• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 29 - Oct 5 | 4th place wins a cake

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, you know who Bayonetta is, but don't know Link or Princess Peach when you see them.

:rolleyes:
I think it's entirely possible. I mean what if she's very unfamiliar with video games and when they first started dating he presented Bayonetta to her as the highest achievement in this art.

kirblar

Until you set her custom move builds up and see that she's more anime than a combination of Millia Rage, Dormammu and Shiki Ryougi.
I remember hearing at some point in the previews that she had restrictions with her custom moves and online play. Did that not end up being the case?

Rhapsody

Banned
Man, I wish Capcom put Fate/Unlimited Codes on PS3 for the anime, sort of like what they did for JJBA.

Plus I want those PSP costumes included in a port as well.

Stuneseht

I dont know if this was mentioned before; but the Bradyguides USF4 frame data app was updated with individual hitbox pictures(along with the frame data of course).
The UI is still something to be desired; but it is a nice update none the less.

TheBesteban

Neo Member
I dont know if this was mentioned before; but the Bradyguides USF4 frame data app was updated with individual hitbox pictures(along with the frame data of course).
The UI is still something to be desired; but it is a nice update none the less.

Is the frame data accurate? I know there were some issues when it first released.

JDdelphin

I think it's entirely possible. I mean what if she's very unfamiliar with video games and when they first started dating he presented Bayonetta to her as the highest achievement in this art.

"Oh hey it's that game character you asked me to dress up as for your birthday present. Bayonetta!"

Rhapsody

Banned
Weird. Apparently this happens during several moves; Meta Knight's fair, Mega Man's bair, Greninja's uair. Must be something with how the move is supposed to keep you in that gets confused when it ends early. Looks like something that would be fun to try and learn, hopefully it doesn't get patched out.

Ah, I see. I only knew about Greninja's uair, had no idea the other moves did the same. Guess it's not intentional.

kirblar

EH transalation via Famitsu about the decision to go w/ Omega Mode:http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/sep/28/capcoms-tomoaki-ayano-why-omega-edition-not-being-developed-brand-new-street-fighter-game-bonus-mode-ultra-street-fighter-4/
"As we continue to develop and refine the Street Fighter series, we feel that there's probably a group of people out there who think that the improvements and changes are getting increasingly narrow-minded and dull," Ayano told Famitsu.

"So we've been thinking about how we could break away from that narrow-mindedness. And as we were doing that we realized that this time around, rather than implement all these vastly different changes as part of a new installment of the series, we could instead debut the changes as a mode within Ultra Street Fighter 4's Edition Select, and observe how all the players would react to that."
Definitely sounds like they're trying to avoid "making changes for change's sake" w/ USF4 by doing that w/ Omega mode, which bodes well for future updates.

CPS2

I can't wait for omega mode. Such a good idea. I mean its similar to what Arc have been doing forever but yeah. This is kindof a good time to have some new stuff to mess with since SF4 is pretty old, its almost like getting a new game.

EH transalation via Famitsu about the decision to go w/ Omega Mode:http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/sep/28/capcoms-tomoaki-ayano-why-omega-edition-not-being-developed-brand-new-street-fighter-game-bonus-mode-ultra-street-fighter-4/

Definitely sounds like they're trying to avoid "making changes for change's sake" w/ USF4 by doing that w/ Omega mode, which bodes well for future updates.

You know, instead of wasting time creating new moves for the Gouken, Akuma, Evil Ryu, and Oni. They should just unleash the boss characters on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Z4byMpoUM&list=UUho4Y836FhdZxl8t-qbWZGQ

Totally fair, especially Boss Evil Ryu.

Kumubou

Man, I wish Capcom put Fate/Unlimited Codes on PS3 for the anime, sort of like what they did for JJBA.

Plus I want those PSP costumes included in a port as well.
Oh man, I kind of want to see this just to see people rage at the game online. Some of the cheapest shit you'll ever see this side of UMvC3. This game is actually kind of a good history lesson regarding some of the design decisions made in MvC3 and UMvC3. However, if this happened they would either need to use the AC/PS2 balancing (PSP balance changes were wack) or go with something different (and that would probably take a few revisions to get right, which I can't see them committing to).

I think the real issue is that the game was originally developed in RenderWare, which is probably way more effort to port to another platform at this point than it would warrant. The solution here would be to make a completely new game, of course!!! :V (The salt from Marvel fans alone would be worth it.) But this would involve Capcom actually making games, which doesn't happen in this day and age. I'm pretty sure Konami is on pace to publish just as many games as Capcom is in 2015, which is just fucked up.

Malice215

is that stage inspired by soul calibur?

That's what I thought when I first saw that stage. Wouldn't surprise me since Namco worked on the game.

It's probably because of word of mouth. I recall players from Japan playing at NEC two years ago.

NEC is a big draw for Anime, and there will be a bunch of anime games out when NEC rolls around.

I hope she comes through because people thirsty outchea.

jbug617

Banned
Who's Nagi?

she cosplays and she likes anime games. i think she hosts events also

Byr72IbCcAAqklb.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
she cosplays and she likes anime games. i think she hosts events also

[IM]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byr72IbCcAAqklb.jg[/IMG]

Oh. Cool

International players coming to US events is cool no matter who it is.

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh man, I kind of want to see this just to see people rage at the game online. Some of the cheapest shit you'll ever see this side of UMvC3. This game is actually kind of a good history lesson regarding some of the design decisions made in MvC3 and UMvC3. However, if this happened they would either need to use the AC/PS2 balancing (PSP balance changes were wack) or go with something different (and that would probably take a few revisions to get right, which I can't see them committing to).

I think the real issue is that the game was originally developed in RenderWare, which is probably way more effort to port to another platform at this point than it would warrant. The solution here would be to make a completely new game, of course!!! :V (The salt from Marvel fans alone would be worth it.) But this would involve Capcom actually making games, which doesn't happen in this day and age. I'm pretty sure Konami is on pace to publish just as many games as Capcom is in 2015, which is just fucked up.

I suppose that's true. Seems a lot harder to port compared to CPS2 and 3 titles.

A remake would be glorious (and they can give me a Saber in a suit alt while they're at it).

I really wish Capcom was one of those companies that wouldn't mind making fighters with other IPs again. It was always fun seeing them mess with whatever ideas they could.

Edit: And yes, I would not want the PSP "balance". That was awful, even disregarding the input changes.

Top Bottom