• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEO 16 Featuring Kenny Omega & Xavier Woods(06/24-06/26)

I'm gonna go with my original theory and that after Ono and Capcom got the backlash at the NYCC With no Alex reveal they scrambled and started making him sooner than expected. He wasn't supposed to be first most likely.

premature releases to satisfy a minority and being worse off for it is like the entire story of this game lol

Tripon

So with CEO done, these threads are going to take a break for a while. There will be tournaments, but I'm going to be busy with moving and stuff. So I'll probably just drop stream links in this thread and the Fighting Games Headquarters thread in community. I'll likely restart the Fighting Tournament Weekend threads after EVO.

Next week is Sonic Boom, an European CPT ranking event.

In Two weeks, G League (Chinese CPT premier tournament), but little info has been posted in there, including if its going to be on Twitch or Douyu.

And in three weeks, EVO 2016 is happening, which Kadey will handle.

Thank you for allowing me to make these threads for you.

joe2187

Banned
Thos Ibuki Alt costumes are pretty shit. (ewww sandals)

Jeans, shirt and sneakers combo from the last game was legit

and they need to make this mod an official costume already

FHQjelo.jpg

mbpm1

So with CEO done, these threads are going to take a break for a while. There will be tournaments, but I'm going to be busy with moving and stuff. So I'll probably just drop stream links in this thread and the Fighting Games Headquarters thread in community. I'll likely restart the Fighting Tournament Weekend threads after EVO.

In Two weeks, G League (Chinese CPT premier tournament), but little info has been posted in there, including if its going to be on Twitch or Douyu.

Godspeed Tripon

Rajang

And thank you for making these threads for us.

Raiku

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Xeteh

GL with the move and stuff!

Wallach

good shit dude, thanks for all the threads

MrCarter

Thanks for the threads man. BTW, do you know the overall peak viewing figure for SFV on twitch? Missed the grand finals.

Man i am soo happy for tokido. He deserved that win. On the other news Daigo is still washed.
just kidding fanboys.He played great today.Proved me wrong.

Rocwell

Holy shit what and amazing tournament. Saturday and Sunday couldn't have been any better for me. Really happy to see Tokido take it, that guy deserves it BibleThump.

So glad Capcom finally did a trailer the right way how the fans have been begging them all this time.

I rewatched the Daigo/Tokido match. In the final round the combo that Tokido landed to stun Daigo only happened because Daigo woke up with HP DP instead of MP DP and it got stuffed by a meaty st. MP and we know the rest of the story. Basically that's exactly how he lost to Lupe Fiasco during the exhibition. Which is a pretty funny coincidence.

Had he done MP DP then he would have tied it up(or almost) and probably never gotten stunned. Maybe he would have won. Or maybe nothing changes and Tokido still wins and goes on to beat Infil in the grand finals. But I couldn't help it but notice that Daigo used the wrong DP again in such a crucial moment. I still think he intentionally used the wrong DP against Lupe, but this does make me second guess that.

Oh my God.
I just got back from CEO a couple hours ago. I really didn't expect it to be this incredible.
The SFV top 8 was legendary. Practically the entire audience was freaking out over all of the pixel-close finishes. It was absolutely insane.

Rocwell

man i dunno what tokido did but he broke down infiltration hard
grats to him
AU7Amsc.gif
He played it way differently in the 2nd/3rd set compared to when Infil sent Tokido to losers. I don't want to say he sandbagged, which would be insane because he had to run through Daigo, Momochi, and Haitani in losers, but I definitely think he was holding some things back and taking notes on Infiltration. He did the work and beat his demon, it was incredibly satisfying to watch.

Syntsui

As someone who stopped playing for a while, that Tokido play sparked my interest back. With the July update this is the best time to come back to the game.

There were official restreams for Japanese and French (and more?) and Floe was a partner, too. So yes, they did.
lol.

cj_iwakura

Seeing SFV during all those pools really sold me on it. The game looks fantastic, and it's high on my list whenever I get a PS4.

Seeing SFV during all those pools really sold me on it. The game looks fantastic, and it's high on my list whenever I get a PS4.
Should be a much more improved game by the time you pick it up...GAF has a pretty solid community of players of all skill levels. Welcome buddy!

Top Bottom