• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokun

I can't believe it. Dreams do come true! But God it's so far away isn't it? I can't die before this comes out. I can't!

The next few years of my life is all about survival. I'm not driving faster than 10 below the speed limit. No fat, no sugar, no salt. Where's my water bottle? I need water in here! Gotta hydrate! 8 glasses per day right, that's the doctor's recommendation?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Brothers and sisters of the Square fandom:

Look to one-another and smile. There will never be another moment quite like this one again in our lives.

Ever.

Salsa

they really should just straight up add VA to the original english localization

don't be dicks, gimme a brooding serious this guy are sick

Fbh

Man, I really hope someone sits down with Nomura, gives him a copy of FF7 and tells him "See this?... make a nice looking version of this and nothing more".

I'm not against changes being made but if they are made by Nomura they can only be for the worse.

HE KNEW

jDnXPBB.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Now they can finally rope in the compilation stuff to this game.

Seik

Banned
It's insane how I suddenly forgive them what they did at first.

Holy shit, it's really happening, still can't wrap my head around the idea. :O

Hatchtag

Banned
So, do we know if it's an ARPG or if it's still turn-based?

Wasn't there some leak that called the staff that said it was now an ARPG?

Ishida

Banned
Hey Kagari, you say that you knew about the remake for a year now, but did you know it was going to be announced today? And is there any other info about it that you can share?

Zomba13

was the previous FF7 PS4 port unveiling an intentional troll?

It would appear. So. Either that or they literally started work on this CGI trailer as soon as they got the negative feedback. Hashimoto would have had to make the call from abck stage after walking off.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So, like, can we trust Nomura to finish ANY project at this point? I've always felt this guy is out of his depth whenever he's handling huge projects/teams. Or is he gonna start this project then hand it off to someone else?

As much as I respect his finished work, the choice of director for this is my biggest concern.

ExVicis

Man this won't end well. People will rage over the tiniest details.. Especially if the combat is tweaked.

Conversely unless the combat is abyssmal, some people somewhere will probably praise it for changing what they think were the few bad things about it.

In either case, I'm glad they're gonna try.

Personally though I'm still in shock and waiting to wake up

Cels

is square enix holding any surprises back? i mean we'll probably see more on games we already know about, like tomb raider, hitman, world of FF, and FF7 remake at their conference tomorrow.

just wishful thinking for ff12hd i guess.

MilkBeard

Random encounters, please.

I think they could make it work well with actual enemies on the map. You would inevitably have less encounters overall in the game, but it would make each battle more meaningful. I'd rather they go that route. Having random encounters in a fully realized 3D world in this day and age just won't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom