• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 9-15 | Sponsored by Popeyes

What makes Ken competitive with the other shotos? He seems to lack mixups in comparison.

Mixups don't matter in shoto mirrors if your character is better at the range your opponents normally want to fight. Ken is good at fucking up spacing decisions.

Hmm how so? A lot of things you can lose to in GG are reactable. That feeling stems from that

This is the only reason I top 16'd a major for VF5. When your jabs are as slow as overheads in 2d games blocking on reaction is super easy. I don't even know any combos in that game lol

Well its cause anime happened lol. The time I spent playing anime games, some of the stuff is really hard to react to since the game is faster than your average fg.
Don't shoot me for just saying what I thought, maybe anime games are really slow but who gives a fubar
There's nothing in GG that requires faster blocking reactions than Marvel. Unless you want to just frame block Zato unblockables, but that's a guess. :p

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
There's nothing in GG that requires faster blocking reactions than Marvel. Unless you want to just frame block Zato unblockables, but that's a guess. :p

Maybe I'm just not as good at the game lol. My blocking is pretty good unless I get gimmicked -_-

An example of that was when it was 2-2 and I won the last match, this guy switch out his Hulk/Haggar/Shuma for Hulk/Haggar/Wesker and he got me to my anchor akuma. I was feeling pretty confident since he had no meter and couldn't cancel out of a lariat that I could low profile with akuma's cr.l. Dude tried to command grab me in the air, which I thought was weird but then Wesker was at the bottom with his pistol assist and realized dude caught me in a very situational unblockable once he piped me after his air command grab. Never have I been so salty since this is the same guy I sent to losers -_-

Maybe I'm just not as good at the game lol. My blocking is pretty good unless I get gimmicked -_-

An example of that was when it was 2-2 and I won the last match, this guy switch out his Hulk/Haggar/Shuma for Hulk/Haggar/Wesker and he got me to my anchor akuma. I was feeling pretty confident since he had no meter and couldn't cancel out of a lariat that I could low profile with akuma's cr.l. Dude tried to command grab me in the air, which I thought was weird but then Wesker was at the bottom with his pistol assist and realized dude caught me in a very situational unblockable once he piped me after his air command grab. Never have I been so salty since this is the same guy I sent to losers -_-
We all have that "What is he doi - ohhhh" moments. :)

Oh wow, sure would hate to be that guy that just lost a Smash tournament because of SDing twice within one minute while having been convincingly in the lead for like half the match.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156079099]GGs Ven

Your spacing is awesome lol[/QUOTE]

Beard, how old are you? People call you an old man.

Vote for thread titles below.

FGW |

P0ZBwD9.jpg

OceanBlue

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156083287]FGW | Crouching Forward, Hidden Dragon Punch[/QUOTE]

Lol Crouching Short, Hidden Dragon Punch is good too.

Anne

I am honestly surprised by how surprised/impressed people are by that OS. Also EHubs posting the headline of "tech used to win" when it's actually just a thing players have been doing for awhile.

Kumubou

I am honestly surprised by how surprised/impressed people are by that OS. Also EHubs posting the headline of "tech used to win" when it's actually just a thing players have been doing for awhile.
It goes to show just how ridiculous SF4's buffering is. That and I question how many players use it consistently (GamerBee sure as hell wasn't using it, heh). The tech may be old, but it's a good teachable moment, if nothing else. It also goes to show why putting reversals on reverse DP motions is kind of dumb. :x

Top Bottom