• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Norcal Regionals CEO Dreamland Hypespotting 04/14-04/16

Kashiwaba

Was Punk or Du at the tournament? The top Japanese players came to NCR and lost to these kids. They have been laying down the beat downs for a while now. Hell, Du is the Capcom Cup champ..and yet again he is in a grand final.

Gonna be interesting how Japan and the rest of the world hit back in future events.

Ya you can argue Du and punk are on a different level.

NastyBook

EWmof.gif
PUNK DA GAWD
p0QHO.gif

Unlucky

I wonder what the Japanese think of Punk's antics. Are they amused, or is it considered horribly unsportsmanlike and rude, from the point of view of their culture?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I wonder what the Japanese think of Punk's antics. Are they amused, or is it considered horribly unsportsmanlike and rude, from the point of view of their culture?

They don't care. They invited him to drinks like yesterday. He was sitting with Daigo and Haitiani etc.

Wow, we're really going to see Punk in Capcom Cup.

Honestly, who the hell was Punk before he beat Justin at the NA CPT Finals? I had heard of him as a online player, but never heard of him being a regular at tournaments let alone placing high at Majors. Now he's probably the best player in the world 6 months later? Besides "unknown Asian player" who was probably god like the whole time and never had the chance to show it off, I don't think anybody has ever risen this quickly.

mbpm1

Honestly, who the hell was Punk before he beat Justin at the NA CPT Finals? I had heard of him as a online player, but never heard of him being a regular at tournaments let alone placing high at Majors. Now he's probably the best player in the world 6 months later? Besides "unknown Asian player" who was probably god like the whole time and never had the chance to show it off, I don't think anybody has ever risen this quickly.

He improved very quickly

He was on ultrachentv recently with lud, who's alright but not great.

Lud said he could beat him at locals last year without much effort. Now he can't touch him, period.

Punk's around to stay.

jman2050

Youth is a hell of a drug.

Tripon

We're done for this week. Next week is only ELEAGUE, and in two weeks is Dreamhack Austin, which got upgraded to a CPT Premier event this year. (Last year it was only a ranking event).

Kashiwaba

So did anyone check the peak number of viewers? I think it was 48~50K ish I guess not bad considering the time it's already 2am in the East coast here and way too late/early in the rest of the world.

Yeah, what an amazing rise by Punk. He just dusted the man Nuckledu in two sets. No doubt he is one of the best in the world now.

Infiltration, AFAIK, came out of nowhere to get third at EVO in '10. That's maybe the most comparable case.

Top Bottom