• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Im getting nervous about Sakura. Mom still didnt see the package anywhere so Ill check again this morning.
granted the missed delivery slip didnt have tracking # and I do have that number in an email so hopefully I get her today.

bigkrev

My collection of Nendos grows 0_0

Been sitting in it's box for a week because I've been busy with work, but glad to add Link to my collection
B4J2zhwCIAEVHSo.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That was me.

I actually had her pre-ordered but cancelled her a while back [mostly due to the onslaught of October]. She turned out great, which gives me even more hope for their Saotome Maria.

You canceled her? I guess I'm the only one that kept my pre-order then.

I was put off by the slightly less detailed hair in production pics, but Susie Sun otherwise looks great.

Meyneth

I have a feeling that regular scissor sized scissor blades might be held up in customs, given that they look like, you know, a scissor blade as opposed to a letter opener.
I've ordered scissor sized blade things before so I never really thought about it. The only thing Canada post has given me trouble with is aerosols (which I understand). They're cool with the glass bottles that my ink comes in too.
The letter openers came in a little box (as did the other blade things) so I don't think it was too harrowing for customs?

omlet

Yep, just got approved for their QuickSilver card. Seems nice, 1.5% cash back is better than my current card.

Yep, I started using the same thing earlier this year. Pretty happy with it.

So after saying I had no figures lined up for December, I'm suddenly contemplating about $200 worth of nendos. Someone stop me.

omlet

So I refreshed my watch list about half an hour ago on amiami.

Just now I tried to add two nendos from there to my cart, one in-stock (not preowned) and one preorder.

Both sold out.

It's a sign. I shouldn't get nendos. I shouldn't stray.

chrono01

You canceled her? I guess I'm the only one that kept my pre-order then.

I was put off by the slightly less detailed hair in production pics, but Susie Sun otherwise looks great.
I did.

I still like her, I just felt like I needed to cut back a bit on my pre-orders and she was the first to go. She still looks amazing, though.

What's the harm of one more Nendo?
Because it's never just "one Nendo".

Never.

omlet

Just picked up a couple nicely priced preowneds from Amiami.

A/B Nendoroid - Yukiko Amagi 2480

B+/B Infinite Stratos - Laura Bodewig Maid Ver. 1/8 5850

Darn you cajun.

I also preoredered Amatsukaze nendo. I feel like I have lost now.

johnsmith

remember me
(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:C)Persona 3 Fes - Mitsuru Kirijo 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
8,640 yen
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=HOB-FIG-8164
This usually goes for 12K+ on mandarake. I prefer Koto's version though.

(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)High Priestess - Anime Persona 4: Chie Satonaka 1/8 Complete Figure [Megatre Shop, Premium Bandai Exclusive](Released)
8%OFF 9,180 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-8818
Easily the best of the Megahouse Persona figures, and a must have for those that love Chie. She's exclusive, so she'll never go cheaper than this.

cajunator

Banned

Darn you cajun.

Dude that Laura maid figure...
Oh my God.

Neo Dark

Darn you cajun.

Is the whole A/B and B+/B the quality you would estimate it at?
Sorry still a bit new to the figures stuff

I managed to win a spot in today's KanColle lottery earlier, not bad for my first try! I don't know if it's such a good idea to be playing the game though, lest it further my desire for more ship girls in figure/nendo form...

iCbAAyph4Bxtt.jpg

The enabling is strong!

Railyn

Neo Member
Watching you all with the KanColle craze has been amusing. I'll admit, the only one I've been extremely tempted to pick up is GSC's Wo-Class...

I'll be watching the anime and seeing how well I'll hold up.

Settin

Watching you all with the KanColle craze has been amusing. I'll admit, the only one I've been extremely tempted to pick up is GSC's Wo-Class...

I'll be watching the anime and seeing how well I'll hold up.
Boat girl time is best FigureGAF time.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, has there been news on the new Snow Miku yet? Been checking around and even Good Smile's site hasn't listed it yet.

Railyn

Neo Member
Too bad they don't make enough Male ones I care about...

I'm trapped between, I REALLY wish they made more male nendos so I can own them...and being glad that they don't exist so I don't end up with a room/house full of them.

I managed to win a spot in today's KanColle lottery earlier, not bad for my first try! I don't know if it's such a good idea to be playing the game though, lest it further my desire for more ship girls in figure/nendo form...

Yeah. Playing the game, you're likely to see a dozen or two boat girls that make you say "I hope they make a figure out of her!"

Finally got my Shiro figure delivered today. Was surprisingly fast for EMS (was only like 2-3 days) and for once USPS actually tried delivering it instead of putting the slip in the mailbox and leaving.

Haven't opened it up yet, but it seems the hair painting issues I noticed on some screenshots on MFC aren't present in mine, thankfully.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The last snow miku didn't come up for preorder until February. So probably not until then?

Ah ok, I can wait then :)

Already waiting on 2 AmiAmi packages making their way slowly to me. I want my Nendos, and I put the blame on slow shipping from Black Friday goods/Christmas stuffs >_>

Got my November order today. Hahahahaha, the box for Kotobukiya's 1/6 Batman is amazeballs huge. It took up half the shipping box. Poor Astaroth and Nendo Renge probably had their faces squished up against Batman-crotch the entire trip.

omlet

So my A/B Kyoko Kirigiri finally arrived today (registered SAL so it took like 3 weeks). First figure by these guys. I really like the figure overall (great base and pose) but unfortunately mine came with some paint defects on the right lapel and left boot.

I know a few of you guys got this figure; Did I just get unlucky or did yours have some minor issues like this, too? Looks fine from a few feet away but very obvious when looking up close.

I actually don't even mind the boot that much, it kind of gives it character (heck, maybe it's even intentional?), but that lapel D:

Edit: Also, she was like the easiest figure ever to setup. I was surprised because I remember reading comments about people having a hard time with her hair or the desk peg. /shrug

cajunator

Banned
So my A/B Kyoko Kirigiri finally arrived today (registered SAL so it took like 3 weeks). First figure by these guys. I really like the figure overall (great base and pose) but unfortunately mine came with some paint defects on the right lapel and left boot.

I know a few of you guys got this figure; Did I just get unlucky or did yours have some minor issues like this, too? Looks fine from a few feet away but very obvious when looking up close.

I actually don't even mind the boot that much, it kind of gives it character (heck, maybe it's even intentional?), but that lapel D:

It looks like her boot got scuffed. Mine doesnt look like that. Actually I dont think mine had any defects.

what do you mean by lapel?

I almost thought about getting the Kirigiri figure, but then she looked at me and said: no. I'm the only one you need.

And by "she", I mean her:

Off topic: I found a new Elsa picture that I really wanted to use as my avatar, but then people will judge me even more than what they do right now. And before somebody asks for a link, it is kinda NSFW.

EDIT 2: I don't know why, but I thought this would be the only place that I could put this off topic, you guys seem more open minded than most threads.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I can hit you via PM if you really want it, but it really is NSFW. I was wrong saying that it is "kinda".

EDIT: How do I know that? My father just walked in while I was looking at the picture and gave me this face:

YyfC9Va.gif

WIpeZ9b.gif

Pm me...

Edit:

*gets pm*

nAQCyyK.gif

Crop it and use it, my avatar is the face of a half naked demon woman, so the judgey mcjudge people can jump off a bridge...

well wheres mah PM

Sorry, sent it.

Crop it and use it, my avatar is the face of a half naked demon woman, so the judgey mcjudge people can jump off a bridge...

Yeah, I understand. But then if I ever posted in one topic about women or something like that I would be endlessly quoted like HawthorneKitty and his (lovely, by the way) Tharja avatar.
Yes, I know that this sounds silly, but I feel bad sometimes when people judge me via the internet, it is a stupid thing to do but I can't help myself. That is one reason why I post so calm and collected most of the time, I'm not really like this actually, I'm kind of a dirty bastard really.

And that picture is just a close up of her face, there is a complete version with the full body, but I didn't found a high-res enough version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom