• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 13-19 | The World Ends Ryu

Three Brazilian tournaments. Other than that, he's been winning the online tournaments (both Xbox & PS3) to get his points.

64 points for Revox (Brazil, Feb 2014) 2nd place
16 points for FNF Championship Series (Sao Paulo, April 2014) 4th place
1 point for Online South America Xbox (April 2014) 9th place
64 points for Online South America Xbox (May 2014) 1st place
4 points for Online Americas Xbox (July 2014) 5th place
1 point for Online Americas PS3 (July 2014) 13th place
64 points for Online Americas Xbox (Aug 2014) 1st place
32 points for Online Americas PS3 (Aug 2014) 2nd place
64 points for Online Americas Xbox (Sept 2014) 1st place
64 points for Online Americas PS3 (Sept 2014) 1st place
128 points for Brazil Game Show (Sao Paulo, Oct 2014) 1st place

= 502 points total
And he'll likely get more for the October Online tournaments

ChuChu is a Viper player but I've never seen him play. It will be interesting to see how he does at Capcom Cup.

Xbox and PS3? Damn that explains how he was able to keep up with the rest of the world(especially the US and Europe). Dude was double dipping every month it seems lol. Online tournaments in the US went virtually ignored by the top US players except Knuckledu I think who won maybe 1 or 2.

I hate to go there but I wonder if there was a collective effort by the Brazilians to get one of there own out there. This is probably out of line for me to say that but it's hard not to think it when I've watched their tournaments and they seem to have a decent size pool of very good players. So it's just hard to believe that one guy can dominate that much.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
tumblr_ndofrcPbWg1slig2vo1_400.gif

urge to Vita rising

FSLink

Banned
GGs FSLink. The lag was great for a while, butthose last two matches were drivong me up the wall. Plus the battlefield stage counterpick. :p

Also, I had no idea Megaman's j.A had so much knockback. Crazy.

Yeah not enough people use Megaman's nair. It's a great spacing tool. Using Ness was fun too, since I don't usually use him against Bowser (tend to use Robin, Little Mac, or someone instead since Bowser's fire breath is annoying as Ness). The double PK thunder recovery came in handy but it's not so online friendly lol. It looks like on the third or so time Ness's PK Thunder 2 doesn't auto grab the ledge too.

Yeah not enough people use Megaman's nair. It's a great spacing tool. Using Ness was fun too, since I don't usually use him against Bowser (tend to use Robin, Little Mac, or someone instead since Bowser's fire breath is annoying as Ness). The double PK thunder recovery came in handy but it's not so online friendly lol. It looks like on the third or so time Ness's PK Thunder 2 doesn't auto grab the ledge too.
There was that one match where I screwed up my recovery, but you chased me down anyway. After getting hit by two PKT2s, I survived and you died. It was one of the most fancy things I have ever seen. It was like you sacrificed yourself for me.

Also, Ness' heal rocks Fire Breath. You can usually recover like 10% from a small stream.

FSLink

Banned
There was that one match where I screwed up my recovery, but you chased me down anyway. After getting hit by two PKT2s, I survived and you died. It was one of the most fancy things I have ever seen. It was like you sacrificed yourself for me.

Also, Ness' heal rocks Fire Breath. You can usually recover like 10% from a small stream.
Yeah I was trying to be fancy, tried to finish it with a dair after that crazy exchange but you ended up Up Bing through it lol. In retrospect nair might have been a better choice.

It does but it's not the safest thing to use. The wind hitbox still puts me in range for Bowser's ftilt up close I believe. I would probably prefer PSI Shield custom 3/Lucas' PSI Magnet since it has a hitbox at the end that people forget about. I also tried batting the fire breath a few times, it looks hella janky lol.

Yeah I was trying to be fancy, tried to finish it with a dair after that crazy exchange but you ended up Up Bing through it lol. In retrospect nair might have been a better choice.

It does but it's not the safest thing to use. The wind hitbox still puts me in range for Bowser's ftilt up close I believe. I would probably prefer PSI Shield custom 3/Lucas' PSI Magnet since it has a hitbox at the end that people forget about. I also tried batting the fire breath a few times, it looks hella janky lol.
I think you actually hit the breath back at me once. That was a first for me...

I need to find some high level Bowser play. I feel like I need more tech.

FSLink

Banned
The bat is tons better for reflecting now. I still love reflecting Elthunder/Arcthunder/Thorons against Robins.

Have you tried messing around with any of his customs? I think the default set is great for Bowser but for certain matchups the others could be useful.

Rainy

Banned
Does anyone know what the top 8s for the Mexican tournament were? I only know that pretty much the entire BBCP top 8 was my local scene, and I think Wolf got into Marvel top 8. Other than that I have no idea.

I've actually been looking all over for a stream or results but can't find anything..

The bat is tons better for reflecting now. I still love reflecting Elthunder/Arcthunder/Thorons against Robins.

Have you tried messing around with any of his customs? I think the default set is great for Bowser but for certain matchups the others could be useful.
Yeah, Bowser has good customs, but some keep away characters get really good stuff, and Bowser doesn't get much to help with that. I prefer to play with default moves.

I've actually been looking all over for a stream or results but can't find anything..

I only have a photo of the BBCP bracket up until top 8 although due to the local scene's Whatsapp chat group I know who won, but nothing for the other games.

I was gonna try asking the people that are there through Facebook but I don't see any online at this hour.

Unlucky

Does anyone know what the top 8s for the Mexican tournament were? I only know that pretty much the entire BBCP top 8 was my local scene, and I think Wolf got into Marvel top 8. Other than that I have no idea.

Thunderstruck Marvel Top 8

Winners
TA|Gio vs VT|Dizzy
EM|Pony vs EM|Hecrob

Losers
TA|Wolf vs TT|Chosto Fire
VT|Folken vs Bn4|Beny

info via Team Asteroides

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Do you have a PS3 as well now to be able to stream that?
do you need one? it's on psnow.
Wouldn't the streaming lag make playing VF (or any fighting game, really) over PSNow unplayable? Having online lag (at best) in an offline environment doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.
From the feedback here, sounds like the lag fluctuates from PS3 level to worse than PS3, but is generally manageable. "punishing unsafe moves is possible." If you really have to stream it to play it, though, this loses a lot of appeal. just wanna VF on the go :<

Laconic

Banned

Laconic

Banned
Only one more month before I will play it. :)

...just because my O.G. XL is going to be obsolete, come first or second quarter next year, doesn't mean that I want to take him out back and shoot him.

El Sabroso

man is being a pain in the ass streaming in this event, so unstable Internet right now, this hotel should stop giving free Internet to anyone seriously couldn't get any good quality from this, I also am recording all matches from stream, so I can get the matches in good quality for Youtube at least.

Street Fighter is so delayed they are going to finish the pools and get the top 8 today, I will record and stream the top 8 from that game so expect to watch Ricky on stream late.

Final results for Topanga B league

1. Sako
2. SantarouMan
3. Pugera
4. Nemo
5. Tokido
6. Ninomae
7. Nishikin
8. Sasaki
9. Akutagawa
10. Itabashi
11. Mochi
12. Aoki
13. Yossan
14. Mago-San :(
15. Koji KOG
16. Ooitajin

OceanBlue

Final results for Topanga B league

1. Sako
2. SantarouMan
3. Pugera
4. Nemo
5. Tokido
6. Ninomae
7. Nishikin
8. Sasaki
9. Akutagawa
10. Itabashi
11. Mochi
12. Aoki
13. Yossan
14. Mago-San :(
15. Koji KOG
16. Ooitajin

Wow, Santarou pulled himself from 5th to 2nd. I didn't expect Tokido to lose both of his matches today lol. I'm actually really curious to see how Tokido vs. YHC-Mochi went. Well, there are a lot of matches I wish I could watch. :(

Wow, Santarou pulled himself from 5th to 2nd. I didn't expect Tokido to lose both of his matches today lol. I'm actually really curious to see how Tokido vs. YHC-Mochi went. Well, there are a lot of matches I wish I could watch. :(

Can't wait until Twitch enters Japan and does a

snoop-crushed-buildings-o.gif

on Nico Nico so regular ninjas like me can watch these top tier street fighter matches

Any of you guys have recommendations on where to use my last golden hammer in panel 3? Right now I'm thinking Classic on 9.0 intensity or the home run challenge of 3280 feet or more (I have no fucking clue how I'm gonna get that) since the rest of them seem rather manageable in comparison

Any of you guys have recommendations on where to use my last golden hammer in panel 3? Right now I'm thinking Classic on 9.0 intensity or the home run challenge of 3280 feet or more (I have no fucking clue how I'm gonna get that) since the rest of them seem rather manageable in comparison
Just use it last.

Also, those are both really easy to do. YouTube Ganondorf home run Smash.

Beats

If you want to cheese Classic on 9.0 equip the Critical Hitter Badge (reward for 300 KOs in Smash on second challenge board), another attack+ badge, and one defense badge. Or you can just stack attack if you aren't worried about getting hit.

Home Run challenge is easy with Ganondorf apparently. I haven't done it yet, but my brother did it in a couple of tries.

kirblar

Wong almost made her look viable, upon release.

But even Sako's insane skills could only carry a flaming bag of dog poo so far before the bottom falls out.
Or, she's actually a good character, and she happened to run into one of the actual top tier characters (Gief) in the game.

If you want to cheese Classic on 9.0 equip the Critical Hitter Badge (reward for 300 KOs in Smash on second challenge board), another attack+ badge, and one defense badge. Or you can just stack attack if you aren't worried about getting hit.

Home Run challenge is easy with Ganondorf apparently. I haven't done it yet, but my brother did it in a couple of tries.

I actually tried out something I read about elsewhere, that was with Ganondorf where you use two forward smashes, a bunch of F-tilts, and then a turn around warlock punch

I got close to 6000 I think

Astarte

You can't hammer the 9.0 :V

Top Bottom