• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 13-19 | The World Ends Ryu

mbpm1

Sako didn't 15-0 topanga Be League

=(

Also tried out smash at a friend's house, finally.

ZSS so good. Dive kick, fireball, good buttons, mix in long ass throw whenever you feel like it.

I already quit Destiny. Didn't play it at all this week, feels good. Still get a slight twinge to start it up but then I go grind fighting games some more and forget about it.

Sayad

ZSS is the best. <3

Just tried Sonic and his jump not being affected by his momentum is the most annoying thing in the game so far. It just feels wrong!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I got to level 10 in Destiny then sold it back to gamestop for 40 dollars(on the 50 I paid for it)

I can only chase the carrot on the end of the stick for so long before I get my fat ass off the treadmill

That and the actual end game atm(Raids) looked as tedious as everything getting there

xCobalt

I got to level 10 in Destiny then sold it back to gamestop for 40 dollars(on the 50 I paid for it)

I can only chase the carrot on the end of the stick for so long before I get my fat ass off the treadmill

That and the actual end game atm(Raids) looked as tedious as everything getting there

You're probably the only person I've seen who said the raid was tedious. The game without a doubt has its flaws but imo, there's a fair amount of depth involved with the raid. I really wish Bungie implemented more of those mechanics in the 3-man strikes.

Dahbomb

Destiny is very squarely a 7/10 game and I would equate it to Warframe. While Destiny has superior production values, enemies, gun play and graphics... Warframe has better end game, build diversity and more stuff to collect. Only thing is that Warframe is a free game made by a much smaller company with a much smaller budget so its pretty embarassing that Destiny could only manage to make a game as good as that.

After I get to lvl30 I am probably never playing Destiny again. I just want to get the most out of my money before quitting it. They need to do a FFXIV/D3 level reversal on this game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
After I get to lvl30 I am probably never playing Destiny again. I just want to get the most out of my money before quitting it. They need to do a FFXIV/D3 level reversal on this game.

Fuck that. Should have played it closer to launch

I got most of my money back lol

NEO0MJ

Game I was most addicted to this year was Dark Souls 2. I know it got a lot of shit but I still had so much fun with it.

Everyone's jump is like that unfortunately. ._.

Yeah, I really hate it. Even the characters with the worst jump momentum in Melee were faster than what we have in this game.

Warframe has better end game, build diversity and more stuff to collect. Only thing is that Warframe is a free game made by a much smaller company with a much smaller budget so its pretty embarassing that Destiny could only manage to make a game as good as that.

Well the quality of the game is directly related to the amount and quality of the content. Which is to say that Destiny has very little good content. There is no way they spent 5 years creating whatever that Destiny is now, they must have had serious problems during development.

Dahbomb

Well the quality of the game is directly related to the amount and quality of the content. Which is to say that Destiny has very little good content. There is no way they spent 5 years creating whatever that Destiny is now, they must have had serious problems during development.
Or they withheld most of the content in the game for planned DLCs and expansions which are coming very fast.

And the development problems in Destiny are actually well documented by the community. Proof has been shown that the game is not the same as it was when it was first unveiled.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Smash 4 isn't slow at all the ground speed is fairly fast.

Just because you are not launching yourself through the air doesn't make it bad you just have to approach it differently.

Sayad

I never understood this mentality, if you're not enjoying the game, there's only cutting your loss by not wasting more time on it. Not specifically talking about you with Destiny(you might be enjoying it!) but generally when someone says that about a game they don't like.

OceanBlue

damn. murderface tokido...
He can still make it in if he wins this thing:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/10/19/topanga-league-4-b-round-1-streaming-live/
In a change-up from previous seasons, instead of single matches, the league replacement matches will be an offline round-robin with B League fifth and sixth place and 3rd A League eighth place Fuudo and ninth place Dashio. Matches are best of three rounds, best of thirteen games. In the case of a set point tie (6-6), the match goes into deuce. The first player to gain a two-game advantage or reach ten wins claims victory. Two characters are allowed, with mid-match switches allowed every three-game interval for the losing player within that interval.

In the B League fifth place vs. sixth place match and in the A League eighth place vs. ninth place match, the player with the higher rank will start with a one-game advantage. All other matches will be played with an even start.

Anth0ny

I beat the final boss in Destiny.

I have no desire to return to Destiny. There is Bayonetta, Smash Bros and Evil Within to play.

Or they withheld most of the content in the game for planned DLCs and expansions which are coming very fast.

That still wouldn't make up the difference between what Destiny is now and what one would expect from Bungie's past efforts. Even when you consider the levels re-used in Halo and the problems of Halo 2.

And the development problems in Destiny are actually well documented by the community. Proof has been shown that the game is not the same as it was when it was first unveiled.
Sure there are some general rumors related to the staff changes in studio. I just don't want talk specifics since what we know is only a small portion of what went on during the entire development process of the game.

The Light

Destiny is okay. I can only do the same strikes for so long before it gets boring. pvp could be much better than what it is. Supers are too easy to get which leads to spam.
Anyone know how good the netplay is for the MK arcade collection on ps3?

NEO0MJ

Just because you are not launching yourself through the air doesn't make it bad you just have to approach it differently.

I just miss the days when I could cross over half of Final Destination in a single hop.

mbpm1

At the same friend's house as I tried smash out I messed around with a bunch of fighting games I've not had the chance to try before

KI: Whoa, this game is complicated. So much detail in the game itself. Also in the graphics. the jumps feel a little too short for my liking. The combos are pretty hard to play on a pad. Seems cool though

Pocket Fighter: Ridiculous in every sense of the word. But also fun for a few minutes lol

ST: Everything is harder to execute in this game lol. But da damage

P4U2: Speaking of damage, there is way too much of it in this game.

Alpha 1: Weird. This game is weird. Everything feels off-kilter

3S: Played it before for a small amount of time but it was neat to get into again. Max hype even tho we only played it for less than an hour. Ken is so good in this game.

Your enjoyment of Destiny is equal to the amount of people that you play it with. I don't have many people to play strikes with, so it's become more of a bore for me despite still honestly liking the game. It just makes me realize that I want a PS4.
Momentum from the ground not carrying over to the air feels terrible imo. I want my captain falcon swag

Swag doesn't win games. It just makes you look like a tryhard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Destiny gets really good when you crank up the difficulty. Unfortunately, you can't really do that early on because of level penalties so you're stuck with numbskull AI.

Couldn't play more than a half an hour of Warframe. Core combat feels so terrible, level design and movement also feel terrible, only thing it has going for it is the lack of autoaim (autoaim in Destiny is absurdly powerful at times). Destiny's repetitive content is a million times more fun feeling than that game's unique content. I will go back and give that game a shot but only when I've exhausted pretty much everything else to play.

mbpm1

Couldn't play more than a half an hour of Warframe. Core combat feels so terrible, level design and movement also feel terrible, only thing it has going for it is the lack of autoaim (autoaim in Destiny is absurdly powerful at times).

This is exactly what I felt about WF. It was good conceptually but playing it felt awful, sluggish, wrong. Especially coming from ME3 multiplayer.

Rhapsody

Banned
Running and then jumping with Fox in Smash 4 just feels so... ugh. lol He barely even goes anywhere (just try it)

Honestly I don't see the need why they couldn't preserve momentum. Even traditional fighters do this.

It just feels more natural.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is exactly what I felt about WF. It was good conceptually but playing it felt awful, sluggish, wrong. Especially coming from ME3 multiplayer.
Preach, brother. It feels like a soulless, wrong version of ME3's multiplayer. Just feels bad.

I would probably still be playing ME3 multiplayer today if they didn't take 9 months to patch a bug where the game wouldn't boot.

Anth0ny

Your enjoyment of Destiny is equal to the amount of people that you play it with. I don't have many people to play strikes with, so it's become more of a bore for me despite still honestly liking the game. It just makes me realize that I want a PS4.

I have exactly 0 people to play with.

That being said, I don't exactly have the desire to run to place, let little robot friend scan old computer, kill waves of the same enemies over and over, repeat x 100000.... just this time with friends.

kirblar

Next time, I hope people remember that discussions under the pretense of "competitive viability" are really discussions about how different it is from Melee.

Next time, I hope people remember that discussions under the pretense of "competitive viability" are really discussions about how different it is from Melee.

To be fair, Melee or not, jumps losing the entirety of your running momentum is an awful design decision that makes no sense.

kirblar

To be fair, Melee or not, jumps losing the entirety of your running momentum is an awful design decision that makes no sense.
Yeah, agreed. I'm withholding judgment on the game till I can play the Wii U version- everything's just too small/awkward to control on 3DS to bother trying to learn it for me.

NEO0MJ

Yeah imagine if you could only do your walking speed jump in anime fighters, with no ability to speed up using either super jumps or air dashes.

Yeah, agreed. I'm withholding judgment on the game till I can play the Wii U version- everything's just too small/awkward to control on 3DS to bother trying to learn it for me.

That true. No access to a C-stick hurts our ability to use air moves.

Top Bottom