• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
FT5 Smug vs Sanford

Smug led first, then Sanford caught up and started getting hyped up. At 4-4 it went down to the last round after Smug took off his jacket and then stunned Sanford setting up a Rose combo. It failed but Smug won anyway. They hugged it out at the end.

I think Sanford needs to finally admit his admiration for Smug.

Brett Awesome

Neo Member
The direction of this is an absolute mess. It's not hard to pick the best matches to show if you know what every match is going to be beforehand. Instead we have all this dead air and we're missing the best matches.

Kumubou

The direction of this is an absolute mess. It's not hard to pick the best matches to show if you know what every match is going to be beforehand. Instead we have all this dead air and we're missing the best matches.
They could also have all of the consoles plugged into an HDMI switch and they could just switch from one set to another as games wrap up. Ideally you would have all of the console feeding into the stream station directly but that's probably too e-sports right now.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116553491]Man, I want a PS4 for Xrd and the inevitable Street Fighter 5, but Wii U is looking way too hot right now.[/QUOTE]
im getting one before ps4 or xbo too, especially since it is BC so I can sell my wii

JeTmAn81

An embarrassing performance from GB. Why didn't he switch to Adon? Also, didn't Akuma get nerfed?

edit: wait, that was grand finals? Ye gads.

hitsugi

Might be one of the worst finals ever. Just too dominant for me to get hyped. He should have at least tried with Adon... couldn't have done any worse than he did with Yun.

An embarrassing performance from GB. Why didn't he switch to Adon? Also, didn't Akuma get nerfed?

edit: wait, that was grand finals? Ye gads.

Might be one of the worst finals ever. Just too dominant for me to get hyped. He should have at least tried with Adon... couldn't have done any worse than he did with Yun.

Gamerbee sent Infiltration to the losers bracket with Yun 3-0 in the Winners Finals. Whenever he's faced Infiltration, he's always tried to counter pick with Yun because he doesn't like the Adon-Akuma matchup.

I understand why he didn't switch though, after winning convincingly in WF then proceeding to get downloaded so quickly.. he must've thought he still had a shot.

Does Adon lose that matchup vs Akuma that bad though? Before I'd always think that GB should stick to his guns, but he always counter picks with Yun vs Infil.

MrDaravon

Holy fucking shit this match is still going? Literally did cleaning, made and ate dinner and desert, made some coffee and sat down and it's still on. And it was like 2-0 already when I left. God damn.

Ziophaelin

There is no crying in Street Fighter!! There is no crying in Street Fighter!

tumblr_lrd6fpx10C1qzpegpo1_500.jpg

Marz

Gamerbee sent Infiltration to the losers bracket with Yun 3-0 in the Winners Finals. Whenever he's faced Infiltration, he's always tried to counter pick with Yun because he doesn't like the Adon-Akuma matchup.

I understand why he didn't switch though, after winning convincingly in WF then proceeding to get downloaded so quickly.. he must've thought he still had a shot.

Does Adon lose that matchup vs Akuma that bad though? Before I'd always think that GB should stick to his guns, but he always counter picks with Yun vs Infil.

Yea Adon gets wrecked by Akuma. Probably even worse in this version.

soakrates

Great stuff from Shine. I would have liked to see him use Yang's command grab more out of FADC slash pressure but a terrific set nonetheless. I still think Yang is pretty damn legit in Ultra.

Top Bottom