• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 9-15 | Nothing happened

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Believe.

Mb1hRQu.png
Sweet, was looking forward to seeing them bring Monster Hunter SMART to Vita! Now it's a shoe in!

*goes to sleep*

Beckx

GGXrd in 2014 for PS4 and I can use Vita TV to send the signal to whatever TV in the house I want?

Sold.

aw now TOs have to buy both next-gen consoles because of Killer Instinct and GGXrd being exclusives?

better start laundering more money from players! Injustice at 2am!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Xrd will be on PS3 too.

I figure MS might moneyhat the larger tournaments with consoles if they're serious about KI having a tournament presence. I'm not sure if TOs are gonna invest in new consoles just for one game that may or may not stick around the scene in a significant way for long.

I wonder how well the game will perform on the PS3 in terms of framerates and whatnot. If something like marvel has slowdown on PS3 I can't imagine how awful of a time GGXrd will have, especially considering it's Unreal engine.

Pretty sure Brawl will have more signups than Killer Instinct at any given tournament.

What about all the millions of new Jago players coming out of the woodwork to participate in their first tournament?

kirblar

I suspect the PS3 version will cut back hard on the 3D effects- perhaps actually just going to a 2.5D game without the camera movements.

gutabo

Hella late here:
you can focus grab with Abel O_O!?

didn't know abel could focus kara grab

He can armor cancel the first hit of his EX CoD. Some examples in video form here.

Also after ages I played again Guilty Gear. It was just AC+ and it was kinda hard because back in the day I only played the series up to Isuka but what a great game it still is. I can confirm that SF4 can mess up your execution, besides being very rusty I was having issues doing DPs and supers. It also felt so weird for two reasons: it's an old game(felt to me like playing mvc2 or cvs2) and seems like it has a good reputation now. Back to my cave I go!

alstein

People will only play KI3 at MLG for those checks.

MLG is a better idea, because I really don't think the general FGC will go for KI.

That said, I'll be at TFC this weekend, if I can, I'll give a chance so I see if my suspicions of it not being good are true.

Beesuit

MLG won't want KI3, unless M$ or Double Helix throw wads and wads of money at them. Either that or KI3 establishes a large enough fanbase to attract MLG in the first place.
There is no way MLG will be building the scene for KI3 from the ground up. Their business model skips that process entirely and instead they just go straight for the fat cow's milk. They wouldn't be switching games out for the next best thing all the time otherwise.

if MS wanted KI to be competitively prominent and send a couple of checks MLG's way, I'm sure we'll see the game at many MLGs to come, though I think Sony's been the more consistent sponsor with the COD games at MLG. Publisher/developer "subsidies" are much more consistent and lucrative for MLG, I think.

Now that I think about it, do a lot of tournaments just not have PS3s? There haven't been any exclusive titles this gen and almost all the games run better on 360s, so how many tourneys own enough PS3s to run GGXrd when that hits?

Mr. X

There haven't been any exclusive titles this gen and almost all the games run better on 360s

ONLY MvC3 and SF4 run better on 360.

Every other game is equal or better on PS3.

Exclusive fighters on PS3
T5DR
Arcana Heart 3
Chaos Code
Soon BBCP
Soon Aquapazza
Soon UNiB

There's also Tekken Rev, and there's no info is 360 will get the +R patch for GGXXAC.

T5DR being the reason why TOs went with PS3 in the first place.

This Capcom Country, those other games are dead here.

Azure J

Enzo, what's the color scheme on Iron Man for this time?

Yeah, I'm definitely shaping up to go full Xrd whenever it drops. Just confirm Jam or Baiken and it goes from a 99% assured to the full 100.

I also like how this thread title gets used right before more info drops.

MLG won't want KI3, unless M$ or Double Helix throw wads and wads of money at them. Either that or KI3 establishes a large enough fanbase to attract MLG in the first place.
There is no way MLG will be building the scene for KI3 from the ground up. Their business model skips that process entirely and instead they just go straight for the fat cow's milk. They wouldn't be switching games out for the next best thing all the time otherwise.

M$? Are you 12?

Busaiku

ONLY MvC3 and SF4 run better on 360.

Every other game is equal or better on PS3.

Exclusive fighters on PS3 = T5DR, AH3, Chaos Code, soon BBCP. There's also Tekken Rev, and there's no info is 360 will get the +R patch for GGXXAC. T5DR being the reason why TOs went with PS3 in the first place.

Any other exclusive is ignorable, this is Capcom Country.

Aquapazza is PS3 console exclusive too!

Fuck the PS3 version of Xrd.

I'm already pissed about having to watch the worse looking version on stream because cheap asses aren't being forced to upgrade.

Top Bottom