• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impotaku

Spent quite a few hours today tracking down my little cup noodle robot friend, because they were competition prizes it made them a lot harder to get hold of, in the end i had to resort to yahoo auctions but i managed to get a totally new one. The collector in me would love the other 4 models they released but the older ones are quite expensive.

Least i have one of them now, just have to wait for him to arrive for all my noodle timing needs hehe.

Transformers, cup noodle in disguise. Cup noodle it's more than meets the eye LOL
e0294563_10563012.jpg

Oh dont worry, its a stunning figure, the shimmering hair is awesome.

Yeah, I loved that the first time I saw it.

Just bought Super Metroid on the Wii U to play when she arrives. I'll show her what a good Metroid game used to be. Pictures will be taken and posted here.

Arclaid

Spent quite a few hours today tracking down my little cup noodle robot friend, because they were competition prizes it made them a lot harder to get hold of, in the end i had to resort to yahoo auctions but i managed to get a totally new one. The collector in me would love the other 4 models they released but the older ones are quite expensive.

Least i have one of them now, just have to wait for him to arrive for all my noodle timing needs hehe.

Transformers, cup noodle in disguise. Cup noodle it's more than meets the eye LOL
e0294563_10563012.jpg

Haha! I love the box it comes in.

Yeah, I loved that the first time I saw it.

Just bought Super Metroid on the Wii U to play when she arrives. I'll show her what a good Metroid game used to be. Pictures will be taken and posted here.
Hahaha. Yeah the only good thing Other M gave us was an actual good figure for Samus, instead of the terribad super expensive First Four Figures version. Ugh.

That thing was like $200 and looked like a shitty Star Wars action figure.

Which I guess describes most "western" figures IMO. I guess anime faces really help out haha.

I usually go out with my friends/parents and there is a store in the mall that I go that has some figures. The prices are absurd and the quality is terrible, they look like cheap knock offs and cost more than most of my figures combined.

Once I was there with my father and he said: "Hey, look! Some figures like yours." I then said to him, in a playful mood "Dad, if you ever saw me buying something bad looking like these ones you can smack me hard in the head".

He also surprised me when, in the middle of all the western figures (Alien, Predator, Avengers, Terminator, etc), he asked me: "Do you think my favorite character is here?" I said "Uh, I think so", then he told me "No, silly. My favorite is Mario, and he isn't here." I was like, what the fuck, my father likes Mario? Easy to find gifts from now till the end of time. Before anybody asks, yeah I don't know my father that much.

Einbroch

Banned
? Is she sold out on AmiAmi or something? Can't check at work.

She vanished from AmiAmi. Not a sold out, not nothing. Her old page is just gone. It was weird, but apparently:

They said if you've already made an order, the order will still be fulfilled, they are just no longer selling her and had to pull the order page.

It was a licensing issue.

omlet

He also surprised me when, in the middle of all the western figures (Alien, Predator, Avengers, Terminator, etc), he asked me: "Do you think my favorite character is here?" I said "Uh, I think so.", then he told me "No, you silly son. My favorite is Mario, and he isn't here." I was like, what the fuck, my father likes Mario? Easy to find gifts from now till the end of time. Before anybody asks, yeah I don't know my father that much.

Must be nice. I just get the "more mail order girlfriends? smh" treatment from my dad, heh.

? Is she sold out on AmiAmi or something? Can't check at work.

Licensing rights or whatever. Good Smile doesn't have enough pull to get Disney to let them sell it here like they did for Nintendo and Lucina, lol

I know I ended up ordering her from BiJ after I found out AmiAmi pull their page down.

Maybe it's because AmiAmi seems to be the biggest figure selling website.

It might be cause AmiAmi does have a Japanese site and a global site. Elsa's still up on their Japanese site.

They probably also get them direct from Good Smile, so that might be a thing too.

Neo Dark

e0294563_10563012.jpg

Wow. Does it shoot lasers and defend your house from invaders? Lol
Nice find though

Giolon

e0294563_10563012.jpg

Wow, I want one of these!

Impotaku

Wow. Does it shoot lasers and defend your house from invaders? Lol
Nice find though

It's special power is letting you know when your noodles are cooked and ready to eat, he has quite the routine to keep you amused for 3 mins, i will see if it has a house defence mode when it finally turns up at my house.

I love the fact Nissin just created something like this as a prize for 10,000 lucky winners you just had to send in proof of purchase to enter into the draw, then again Nissin also made a fully working mini replica noodle vending machine as a prize a few yeas ago. Over here in the uk you'd be lucky to get a keyring or something lol.

Here's a video of the routine it does, it's pretty fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76r6wR2qXRU

Giolon

Tharja needs no justification

I just realized I never gave Tharja a full photo shoot. Maybe I'll do that this weekend with my new lights. There didn't seem to be much interest in photos of older (even if popular) figures around here when I took new Zero Suit Samus out for photo tests last weekend.

I just realized I never gave Tharja a full photo shoot. Maybe I'll do that this weekend with my new lights. There didn't seem to be much interest in photos of older (even if popular) figures around here when I took new Zero Suit Samus out for photo tests last weekend.

I really need to get off my butt and take new figure pictures...this was one of the ones I was happy with that I took of her.

snkfanatic1407804659.jpeg

Impotaku

Just got an email from HLJ seems the figuarts Luigi is in stock so mines on the way, Mario will have to make room for him, time for a cabinet shuffle.

chrono01

I'm surprised to see that Sakura Miku Nendoroid selling out so quickly, they must not have had a lot of her. Regardless, I would have passed anyway, since I already have the previous Sakura Miku Nendoroid and, which the new face is cute [as are the braided hair], it's not quite enough to warrant another purchase.

For those that don't already have a version of her, though, it's an easy recommendation from me.

Neo Dark

She vanished from AmiAmi. Not a sold out, not nothing. Her old page is just gone. It was weird, but apparently:

It was a licensing issue.

That's good to hear. I was wondering about that but just thought they pulled the page due to running out of pre-orders. I ordered her Nov 26 (here in the states so first day they had her) and she'll be my first Japanese import so I'm excited. Don't want to be disappointed lol

I did not just order a nendoroid of Elsa.

What's wrong with ordering her?

Giolon

I just dont get the fascination with her. She doesnt even have cat ears.

It's the creepy stalker personality. I mean in-game she's not even that attractive. Everyone talks about her having the best body though. With that body-stocking outfit, I'm sure everybody's seen just about everything.

I really need to get off my butt and take new figure pictures...this was one of the ones I was happy with that I took of her.

snkfanatic1407804659.jpeg

Nice use of black-and-white.

Neo Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom