• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh didn't notice till now lol,
should've been obvious with the repeated emphasis of made in Japan XD
, this Miku is the first to be made from their newly opened factory in Japan, guess it's a re-release to show their better QC/techniques than their partner factory in China.

kewlmyc

I just woke up and stopped by amiami first thing, saw that figure and thought kewlmyc's gonna be pissed...

Is amiami cheaper, can you cancel the "exclusive" and re-order elsewhere?
Paid for it already from BiJ since you have to pay upfront for exclusives. Now that I've gotten some sleep, it's not really that big of a deal, but I paying a little extra on shipping since I already had a figure ordered for April through AmiAmi and if I had waited, I could have saved some money by ordering Adachi on AmiAmi and having it shipped with my April order.

Oh well, at least it's paid for.

Meyneth

They did. Apparently they didn't have enough.

EDIT: Guys, are Cu-poche figures fine? I saw one Kirino and loved it, but I never bought one of them. You guys helped me with Nendos and Figmas, so I would love to know your opinion.
I have the dark magician girl and madoka quintet cu-poches, I think they're great. The paint is good, the articulation is good, the option selections that come with each cu-poche us pretty good too.
They're like taller more posable nendoroids.
The only problems I know of are that sometimes the glue holding the magnets in the feet fail and the magnet will fall out (glue fixes that though). Also the typical joints being too loose/tight which makes swapping pieces difficult.

As an extra note, cu-poches use the exact same neck joint piece as nendroids. So if yours breaks and you have an extra nendo one lying around you can use that.

The original release didn't come with braids, did it?
I didn't get the first Sakura miku, she was kinda plain. But this one with her little braids is too adorable, I'll definitely be getting this one. She'll be my first regular nendroid miku (all my other mikus are nendo petites) :D

StayDead

Miku Nendo 500th is a cutie of course, but I think I'd be ordering out of a sense of obligation rather than desperately wanting her.

Like BGBW says, 500... damn that's good going. Here's to another 500!

Ordering it, but because I want it. I never got Sakura Miku and DEM BRAIDS *dies*

raven777

o0515056713148563406.jpg

Made in Japan + exclusive + can only purchase 1 + cannot combine order...

lol

StayDead

My order...

qvjSwFL.png

I hope I can change the shipping address before it ships because I'm moving in January and I don't have a new address yet.

Meyneth

Well, just ordered miku but I realized that they also gave a clear preview of the figma horses at the same announcement thing with miku.
Are they making the horses at their Japan location? Maybe that's why they're taking fivever?

I have the dark magician girl and madoka quintet cu-poches, I think they're great. The paint is good, the articulation is good, the option selections that come with each cu-poche us pretty good too.
They're like taller more posable nendoroids.
The only problems I know of are that sometimes the glue holding the magnets in the feet fail and the magnet will fall out (glue fixes that though). Also the typical joints being too loose/tight which makes swapping pieces difficult.

As an extra note, cu-poches use the exact same neck joint piece as nendroids. So if yours breaks and you have an extra nendo one lying around you can use that.

Thanks for the info! It helped me a lot.

Guys, look what I just found nearby. Her spaceship crashed so I'm letting her stay here for a couple of days:

It was either her or Link, but waifus girls are always first.

Meyneth

I gotta pay upfront at GSC?

Ya killin' me, Miku.

Edit: 'Sales Ended' - phew, must of just snuck in.
I'm not sure with the PayPal option, but when you use your credit card they don't charge you until they're ready to start shipping. Which is usually a few weeks before the actual shipping date.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll just sit and hope for more special stands like the 300 ones that come with all nendos are not GSC exclusive.

Not exclusive? Like that will ever happen again.

RMI

Banned
Anyone tempted by the shirts ;P?

I would get the anko team jersey since I ride bikes a lot in the season but dropping that amount of money on a jersey without trying it on first to make sure it's a good fit is terrifying. I'm a little over 6 feet tall and have the impression that it wouldn't be a great fit.

Hm, my recent Mandarake order just shipped and noticed my package was too heavy for SAL Registered lol

So I guess Mandarake was nice enough to not bump me to EMS and went with DHL instead. Never had a package delivered by DHL which means I got to pay extra attention to this now.

"Dear lord,

If you can hear me, please help me stop falling into temptation. I just bought a ZSS figure, and I wish I were stronger, but I couldn't resist. A GAF member showed a mandarake one, and I managed to resist. But then today I saw other one from AmiAmi, and ZSS being one of my mains in Smash, it all came crumbling down.

Help me, please.

Thanks.

Ryo.

PS: If you're still there, can you advise Nintendo on making another Metroid game, pretty please?"

Vito

Banned
What's wrong with it?

Color looks off, but like everyone said, THE FACE. Can anyone try emailing Koto US? I never got an answer back from them when emailing. I'm pissed, first the preorder, 2nd the figure looked really damn nice... this looks like a cheap bootleg.

Einbroch

Banned
Still don't get why people are shitting themselves over her. She's alright.

I would totally get her if she wasn't a gussied up re-release and I didn't have Sakura Miku already.

But yeah. She's literally a pink Winter Miku 2011. She's not very exciting. But she is cute.

"Dear lord,

If you can hear me, please help me stop falling into temptation. I just bought a ZSS figure, and I wish I were stronger, but I couldn't resist. A GAF member showed a mandarake one, and I managed to resist. But then today I saw other one from AmiAmi, and ZSS being one of my mains in Smash, it all came crumbling down.

Help me, please.

Thanks.

Ryo.

PS: If you're still there, can you advise Nintendo on making another Metroid game, pretty please?"
Which one? The Good Smile one is absolutely beautiful. I end up using it to test settings on my camera just because it looks nice haha.

Which one? The Good Smile one is absolutely beautiful. I end up using it to test settings on my camera just because it looks nice haha.

Yes, that one. I always wanted it, but it was always out of stock. Then I saw it today and couldn't resist.

EDIT:
I almost used "she" and "her". Help me, I'm falling down the rabbit hole.

Yes, that one. I always wanted it, but it was always out of stock. Then I saw it today and couldn't resist.

EDIT:
I almost used "she" and "her". Help me, I'm falling down the rabbit hole.
Oh dont worry, its a stunning figure, the shimmering hair is awesome.

cajunator

Banned
I would totally get her if she wasn't a gussied up re-release and I didn't have Sakura Miku already.

But yeah. She's literally a pink Winter Miku 2011. She's not very exciting. But she is cute.

Yeah, when you've got MIku's like Halloween Miku and Snow Miku 2014 it takes a whole lot to impress. The only Miku nendoroid I regret not buying so far is racing miku. At least Im getting the full scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom