• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Dreamhack Summer, APEX, LTC, Wiz World SAC, GG Rev invit

Even in Zangief best match up he still sucks. What was Capcom thinking and with Guile shitty moveset?

So...no credit to Itazan for being godlike?

Xian's FANG beat Eita's Ken at Stuffiest. Does that mean Ken sucks?

ISDD Guile was literally a pixel away from beating Tonpi, who used top tier Chun.

Chris G has been on a tear in recent tourneys with Guile.

What Capcom was thinking is that people would take time and learn the character.

not many people here watching dreamhack, eh?

~30k watching on twitch. I guess those folks just aren't GAF users.

Nice adjustment by Daigo to take that set. I think Ryan made a comeback in each of the first 3 rounds that he took. Daigo finally had enough of that and maintained his dominance at the beginning of these rounds to the end to move on to the next round.

Props to Ryan for taking out Momochi though. I don't think Daigo could have. I think he has a easier path to winners finals now lol.

So...no credit to Itazan for being godlike?

Xian's FANG beat Eita's Ken at Stuffiest. Does that mean Ken sucks?

ISDD Guile was literally a pixel away from beating Tonpi, who used top tier Chun.

Chris G has been on a tear in recent tourneys with Guile.

What Capcom was thinking is that people would take time and learn the character.

It's people underestimating too much. Deejay is an awful character but that didn't stop people from getting wins with him in 4.

Guile can't really do much in midscreen with his only combo is jab jab flash kick and his Sonic Boom recovery being slower. He's only good at being aggressive in the corner. Zangief has his Cr.jab but he can't confirm anything off it because how much it pushes people away.

My boy Daigo has a long way still. Phenom should use Necalli. Don't think Daigo has ever looked comfortable playing Necalli in tournament. He looked free to Gamerbee and Haitani.

la_briola

JP > SEA > EUR > NA
bounty-wag.gif

EUR > JP > SEA > NA

Kappa.png

Shito

I don't get why people are so salty about this tournament format.
See yesterday's pools as the qualifiers for today's 32 people proper tournament, instead of focusing on that "that guy already lost once yesterday"...

EDIT: that Tokido OS is sweet.

Tripon

Just because Gunslinger gonna write something about SFV is a dead game and declining viewership numbers, it's about 32,000 spread over 5 different language channels.

Hex

Banned
Tokido with that Cero Miedo clutchness

Just because Gunslinger gonna write something about SFV is a dead game and declining viewership numbers, it's about 32,000 spread over 5 different language channels.

But remember, he doesn't hate the game....

Daigo vs Haitani now. I'm rooting for you Daigo, but I don't exactly have too much faith in you. Please come through though, get that run back with Phenom and take out Fuudo in GF(yeah I'm calling it now that Fuudo is in GF).

EDIT: Dang, that was too free for Haitani. I think that's the 2nd time he has 3-0'd Daigo in convincing fashion at a Premier Event. Back to the drawing board for the Beast I suppose. I still had some blind faith in Daigo winning this, but that has vanished now. I think Fuudo will definitely take this tourney.

Dang, Tokido basically showing Daigo how it's done. It hurts to say that though. Who would have ever thought that Tokido would have a far better Ryu than Daigo when SFV came out.

Tokido is just too good. To me I think there are about 8 players who look far above everyone and most of the time will only lose to those inside that top 8.

Top Bottom