• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 30th anniversary event dated January 31

Which Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary announcement did you enjoy most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ray Down

Banned
C0BYkHTUsAQ5jgX.jpg

http://special.member.jp.square-enix.com/finalfantasy/ff30th

Also the date of FF7 20th anniversary.

Won't just be an event for FF7R (though that's will be the big game), expect news and updates on all FF games across consoles and mobile.

dc89

Bring on the goodies!
I would like a FFXII remaster release date and something VII remake related.

raven777

I have decided I want them to say the XII Remaster is "available now on PSN...next week at retail and next month on Steam". Totally realistic :p

I would imagine relatively meaty info on VIIR is due.

Bring on the goodies!
I would like a FFXII remaster release date and something VII remake related.

7R details seem to be a very safe bet as January 31st will mark the 20th anniversary of FF7's release in Japan.

And Hashimoto is the host of the event.

Fraxin

Imagine FFVIIR trailer directed by Nomura behind closed doors. Since its for Square members then this might be possible.

Tenki

I hope they announce several patches to put Lightning in all the games from the company, even the Eidos ones.

Ray Down

Banned
Not to make a thread a downer already but we must be prepared to cringe when you know who shows up...

latest

Also Lightning

Yeah I'm expecting thia to be pretty big. FFXV DLC, FF anniversary collections, possible X-3 info, FF7R, possible Dissidia PS4 port, and maybe a teaser for FFXVI.

Excited to see how far FF7R has come. Its been over a year since we saw it last, so they should have a much more substantial showing ready for it.

Also the surprise announcement of FF
X-3

Ydelnae

I didn't expect an actual event until later next year. If it's this early, I guess they won't reveal that much (my money was on XVI announcement Dec 18th).

I expect an overview from all the games in the franchise, sort of like the DQ events that took place this year. Dissidia PS4 port, XII release date, XV fanservice DLC and Episode Gladio trailer.

Nomura had prepared FFVIIR info for this year before XV got delayed, so I expect a new trailer revealing Tifa and Aerith, along with the full title of the first episode and key visual. They won't reveal anything KH3 related since 2.8 releases too close from this event.

Femto.

Am I foolish to believe that the first part of FFVII:R will be out next November?

Announce PS4 ports of VIII and IX please.

Am I foolish to believe that the first part of FFVII:R will be out next November?

Considering they are using UE4 it's not impossible. Development should be much smoother on this title than say XV was due to how easy to use and streamlined UE4 is

Still my money is on Spring 2018

AgeEighty

If that Anniversary Collection winds up being real, I'll be shocked, but also incredibly happy.

Not getting my hopes up, though. Fans always expect publishers to go way more all-out on anniversaries than they end up doing.

Meowster

I'm fine with everything but I won't be disappointed if they drop X-3 and pretend like that little venture never happened lol.

Ydelnae

If anything what's more to add to it than the 25th anniversary edition other than a ffxv copy in it?

The 25th anniversary collection contained the original releases. The rumored 30th one contains port for every FF game to PS4. There's no way that's happening.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm fine with everything but I won't be disappointed if they drop X-3 and pretend like that little venture never happened lol.

No they need to remember that novel, we need SE first JRPG comedy game!

The 25th anniversary collection contained the original releases. The rumored 30th one contains port for every FF game to PS4. There's no way that's happening.

Also 1-9 for on one cart for Vita, lol!

I'm morbidly curious about it. I actually love the X series but it just seems so strange that after all these years they are considering on making another game. I kinda want to see it actually happen just to see what they come up with

KH3 is using UE4 and look how long it's taking.

Keep in mind though KH3 is an entirely new game that they have to figure out. FF7R while still using all new assets already has the plot, characters, enemies, etc all layed out. I'll honestly be pretty surprised if Part 1 isn't on store shelves by early 2018

Bladenic

FF7R trailer, info, and "late 2017" release date for episode 1.

XII Zodiac Age release date.

Dreams:

XVI reveal with 2018 release date and Ito at the helm

Top Bottom