• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 12-18 | The Bracket Racket

I think if that happens, folks will revolt anyways- there's decent alternatives to Twitch.

I feel this could be the catalyst for Microsoft, EA, Activision etc to make up their own (exclusive) streaming solutions.

Then let the copyright fun and games really start.

Dahbomb

Jesus christ 99 Marvel seconds and 4 characters still alive.

That was one LLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE match.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
it'll be much easier to deal with gaming companies than to deal with hollywood though. publishers don't really have a reason to deny the streaming as they benefit from it as well.

I haven't paid too much attention to the Youtube copyright situation lately, but aren't small content creators still getting massively fucked there? It's easier dealing with gaming companies than music/movie companies that are spending their time and money trying to brute-force the world into operating like it's still 1995, but it's still bad juju.

It'll probably end up being just like it is for Youtube: good for the big guys, bad for the small guys. And the copyright situation is only one angle here.

Maybe having dem search engine dollars will be a big stepping stone towards competitive gaming becoming more accepted by mainstream society, though. There is that, at least.

smurfx

get some go again
I haven't paid too much attention to the Youtube copyright situation lately, but aren't small content creators still getting massively fucked there? It's easier dealing with gaming companies than music/movie companies that are spending their time and money trying to brute-force the world into operating like it's still 1995, but it's still bad juju.

It'll probably end up being just like it is for Youtube: good for the big guys, bad for the small guys. And the copyright situation is only one angle here.

Maybe having dem search engine dollars will be a big stepping stone towards competitive gaming becoming more accepted by mainstream society, though. There is that, at least.
one thing that helps twitch streamers is that their money is mostly made from live streaming and subscriptions. don't think they can really go after streamers for copyright unless they are streaming movies which would get them banned from twitch for violation the TOS.

one thing that helps twitch streamers is that their money is mostly made from live streaming and subscriptions. don't think they can really go after streamers for copyright unless they are streaming movies which would get them banned from twitch for violation the TOS.

They don't own the games, so they are certainly open for copyright claims.

The fact that game companies don't do it, doesn't mean that they cannot. Now that google is making money off of other people's games, you can bet some changes will come with it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";112527373]I officially have access to my desktop again! Who wants to play AE PC? I'll be online.

GFWL Gods Beard
Steam Gods_Beard[/QUOTE]

im down

steamid/gfwl is the same as my name

I told you guys that the only variable in this tournament was how many 3-0s Justin was going to get. The answer is apparently all of them LMAO!

I haven't payed any attention to Marvel lately, but I thought Ray Ray was on the same level as Justin?

When I did pay attention... KBrad was the guy that was always in loser finals of his pools and barley making top 32. Now he's beating Ray Ray?

Dahbomb

I haven't played any attention to Marvel lately, but I thought Ray Ray was on the same level as Justin?

When I did pay attention... KBrad was the guy that was always in loser finals of his pools and barley making top 32. Now he's beating Ray Ray?
The only people who think Ray Ray is on the level of Justin are hopeless East coast fanboys.

East coast Marvel scene as a whole has floundered since ChrisG left while the West coast continues to get better. ECT a tournament that was almost all East Coast tournament player wise had a West coast grand finals.

Ray Ray seems to be in a slight slump. Didn't make it out of pools at ECT in probably the biggest in a while for UMVC3. I would still rate Ray Ray better than Kbrad though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
FGW | How do we make a joke about Mike Ross and Twitch?

Seriously, how do you do it?

Anything big happen this week? Also, Project M and Melee are the truth. No anime, no marvel, only short hops and melee.

FGW | Lincoln confirmed jankiest auto manufacturer

Don't lie to me

don't do it

pleaaase don't do it

I'm not though. I really don't. The only song of Drake I've ever listened to wasn't even his song. it was Kendrick's Lamar Poetic Justice and I just stop it after Kendrick's verse.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
FGW | Twitch To Get 4th

FGW | Frauds among us

I'm torn between the two guys
biblethump-png.33409

Top Bottom