• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

Why does Cammy look like she's still wearing a costume when the others are actually anthropomorphic tho

She's in fox hunting gear, but as always has forgotten to put trousers on.

It is really weird that the rest are actually animal people and she's just got fox ears. I mean, I guess they need to keep her recognisable as Cammy for the crowd that buy DLC for creepy reasons but given the fact that they look like significant modifications - which is a huge amount of work if the costumes are not just "hey look Ryu's wearing this wolf mask like how King wears a tiger mask" - they are going to rightly get called out for being a bit on the creepy side with Cammy.

Then again this is a thing because people who spend too much time on the internet are all too aware of the various creepy fetishes!

NEO0MJ

Personally I think the animal costumes for SF IV has good potential. I just wish Gen wasn't a goat, or that they'd give him more unique looking clothing.

So as I understand it GFWL is gone from PC SF4?

I ask because SF4 is one of the last reasons I even turn on my PS3 anymore. The only other big concern I have is whether or not my PS3 Tournament Edition stick will link right up. I know I'd be able to use that Xbox wrapper or whatever, but KOF13 and Skullgirls link right up with DirectInput controllers. Does SF?

Yeah it fully transferred to steam now. Your stick should work right away, as long as your USB ports support it.

SRuL3Xd.png

shit

Malice215

holy shit! People compare him to F Champ but Leffen is worse

On other news, watching now the rebroadcast of CPT Asia finals from last night and....Daigo doesn't drop E Ryu combos anymore....the beast is back

I'm hoping the beast is back because the CPT finals wouldn't be the same without him. Can't wait for the finals later on.

Rhapsody

Banned
I like how the smash scene will ban a player for being a bully, liar, detriment to the scene etc. but the FGC at large is still cool with certain other things.

Smashers already ban stages, items, and sometimes characters. Banning a player is easy /kappa

But yeah, I don't go to Melee Discussion boards that much on Smashboards nowadays. So reading up on all his stuff on what goes on irl was new and surprising to me. I was expecting something along the lines of internet scumbag, but I got a little more than that.
Definitely, the shit Champ does are mostly game related, he's nowhere near that bad when it comes to the IRL stuff.

There's that whole FG House thing and Dacidbro. But that's the only irl stuff I know for Champ.

Sayad

There's that whole FG House thing and Dacidbro. But that's the only irl stuff I know for Champ.
Well, as I said, mostly game related. There's also the lies he try to spread about other players whenever he's on the mic and the drama with that Bison player(can't remember his name, he bring a Hatsune Miku figure with him to tourneys if I remember currently).

Sayad

I'm hoping the beast is back because the CPT finals wouldn't be the same without him. Can't wait for the finals later on.
Does Daigo have a chance of making it by points if he end up second? I think at least second is pretty much guaranteed for him right now.

Malice215

I like how the smash scene will ban a player for being a bully, liar, detriment to the scene etc. but the FGC at large is still cool with certain other things.

There's things that will get you banned from FGC events, and players have been banned from events because of their conduct, but there's no overall governing body that will ban someone for overall bad behavior or just being a dick.

I can see why they would ban him because the new Smash is about to drop on console and they don't want bad apples spoiling the bunch.

Lemstar

There's things that will get you banned from FGC events, and players have been banned from events because of their conduct, but there's no overall governing body that will ban someone for overall bad behavior or just being a dick.

I can see why they would ban him because the new Smash is about to drop on console and they don't want bad apples spoiling the bunch.
The ban was almost two years ago.

Yeah off the top of my head I can think of 3 people who got banned in my area for theft. The thing is the scenes for the various games don't overlap much so once in a while you hear about how one of them showed up under another name and pulled the same shit and no one there even knew who they were at the time.

I don't think the last time would have made as much noise if it wasn't Ryan Hart whose his stick had been stolen.

We really needed the Zhi creeper attempts again lol

Even without the dumb/offensive shit his commentary is horrendous in the first place.

Some of those reasons for banning that Smash player are super lame. He tells players they're bad, makes excuses when he loses and is critical of teammates? Who cares? I don't know the situation but those particular reasons aren't compelling and shouldn't be evidence a player needs to be banned.

Top Bottom