• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 4-10

I wonder if the new downloadable Guilty Gear will be free with PSN like VF5 is.

I wonder if it will come out on a date too close to the release of TTT2 and no one will care.

Can it only be done with chars that have flight or could anyone do it if he's in the proper position ?

and yeah, Champ is not gonna even hover over phoenix at the select screen when they play.

IT'S.....IT'S ALIVE

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...elations-2012-santa-monica-california.161579/

But now it's been rescheduled and as far as I know, doesn't conflict with upcoming major. This is two times now where the announcement of a rescheduling of a major wasn't made until the very last second. With the first being Mad Catz Championships and now this.

They may have had a shady past, but if they're still going to try and put this together then I hope for the best. This being a successful event can only be a good thing for the FGC.

rCIZZLE

IT'S.....IT'S ALIVE

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...elations-2012-santa-monica-california.161579/

But now it's been rescheduled and as far as I know, doesn't conflict with upcoming major. This is two times now where the announcement of a rescheduling of a major wasn't made until the very last second. With the first being Mad Catz Championships and now this.

They may have had a shady past, but if they're still going to try and put this together then I hope for the best. This being a successful event can only be a good thing for the FGC.

They were half of an awesome weekend of stream monstering last year so it's good to get some news about another tournament. Hopefully they'll have enough time to get a high profile international player or two to show up.

They gave us awesome matches, but at the end of the day they don't know what the fuck they are doing. I just don't see them making it if they can't even get it to work with Level Up. What they are going to do it on their own in SoCal w/o the support of the SoCal?

I'm sure people will still attend for the prize money, but that's about it.

can someone explain this to me? I really don't understand

Pie TAC Up. Then TAC (I'm assuming up or down) but back dash out of that TAC so it whiffs.

Dash down and TAC Side. Most likely Chris is still in recovery of either the first or second TAC to counter the third TAC. So my assumption is it works exactly like the Japanese tech, just this one doesn't risk X-Factor.

Vice

can someone explain this to me? I really don't understand

During a team aerial combo if you hit your opponent to the side of the screen they lose one bar of super meter. If they guess the direction you're going to try and hit them from they counter you and keep the meter. The TAC glitchin that video had Dr.Doom make his opponent waste there counter and then TAC them by canceling his attack with flight.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope they do the money match late at night. Don't want to miss it.

Team RayRay!

Twitch seems to be more stable, stream wise but maybe that's just on my end.
Font type and size is better.
Overall cleaner look.
Seems easier to keep track of things.

Title font is too big. Should be 30% smaller.
Not really feeling the Fingercramp thing.
Chat is even more glitchy than ever.
Still not as customizable as original JTV. Pro accounts should be noticed.
Wallpaper will have grey overlay regardless of anything used and resolution is all f-ed up.

I wonder if the new downloadable Guilty Gear will be free with PSN like VF5 is.

I wonder if it will come out on a date too close to the release of TTT2 and no one will care.

It's for playstation plus subscribers though. Even still though I don't have interest in it.

Venfayth

Tokido, Luis Cha (supposedly mexicos best KoF player? juicebox said so on some VVV podcast he was on last night), and Bala all going to kof at MLG should make for some fucking hype matches, even if there aren't that many overall competitors.

It's for playstation plus subscribers though. Even still though I don't have interest in it.

Well, that's fine. No game is for everyone.

But for people with even a passive interest, they're re-balancing an already extremely balanced game, to the point where any previously banned character would be playable. And they're also adding what I assume to be the same netcode as BB.

The game is fun. Personally, I'm not very good at it, but I think each character is unique and has multiple levels of depth to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8mwuFY0X4o

Tokido, Luis Cha (supposedly mexicos best KoF player? juicebox said so on some VVV podcast he was on last night), and Bala all going to kof at MLG should make for some fucking hype matches, even if there aren't that many overall competitors.
Mr.KOF isn't showing up?

Tokido should have gone to ECT instead, probably would have taken AE2012, SCV and KOFXIII. Instead he's going to get bodied in MLG.

Was cross counter live on last night? Usually I watch it the next day but I don't see a post on cross counter yesterday and today on cross counter live.

Tokido should have gone to ECT instead, probably would have taken AE2012, SCV and KOFXIII. Instead he's going to get bodied in MLG.

I don't know man those aren't guaranteed. Plus he probably wants to keep his health for CEO. Two back to back weekends of big majors going to burn you out. MLG probably a lot more low key.

Was cross counter live on last night? Usually I watch it the next day but I don't see a post on cross counter yesterday and today on cross counter live.

Nope Mike Ross was too busy eating bacon wrapped hot dogs at E3.

He'd get 8th at MLG and would probably make more money than at ECT.

I think he will place higher than 8th. Also at this point I think we all know that international players make most of their money via money matches and not tournament winnings at U.S Majors.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think he will place higher than 8th. Also at this point I think we all know that international players make most of their money via money matches and not tournament winnings at U.S Majors.

I'm just saying theoretically. Assuming 8th is the lowest you get for $$$. I don't think he'll get any lower than 3rd personally. Plus we all know he's all about the buffet. Valle and friends will take care of him. That's half of the reason he comes to America.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Met UltraDavid on his way back to record Tuesday. Nice guy!
Killer Kai was doing random photo work and talked to him as well. Nicer guy!

Going to MLG so nice to hear Tokido will be there. I will try to be in the KoF crowd of 5 people.

People still watch CCL?

I quit when Gooey quit.

Yeah...the chemistry that Mike Ross and Gootecks had can never be replaced, but it's not awful by anymeans.

All the replacements (Combofiend, Fanatiq, Justin Wong and Marn) have been entertaining co-hosts.

sleepykyo

Aren't the pots for SCV and KoF13 larger than ECT? And Tokido seemed to do well i SCV at SS, at least he knew enough to be able to tell the game was unpatched.

Top Bottom