• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 9-15 | Nothing happened

jbug617

Banned
There is no reason for EVO or tournaments to move to next gen yet. If people want to run KI all they need to do is supply their own Xbox One just like Smash supplied the Gamecubes.

Busaiku

Guilty Gear Xrd being on PS3 is great for TOs.
I remember guys like Koogy really hoping for a PS3 version over a PS4 game.

I thought being a PS3 only game would hurt it in the long, like Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, but being crossgen alleviates all that.

Super smart for Arc System Works.

Guilty Gear Xrd being on PS3 is great for TOs.
I remember guys like Koogy really hoping for a PS3 version over a PS4 game.

I thought being a PS3 only game would hurt it in the long, like Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, but being crossgen alleviates all that.

Super smart for Arc System Works.

This is exactly what I expected them to do. Arc is used to cross gen. Hell, Blazblue CS2 came out on Vita, 3DS and even PSP because there was still a market for it in Japan.

phaonaut

Ah, wasn't sure if you guys pre-dated or post-dated your threads. Carry on!

PS - Your avatar is incredible.

PPS - Is there somewhere/someone who I can contact to give info on TFC for the first post?

Enzo_gt

edit: Unless you mean for a dedicated thread, then whoever volunteers.

Enordash

There is no reason for EVO or tournaments to move to next gen yet. If people want to run KI all they need to do is supply their own Xbox One just like Smash supplied the Gamecubes.

Do you think people will be as willing to do this? I'm going to assume that the Xbox One can't take the beating a Gamecube can and it's bound to get beat around in travel. The Gamecube is one of the most rugged consoles ever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

PPS - Is there somewhere/someone who I can contact to give info on TFC for the first post?
Me. PM me or just post it here. Generally we keep it brief in OP, but TFC will have it's own thread with more info so the more the merrier.

Enzo_gt

edit: Unless you mean for a dedicated thread, then whoever volunteers.
Yeah probably better to just post it here for whoever will end up doing the TFC thread.

Horseress

I "beech-fied" my avatar for VxG (with a little help from enzo), but it looks so awesome that I just keep it there. And yeah, talk to enzo_gt about the first post on the TFC thread

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Nothing happened? But....but....but TFC!
I'm driving up to Raleigh on Friday morning. :3

Do you think people will be as willing to do this? I'm going to assume that the Xbox One can't take the beating a Gamecube can and it's bound to get beat around in travel. The Gamecube is one of the most rugged consoles ever.
People are generally willing to bring set-ups to tournaments all the time. The question is whether or not majors of EVO's caliber would want to run the risk of relying on volunteered equipment for an official tournament. It's not exactly the smartest move to hold sign-ups for an internationally prestigious tournament months in advance only to have everything fall through at the last minute because the guy who was supposed to provide set-ups ended up flaking.

I'm driving up to Raleigh on Friday morning. :3

People are generally willing to bring set-ups to tournaments all the time. The question is whether or not majors of EVO's caliber would want to run the risk of relying on volunteered equipment for an official tournament. It's not exactly the smartest move to hold sign-ups for an internationally prestigious tournament months in advance only to have everything fall through at the last minute because the guy who was supposed to provide set-ups ended up flaking.

which is what happened for melee at evo

Malice215

It's good that GGXrd is also coming out on the PS3 for the people who aren't ready to drop $400+ on a new system.

As for KI, the good thing is that the restrictions are no longer in place which would have prevented tournaments for the game from happening, but the people who do want to run tournaments for it will have to provide their own consoles. It's going to be a while before we see major tournaments dropping cash on new systems.

Infinite

It's good that GGXrd is also coming out on the PS3 for the people who aren't ready to drop $400+ on a new system.

As for KI, the good thing is that the restrictions are no longer in place which would have prevented tournaments for the game from happening, but the people who do want to run tournaments for it will have to provide their own consoles. It's going to be a while before we see major tournaments dropping cash on new systems.

MLG is

TOs should court the platform holders' community relations people. Play up the publicity of donated consoles as a mutual benefit for them both. Remember Evo 2007 when Sony gave them all the PS3s to run Tekken 5 DR and VF5?

kirblar

That's like every fighting game not called Street Fighter, Vs, and Tekken
Nah, it's specifically the "dark age" games- (essentially the 3s era) where the lack of (good) home console ports and decline of the arcade scene combined to just destroy accessibility to FGs that were coming out.

Infinite

Nah, it's specifically the "dark age" games- (essentially the 3s era) where the lack of (good) home console ports and decline of the arcade scene combined to just destroy accessibility to FGs that were coming out.

It was moreso arcsys being the only company to make 2D fighting games during that stretch as well as the Dreamcast/Arcades death and decline. but there's a ton a fighting game to be released before than that people don't know shit about now. A lot of people didn't know Terry Bogard was in a game called fatal fury etc

Rog just said, "I'm not top 5 in marvel. The top marvel players are ChrisG, Flocker, Justin, and Filipino Champ."

He didn't name a fifth player, and I think that's pretty apt since after those four is a pretty big drop to the next tier of players.

Dahbomb

Rog just said, "I'm not top 5 in marvel. The top marvel players are ChrisG, Flocker, Justin, and Filipino Champ."

He didn't name a fifth player, and I think that's pretty apt since after those four is a pretty big drop to the next tier of players.
He's being humble.

He's #5 if you want to include a top 5 but that top 4 is definitely official. After #5 we have MM mode Nemo and casual set sitting at home Yipes.

He's being humble.

He's #5 if you want to include a top 5 but that top 4 is definitely official. After #5 we have MM mode Nemo and casual set sitting at home Yipes.

Sure. If I had to pick a 5th right now, it would be Rog. But there's Nemo and Yipes like you said who are also contenders for that spot, and RayRay and Moons are in that ballpark.

Unlucky

Maybe he did it so some other players won't feel slighted. They can all think they were the unmentioned fifth. I've used the same tactic in similar situations.

Then again, maybe I'm giving PR Rog too much credit, and he just can't count.

Shouta

Let me guess. The gems that make this possible are DLC.

This specific combo, yeah.

These RnK guys are known for some crazy ones without them. A bunch has been posted in the SFxT thread but are seriously some cool things you can do with Cross Assault.

Maybe he did it so some other players won't feel slighted. They can all think they were the unmentioned fifth. I've used the same tactic in similar situations.

Then again, maybe I'm giving PR Rog too much credit, and he just can't count.

I think he's just acknowledging that those are the four elite players right now.

Top Bottom