• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 4-10

Grecco

They already show Marvel most of the time, though. It childish that they can't handle the game not being the headliner for one week.

It hasnt been the headliner for way longer.

Not really fair. I know a TON of people (pretty much everyone I know that entered KoF) that ONLY entered for the shirt. They don't even know how to play the game. I'm one of those entrants.

I know. I also think that in the end there will be more UMVC entrants anyways. Shirt or no shirt.

I'll post it in this week's thread once it goes up, but this was a good article from IPW and is fairly accurate w.r.t. stream monsters (the actual trolls, not just viewers):

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/6/11/the-salty-runback-the-cost-of-doing-business.html

Of course I laugh at the good hearted jokes and actually funny stuff but some of the overdone gahbage that fills stream chats does get annoying and/or ridic, esp for those actively trying to make the FGC bigger.

Just thought I'd share it. Some of the comments are good in it too.

Shingin

Just a heads up,

WNF:AE will have VF5FS, AE and maybe SFXT this wed. Skullgirls wont be shown on the stream this week but there will be a side tournament going on.

Runback will have umvc3 the main game all the way to evo. Which means 30 minutes to an hour of kof13 then umvc3 until completion. Its up to director on the stream on how long he wants to show kof13.
http://twitter.com/levelupseries/status/211963573159731201

Just a heads up,

WNF:AE will have VF5FS, AE and maybe SFXT this wed. Skullgirls wont be shown on the stream this week but there will be a side tournament going on.

Runback will have umvc3 the main game all the way to evo. Which means 30 minutes to an hour of kof13 then umvc3 until completion. Its up to director on the stream on how long he wants to show kof13.

aLWzB.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just a heads up,

Can you expand on the reasoning behind cutting KoF13 stream time? Where was this feedback taken from?

Seems to have caused quite a stir here.

Just a heads up,

Thank you. For a casual viewer, 3 different jump archs & short hop pokes can't compete against the movement and combos of Marvel.

SmokeMaxX

I'm in Medical School. I don't even have a lot of time to support Marvel, the game that I love. I want to support King of Fighters, but I literally don't have the time to learn a new game.
Thanks. Pot monsters are always appreciated.
You're welcome. I just wanted the free shirt. I don't see what the big deal is anyway. King of Fighters is getting a lot of publicity for having so many entrants. It was a great PR move.

And there will always be a TON of pot monsters. I've been to the last few Evos and there were plenty of people who had no idea how to play the games they entered.

kirblar

Thank you. For a casual viewer, 3 different jump archs & short hop pokes can't compete against the movement and combos of Marvel.
Not to mention the most bizarre and jarring projectile animations I've ever seen. They look like they're out of a different game entirely.

I'm in Medical School. I don't even have a lot of time to support Marvel, the game that I love. I want to support King of Fighters, but I literally don't have the time to learn a new game.

You're welcome. I just wanted the free shirt. I don't see what the big deal is anyway. King of Fighters is getting a lot of publicity for having so many entrants. It was a great PR move.

And there will always be a TON of pot monsters. I've been to the last few Evos and there were plenty of people who had no idea how to play the games they entered.

Don't take my comment too seriously, I was just alluding to the point you were making in a somewhat facetious way.

Dahbomb

Just had a quick look at the pool and here are the notables for Marvel:

MarlinPie
FChamp
MastaCJ
FC Jago
Roachking
Justin Wong
Noel Brown
Dieminion
Dark Hokage
Floe
RayRay
Mike Ross
ChrisG
Green Ace
Combofiend
Ricky Ortiz
Fanatiq (confirmed by Jebailey himself)
Smooth Viper
Ryan Hunter
PR Balrog
Marvelo
Viscant
Ranmasama
Honzo Gonzo
CJShowstopper
Flocker
OMGitzAndre
DJHoushen
Flashmetroid
Wing Zero
LuisthePanda

As stacked as it is for Marvel, it's even MORE stacked for AE. "This gonna be gud" is pretty much an understatement at this point.

MarlinPie
FChamp
MastaCJ
FC Jago
Roachking
Justin Wong
Noel Brown
Dieminion
Dark Hokage
Floe
RayRay
Mike Ross
ChrisG
Green Ace
Combofiend
Ricky Ortiz
Smooth Viper
Ryan Hunter
PR Balrog
Marvelo
Viscant
Ranmasama
Honzo Gonzo
CJShowstopper
Flocker
OMGitzAndre
DJHoushen
Flashmetroid
Wing Zero
LuisthePanda

As stacked as it is for Marvel, it's even MORE stacked for AE. "This gonna be gud" is pretty much an understatement at this point.
Add Yipes to the list too he's coming also NickCam from Canada to MM OMG ITZ Andre and UnKnown and Knives will be there as they are MM also.

MarlinPie
FChamp
MastaCJ
FC Jago
Roachking
Justin Wong
Noel Brown
Dieminion
Dark Hokage
Floe
RayRay
Mike Ross
ChrisG
Green Ace
Combofiend
Ricky Ortiz
Smooth Viper
Ryan Hunter
PR Balrog
Marvelo
Viscant
Ranmasama
Honzo Gonzo
CJShowstopper
Flocker
OMGitzAndre
DJHoushen
Flashmetroid
Wing Zero
LuisthePanda

1318309265839.gif

The solution is for Twitch's chat to stop being bloody awful. The reason the chat is unreadable is because you can't get rid of the idiots.

Make it so that a channel op can switch on a feature that does one or more of the following:

1) Removes emotes and faces
2) Prevents any account sub 1-week or 1-month old from chatting.
3) Remove all non-text characters from being able to be displayed (no stupid dance party spam, no troll faces, nothing)
4) Make bans actually be permanent and IP-based.

Spooky didn't have a problem with stream monsters when he was on Own3d because Own3d has no chat. People just used #teamspooky on Quakenet instead and - surprisingly - it was far calmer.

The bananas thing is that this problem doesn't occur in the eSport streams, and I don't know why.

theowne

The solution is for Twitch's chat to stop being bloody awful. The reason the chat is unreadable is because you can't get rid of the idiots.

Make it so that a channel op can switch on a feature that does one or more of the following:

3) Remove all non-text characters from being able to be displayed (no stupid dance party spam, no troll faces, nothing)

^ 100% agree, that article is mostly about a very specific Twitch-centric behaviour.

Of course, this could also very easily be solved by setting the chat on major streams to mods only, so people cleared by the streamers (good players and those that can update viewers on what's going on) can chat whilst normal folk can just go discuss it on places like the aformentioned #Teamspooky.

Sad thing is that the last time I said something about stream monsters being idiots, someone stole the Huw_Dawson name on Twitch and pretended to be me for a while. I'm Fairlysadpanda on there but most FGC people in the UK scene know me by both handles, so people thought I was posting idiotic stuff.

No worries, thanks as always USD, Ultimate Stream-topic Designer!

I'm pretty sure all we need is IP-ban and Twitch chat quality increases tenfold.

True. Twitch chat has been garbage for years, I hope it's changed soon.

Although it's perfect on Siglemic's SM64 run stream. Not too spammy, just people hyped and posting silly stuff, like today when people were raising their hands in the air to charge up the Siglemic Bomb.

Spooky didn't have a problem with stream monsters when he was on Own3d because Own3d has no chat. People just used #teamspooky on Quakenet instead and - surprisingly - it was far calmer.

The bananas thing is that this problem doesn't occur in the eSport streams, and I don't know why.
My issue is that Darryl of all people wrote it. That dude really has no room to talk.
Also
https://twitter.com/teamspooky/status/212367058879524865
so they can't IP ban.
I don't really have a problem with Stream Monster though they're pretty entertaining when not spamming(except when they put UD tweet on the TRK stream)

Azure J

MarlinPie
FChamp
MastaCJ
FC Jago
Roachking
Justin Wong
Noel Brown
Dieminion
Dark Hokage
Floe
RayRay
Mike Ross
ChrisG
Green Ace
Combofiend
Ricky Ortiz
Smooth Viper
Ryan Hunter
PR Balrog
Marvelo
Viscant
Ranmasama
Honzo Gonzo
CJShowstopper
Flocker
OMGitzAndre
DJHoushen
Flashmetroid
Wing Zero
LuisthePanda

This shit is going to be fucking wild.

Top Bottom