they changing their tune now? It not like KOF hasn't been the headliner before.

I believe it more along the lines of 1)umvc3 having more entrants and 2) umvc3 will be the 2nd biggest game at EVO.

See above concerning the first point, and as for the second point, I don't see what that has anything to do with a weekie, and no it isn't in terms of entrants.

In a few of the past showings where Marvel was the main game, they neglected to show KOF finals.

Marvel always had more entrants than KOF, so why else are they changing their tune now? It not like KOF hasn't been the headliner before.

See above concerning the first point, and as for the second point, I don't see what that has anything to do with a weekie, and no it isn't in terms of entrants.

In the status Valle said he was show KOF more for MLG as that's what the main reason for showing KOF over Marvel.

Nyoro SF

I love both games. They shouldn't have to compete for time. Just at the very least, show me winners and grand finals for both games.

I can understand if that's too hard to do, but that's my selfish stream monster request.

Dirtbag

Were people really expecting KOF to get time over Marvel? Honestly?

It's the 2nd biggest game at EVO, and its the number one most hype for sheer lunacy.
Many of the other pure fighters are more methodical. You can't deny the excitement of marvel busted or not.

Grecco

There were other times before that were KOF was the headliner if that was your getting at.

I really hope you aren't pretending that Marvel hasn't been the headliner at most of the events.

I think Marvel has not been the focus of level up ever since it got moved to thursdays yes.

Were people really expecting KOF to get time over Marvel? Honestly?

It's the 2nd biggest game at EVO, and its the number one most hype for sheer lunacy.
Many of the other pure fighters are more methodical. You can't deny the excitement of marvel busted or not.

Not currently in terms of entrants.

I think Marvel has not been the focus of level up ever since it got moved to thursdays yes.

Just because it's shown first doesn't make it the headliner, there only a hour a footage before they show 2 hours worth of Marvel and maybe show only KOF grand finals. If you can't stay up long enough, that's on you, in Valle's twitter, it is said that KOF would still be the opener.

Be thankful you get to see most of tournament.

idk, I don't see the problem. People want to watch UMVC3, they put on UMVC3 so people can watch it. I think the demand is for that and not KOF13. Just the way it is.

idk, I don't see the problem. People want to watch UMVC3, they put on UMVC3 so people can watch it. I think the demand is for that and not KOF13. Just the way it is.

They already show Marvel most of the time, though. It's childish that they can't handle the game not being the headliner for one week.

SmokeMaxX

I think Mr Wizard might have said in a chat somewhere that KOF was seccond behind SF4. I dont remember when though. At CEO its SF4 and UMVC seccond ( I expect the same at Evo)

Not really fair. I know a TON of people (pretty much everyone I know that entered KoF) that ONLY entered for the shirt. They don't even know how to play the game. I'm one of those entrants.

They already show Marvel most of the time, though. It childish that they can't handle the game not being the headliner for one week.

I'd just like them to show both grand finals for once. Or at the very least, let people know if both aren't going to be able to be streamed. I know what Offcast said earlier, but it'd be much appreciated.

Top Bottom