• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doombear

Well so far Good Smile has left my hype alone, but in the last few years the Monster Hunter Nendos tend to get announced closer to September/October so... perhaps closer to the MH4G release we will see something. Not counting the Frontier Anniversary receptionist since that is a bit out of the norm. Hoping that they do indeed announce another pair of figures though, and that they are good sets. Would love to see a Brachydios or Narga Nendo.

Also, any further news on that Dark Souls bonfire from a week back? Was anything more known about what that was exactly? I know it appeared to be more of a Figma sized bonfire, but Dark Souls Nendoroids would be... something special.

meijiko

tumblr_n9zil0UdBl1qzdctco1_500.jpg

Garage kit. :(

Well so far Good Smile has left my hype alone, but in the last few years the Monster Hunter Nendos tend to get announced closer to September/October so... perhaps closer to the MH4G release we will see something. Not counting the Frontier Anniversary receptionist since that is a bit out of the norm. Hoping that they do indeed announce another pair of figures though, and that they are good sets. Would love to see a Brachydios or Narga Nendo.

Also, any further news on that Dark Souls bonfire from a week back? Was anything more known about what that was exactly? I know it appeared to be more of a Figma sized bonfire, but Dark Souls Nendoroids would be... something special.

Hmm as much as I can't get into the series (not for lack of trying) I wouldn't mind buying a Nendo of the Knight

When you got a Figma coming why settle for Revoltech =P, especially when the Figma is impressively accurate in comparison to Revotech's stylised Snake XD:

Ask honestly who would you choose XD?

Why not both?
I bought the Revolmini because its MGS1 Snake and soon will have GZ Boss, Venom Snake and Gray Fox to go with it.

Figma will be way better but it is MGS2 Snake which has been done well twice already
Also I doubt we get anyone else past the generic Gurlukovich solder.

Max Factory, releasing a figure without a single delay?

It will be worth the wait, though. Of that, I am confident.

I imagine there's going to be a delay. I was just thinking about it because Psychic is my only November figure. I'm not adding anything else, though. Because my August and September are pretty full, and I know some of those delays are going to carry over to the following months. My October only has Shiro and the Batgirl reissue, so I'm in good shape. December is apocalyptic, though.

chrono01

I imagine there's going to be a delay. I was just thinking about it because Psychic is my only November figure. I'm not adding anything else, though. Because my August and September are pretty full, and I know some of those delays are going to carry over to the following months. My October only has Shiro and the Batgirl reissue, so I'm in good shape. December is apocalyptic, though.
November is a light month for me too. All I have are:

"Rakuen no Otome" Sugie Sun w/Wall Scroll [Skytube]
Psychic [Max Factory]

That's assuming nothing is delayed from this month or the next into November, of course.

December, while not having the largest amount of pre-orders, will be brutal on the expense of those released. Devil Homura and Saotome Maria w/ Bath Tub/Cleaning Cloth alone will kill me, then I have Asmodeus - Bunny Ver. and a possible Satsuki pre-order [depending on how Ryuko turns out] to think about. :/

At least Beelzebub is paid for!

chrono01

Don't worry, I'm sure several things will be.
I'm sure there will. >_<

Oh, I've been debating whether I should cancel my pre-order of Shiro or not. I still love her as a character, but considering there's no plans [at least, that we know of] for a Sora to accompany her, I'm a bit hesitant as to whether I should go ahead with her purchase. Given how inseparable they are in the source material, it would seem odd to display one without the other. Of course I could just view it as a nice figure and nothing else, but when you know the story behind them that can be difficult. She is a lot of money too, more than I would like to pay for a simple [although well-designed] figure.

Honestly, we probably have a better chance of getting a Jibril than a Sora. As amazing as Jibril is, that still depresses me.

Danferno

Picked up Erza Scarlet from Tsume-Art this week, she's very detailed like most of their figures :)

Here's an unboxing where I show everything, usually do that for the figures I buy.

Woo! Another Fairy Tail fan! I'm very happy with mine. Talk about delays though. Was it last November it was supposed to come out? Thought about getting their Natsu and Gray figures as well.

Yaari

How can you consider cancelling Shiro, shame on you. I hope they release more characters soon. It is bound to happen with Shiro's popularity during the pre-order window right?

chrono01

ipZlNxLZYZ4N.gif

...As his cursor hovers over the "Add To Cart" button.

I used to think you were cool.

How can you consider cancelling Shiro, shame on you. I hope they release more characters soon. It is bound to happen with Shiro's popularity during the pre-order window right?
Fine. FINE!

I'll keep the pre-order.

*grumble grumble*

Much more likely than a Sora figure. But then, you never know. Kotobukiya seems to have been making their fair share of dude-figs, too.

Shoot them an email, Chrono. Koto listens to their fans.
Yeah, I think I might do that. As much as I enjoy female figures, males need some representation too!

I am totally into Doctor Who right now and I made a little search but I couldn't really find a good Tardis.. well "figure" besides a nice cookie tin. Does anyone know if something like that even already exist? I could imagine a Tardis where you open the door and can swap out the different interiors, sound effects or even an AR-feature.

Tried searching for you but nothing like that, seems like most of the ones out tend to have a gimmick. Closes was probably this, which is sold out: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ICR10008&mode=retail
ICR10008.jpg

Which was $699.99 D=, then again only 800 was made. Could probably make your own one if you have the skills and free time =P, seems like quite a number of people make replicas from my googling XD So guess you'll have to make due with the cookie tin =P

Why is there a chocolate TARDIS in FigureGAF?

Haha was hoping to help him find a Tardis statue or something, it was the closest I found, which is surprising lol. With the amount the BBC whores out Doctor Who merchandises there were rarely a Tardis which was just a figure, so many gimmick Tardis though XD

chrono01

this is why we get bad loot

then again i own an iron man figure so maybe i'm part of the problem too
I'm pretty sure we get bad loot because of the time I repeatedly trashed the Allagan Gloves of Casting in First Coil since I "didn't need them", only until I did and the game refused to give me more.

I hurt its feelings, and will forever be punished with NO loot. ;_;

Your chance to take a stand and you blew it. For shame.
I have little willpower, it seems.

These people are bad influences!

I, for one, am happy whenever a fellow Gaffer saves their money!
I can see through your lies. You just want an extra Shiro for yourself. I see how it is!

After all, what's better than one Shiro? That's right. Two Shiro.

My Alter Kanna arrived!!

only had her for few minutes but she looks amazing. The quality is fantastic. It seems it doesn't really have any defects (my other A/B used that came with Kanna had some problems)

also the box is really pretty. Best figure box I have seen so far.

How much was she? I absolutely LOVE Ano Natsu De Matteru. That figure looks stunning *O*

meijiko

Shame on you guys, giving chrono a hard time. Shiro is cute, but the figure isn't that spectacular, especially not for that price.

In other news, I'm gonna snag these:
tumblr_n9xok8G21c1qzdctco1_500.jpg

I'm hoping they're a bit cheaper than Miku was, since I know they're probably going to be released at the same time. Pls FREEing give us Kaito prototype soon kthx.

Luigi87

Shame on you guys, giving chrono a hard time. Shiro is cute, but the figure isn't that spectacular, especially not for that price.

I'm hoping they're a bit cheaper than Miku was, since I know they're probably going to be released at the same time. Pls FREEing give us Kaito prototype soon kthx.

... *goes to order the Miku*
That's it, if I'm ever gonna actually collect a full set of figures, it may as well be the Senbonzakura line of Vocaloids.

Ken

i spy a butt

tee hee

Bombless

Meijiko laying down the cold hard Truth.

Not too fond of the Senbonzakura costumes. If they make Meiko though....resisting will be complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom