• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

KanColle will destroy us all.

image4tf1b.jpg

kewlmyc

Now I "only" want a Ultimate Madoka and I'll be fine with all the previous figures I've missed.

She's surprisinly easy to obtain compared to most of the other "high in demand" figures. Plus she's a beaut, enjoy.

Be forewarned though, she comes with so many sharp points, it's a huge pain (literally) to put her together.

Ultimadrago

Glad I'm not into Boat Girls. Shimakaze was tempting a while back, but totally not worth it. Maybe the anime will change my mind, but I doubt it. I'm not going down the road of ordering figures of source material I barely know (did that for Tharja and Shiro). Shiro payed off as I ended up getting into the anime, but I still haven't played FE:A because I'm not a fan of SRPGs.

Your current avatar reminds me of another figure on my window shop list!

I'll admit, I was tempted, Nanami. I was tempted.

As for Fire Emblem: Awakening, I was always safe since a Nowi scale was never made.

I also admit I watched No Game, No Life after seeing the Shiro figure :( Even though the quality of the actual anime is in question (still kind of fun though); Shiro's personality (and Crunchyroll) sold her like a veteran car salesman. Too dangerous a game.

Yaari

She's surprisinly easy to obtain compared to most of the other "high in demand" figures. Plus she's a beaut, enjoy.

Be forewarned though, she comes with so many sharp points, it's a huge pain (literally) to put her together.

Yeah I need to figure out what would be an acceptable price. I'm guessing I don't want to import one, but the one site I know in Europe that sells her new, has her for 210EUR. That's a little much I'm thinking.

I saw someone on Amazon sell it but his shop had shit reviews, and I would not be the least surprised if he sends me some bootleg.

kewlmyc

Your current avatar reminds me of another figure on my window shop list!

I'll admit, I was tempted, Nanami. I was tempted.

As for Fire Emblem: Awakening, I was always safe since a Nowi scale was never made.

I also admit I watched No Game, No Life after seeing the figure. Even though the quality of the actual anime is in question, Shiro (and Crunchyroll) sold herself like a veteran car salesman. Too dangerous a game.

I ordered Shiro off CrunchyRoll as well. Hopefully the box isn't beat up as I've seen some Crunchyroll shipping horror stories before.

As for DanganRonpa, I have Nanami ordered and so should you. You probably will if you ever play DanganRonpa 2. She's a great character. Also I would pay top dollar for an Ibuki figure (the chick in my current avatar). She's my favorite girl in the whole series.

EsHL5HM.png

omlet

And once you purchase one, that will all be that's needed...
Right. If I ever purchase one, that's all I'll need.

Not more.

Just the one.

Just the Shimakaze.

Just the GSC Shimakaze.

Just the GSC Shimakaze with that great smirk.

Er.

I haven't cracked yet. I swear.

I'm not sure how anyone can so "no" to Max Factory's Wo-Class, though. She's so unique.

Unique, definitely. And very well sculpted, no denying. But a little too weird looking for me to get hype, I guess. I feel like I'd have to find a good same-sized figure of Alien to put beside her. lol

Now I "only" want a Ultimate Madoka and I'll be fine with all the previous figures I've missed.

You won't regret picking her up.

Still bitter. Please get that salt away from my wounds.

cajunator

Banned
I ordered Shiro off CrunchyRoll as well. Hopefully the box isn't beat up as I've seen some Crunchyroll shipping horror stories before.

As for DanganRonpa, I have Nanami ordered and so should you. You probably will if you ever play DanganRonpa 2. She's a great character. Also I would pay top dollar for an Ibuki figure (the chick in my current avatar). She's my favorite girl in the whole series.

EsHL5HM.png

OMG I love her design!

meijiko

Oh god I have PTSD from putting her together. My hands were destroyed. Took me close to an hour just getting her out of her box (this was before I knew the nail-clippers method of getting rid of those nasty twisted cords), and then proceeded to get stabbed by her shoes and hair repeatedly while trying to put her wings in.

kierwynn

I've decided to really start getting my myfigurecollection thing up to date. I made it like 5 months ago but hadn't really updated it. I'm slowly adding my current collection and am hoping to keep it more up to date. I just started this figure collecting thing casually, only getting ones I super like and it's just quickly gotten worse. rip money

Oh god I have PTSD from putting her together. My hands were destroyed. Took me close to an hour just getting her out of her box (this was before I knew the nail-clippers method of getting rid of those nasty twisted cords), and then proceeded to get stabbed by her shoes and hair repeatedly while trying to put her wings in.

There is one wing I have yet to successfully put into her shoe. :( She's now in her box since I have been moving around a lot, but once I settle down I dread putting her back together. (especially that one stupid wing!)

new DR pick-ups. Nanami is a lot smaller than expected. I always forget how small this scale was.

Oooh, that Nanami! I have that and the middle box (already have the right one) waiting for me when I get home this weekend! Can't wait to open them (and my DC elf figure!) up!

I know people are hating on it but there is a huge world of action figures outside of the high-end stuff most people here buy... I wish there was more appreciation for other figures here on GAF but it all gets brushed aside.

While I did not buy this, I saw it at Target where they had two pegs of these new Nintendo figures. This link is actually pretty nice and it's only, iirc, 6.99. This is awesome because it means kids can have a link action figure, which is not something that has always been easy to find for that age group. You see tons of mario stuff around but not a lot of zelda stuff.

Jaks also has a 6" Donkey Kong and 6" Bowser that is releasing with this wave (with iirc between 7 and 9 points of articulation). If you are trying to fill out your Smash Bros roster and need some other characters to go with your figma and SHF stuff, they aren't bad stand-ins for only 14.99

I have most of the "high end" stuff including the Figma and RAH for $200(which I don't even know why I bought it.) but my interest really comes from the scale, price point and selection.
We will probably get a Zelda and Ganon long before a Figma version
A decent Link and Epona for only $15.
Ganon in beast form $20
Ridley would easily be made for the $15 Bowser line.
A scale Arwing for StarFox would at most cost $25.
Hell Samus' ship fullsized would be $50 max.

Bombless

So I went to mom's house today with a box in tow. The result? A lot of squeeeing and a new centerpiece in her collection. Apologies for the phone pics.

I also took her through the WonFest and other figures related news that happened during her holiday. She clicked the preorder button for Sepang Racing Miku harder than the fist of an angry god. She missed the Racing Miku nendo and wants me to track her down after her release.

With the amount of Dangan Ronpa stuff coming out you'll think 2 was getting an anime...
Makes me think I should order the NISA Europe CE for 2, probably the only one that I will order from them, that and maybe Fairy Fencer F, but need to check out that one more...

I have a [NSFW] pre-owned figure on order from AmiAmi (hey, she's the only MegaHouse Tsukasa Bullet figure I don't have), and I'm debating whether to have it shipped now, or just bundle it with my monthly order.

Below is my August order, but I know two of those are getting delayed.

Amazon
Kyoko Kirigiri
Sansei Muramasa
Asuka Q

What say you guys?

I think Amazon makes her date so, if you can wait, I'd say just bundle them. Nice looking figure by the way. How much did she run you?

3.4k before shipping.

Amazon's date is also the last business day of the month, I'm told. So it doesn't seem likely that's going to happen. I mean, I hope it does. I want all my Dragon's Crown ladies immediately.

Vlaphor

Alright. Been out of the figure game for awhile, but came back hard after reading this thread. Just got the last of my figures in today and took a small group photo (had to take it in a hurry, so it's not the best picture).

6ScqKVw.jpg
(There's a catsuit meiko in the back as well)

Vanessa was $120 after shipping

Angel and Mary were $20 each plus shipping

Meiko on the left was $78 after shipping, Catsuit Meiko was around $100 after shipping

Viletta Nu Emotion Style was was about $77 after shipping.

I may have spent a bit more than I should (around $430, which I didn't realize until now), and I do want to cut back for awhile....but I'm also going to an Anime convention tomorrow (Motaku), so who knows.

With the amount of Dangan Ronpa stuff coming out you'll think 2 was getting an anime...
Makes me think I should order the NISA Europe CE for 2, probably the only one that I will order from them, that and maybe Fairy Fencer F, but need to check out that one more...

I'm kinda surprised it hasn't been announced yet, lol

It only makes sense with all the Danganronpa 2 merchandise coming out when the anime is airing not after it.

You poor soul and your prices. Though it is probably the only way you can get it since the NA NISA store is sold out.

LiK

Looks cool, but I've heard too much iffy stuff about Gecco to pay that much for one of their figures. Might wait till Union Creative's Raiden since it'll be way cheaper.

what have you heard? i own their SH statues and they're pretty awesome.

chrono01

I have a [NSFW] pre-owned figure on order from AmiAmi (hey, she's the only MegaHouse Tsukasa Bullet figure I don't have), and I'm debating whether to have it shipped now, or just bundle it with my monthly order.

Below is my August order, but I know two of those are getting delayed.

Amazon
Kyoko Kirigiri
Sansei Muramasa
Asuka Q

What say you guys?
Kyoko and Asuka are pretty much guaranteed to be delayed. Sansei...is possible. Amazon should make her release date.

I'd say if you can wait, wait. You'd save a bit of money, unless you're super-anxious to receive your Tsukasa Bullet.

Also, congrats on your grail purchase, Einbroch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom