• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 29 - Oct 5 | 4th place wins a cake

WarRock

Oh man, I kind of want to see this just to see people rage at the game online. Some of the cheapest shit you'll ever see this side of UMvC3. This game is actually kind of a good history lesson regarding some of the design decisions made in MvC3 and UMvC3. However, if this happened they would either need to use the AC/PS2 balancing (PSP balance changes were wack) or go with something different (and that would probably take a few revisions to get right, which I can't see them committing to).

I think the real issue is that the game was originally developed in RenderWare, which is probably way more effort to port to another platform at this point than it would warrant. The solution here would be to make a completely new game, of course!!! :V (The salt from Marvel fans alone would be worth it.) But this would involve Capcom actually making games, which doesn't happen in this day and age. I'm pretty sure Konami is on pace to publish just as many games as Capcom is in 2015, which is just fucked up.
Just port Crucis Fatal/Fake instead!

this gif reminds me of SNK backgrounds

tumblr_ncevklHCPf1rnxn7co1_r1_500.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think a lot of non gamers think that little green boy is zelda and not link.

I'll admit it.. I've never played a single zelda of any kind. I had no clue that little midget was actually link until the first super smash bros.

why westernheretic, why?!

A friend linked me this of Smash 4 Sheik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMgLUiPJvhc

Its on like Donkey Kong.

Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

notworksafe

Crossposting from the AOF thread:
Just posting to let everyone know we raised $6000 for March of Dimes and Save Babies Through Screening!

I want to thank everyone who entered, watched, tweeted, and donated for helping us give to families and children dealing with Congenital Heart Defects.

The FGC is the best!

Stay tuned for next year!

Just wanted to give an extra shoutout for everyone in FGC-Gaf who watched and donated and for #gafranbats crew for their support as well. :D

petghost

Banned
i always see fate/stay night vids from a-cho and it looks dope. wish i had access to it.

combos seem to go on forever though and i see a hell of a lot of archer/assassin.

Mr. X

i always see fate/stay night vids from a-cho and it looks dope. wish i had access to it.

combos seem to go on forever though and i see a hell of a lot of archer/assassin.

It's definitely 1 or 2 touches and you win if you can execute.

Rhapsody

Banned

Sometimes a-cho just shows casuals and not an actual tournament, so you might be seeing the same few players.

Archer's actually a really good character. Assassin's pretty weak though. He can do some really cool and long combos though, but the execution's pretty brutal.

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone know of a good Eddie beginner's guide outside Guilty Bits?

I think it's entirely possible. I mean what if she's very unfamiliar with video games and when they first started dating he presented Bayonetta to her as the highest achievement in this art.

I'm both chuckling and weeping.

I'm cheeping.

petghost

Banned
Anyone know of a good Eddie beginner's guide outside Guilty Bits?

i dont play eddie but i know some basics...so if anyone else has better advice pls go for it.

you could try these vids out, they show the stick as well as a combo. its AC and the combos arent great or anything but the toughest thing about learning eddie basics is just getting used to the negative edge stuff so i think just learning something like this would help you get comfortable. once you get used to it its not a big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjOjz2AKLts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_p447RYvSA

i think the most easy UB setup to learn would be KD into summon > shadow D > EX skills > shadow K > air combo.

you want the shadow d projectile to hit the instant EX skills hits, then shadow k catches them out of the air.

Kimosabae

Banned
i dont play eddie but i know some basics...so if anyone else has better advice pls go for it.

you could try these vids out, they show the stick as well as a combo. its AC and the combos arent great or anything but the toughest thing about learning eddie basics is just getting used to the negative edge stuff so i think just learning something like this would help you get comfortable. once you get used to it its not a big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjOjz2AKLts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_p447RYvSA

i think the most easy UB setup to learn would be KD into summon > shadow D > EX skills > shadow K > air combo.

you want the shadow d projectile to hit the instant EX skills hits, then shadow k catches them out of the air.

bless! i'll check these in the morning.

I mean I grew up playing fighting games too and sparring a lot in martial arts but you gotta have that Nintendo magic in yo life son. It'll make you a better man.

Played Mario Bros 3, Mario Kart, and DK on the Super Nes as well. Then I played Mario Kart also on the N64. Final Fantasy X. Dynasty Warriors, GTA and Madden on PS2. That's about it for non fighting games up until like PS3.

Obviously more diverse now as an adult, but still have never touch a single Zelda, Metriod, Halo, COD, Megaman (hides), Resident Evil, DMC (don't kill me Dahbomb I did buy the newest one but I haven't even played it yet....) Bayonetta, God Of War, Assassins Creed, Dark Souls basically I played like maybe 10% of the blockbuster everyone has played.

Sayad

Played Mario Bros 3, Mario Kart, and DK on the Super Nes as well. Then I played Mario Kart also on the N64. Final Fantasy X. Dynasty Warriors, GTA and Madden on PS2. That's about it for non fighting games up until like PS3.

Obviously more diverse now as an adult, but still have never touch a single Zelda, Metriod, Halo, COD, Megaman (hides), Resident Evil, DMC (don't kill me Dahbomb I did buy the newest one but I haven't even played it yet....) Bayonetta, God Of War, Assassins Creed, Dark Souls basically I played like maybe 10% of the blockbuster everyone has played.
This is interesting, I'm the opposite over here, used to play everything up until uni, then it turn to fighting games plus one or two other games a year. Though I'm back to playing more games now, it's no where near the amount of games I used to play as kid/teen.

And you should be playing DMC4 or 3, not the new one to really please Dahbomb. ;p

alstein

It could be worse: I could be talking about what a theoretical magical girl fighting game would be like.
No Punie, no sale.

When's IaMP?

Steam's got something that looks like a Magical Girl Smash coming out soon called Magical Battle Festa. Has anyone played that?

And yeah, Amane cosplay girl would be high up in things I'd develop a thrist for, even if she'd destroy me at fighting games.

I think a lot of non gamers think that little green boy is zelda and not link.

I'll admit it.. I've never played a single zelda of any kind. I had no clue that little midget was actually link until the first super smash bros.

Haha. Nex you're gonna be telling me that in Metroid you don't play as someone called Metroid. Pfft.

A friend linked me this of Smash 4 Sheik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMgLUiPJvhc

Vectoring up might stop it?

Wow those textures suck.

Top Bottom