• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApharmdX

Banned
I love this, never thought it would happen. But man I would hate to be Nomura on the VII remake. Fresh takes of beloved childhood games are tough. He's got to skate between making substantial changes to the original with preserving its spirit, all the while trying to live up to gamers and their unrealistic, nostalgia-tinged expectations.

Turin

Banned
Nomura has been co-directing KH with Tai Yasue for a while now.

I guess Yasue will just have more work now =P

Although, if KH3D is anything to go by, they're still quite dependent on Nomura for both the story and the gameplay stuff.

Watch. Nomura will just tag team from one game to the next. lol

Hastati

This was leaked?? Glad I missed that. Such an exciting moment to see this get revealed after all these years. What a fun conference.

ocean

Banned
I'm sure this game will disappoint a large part of this very peculiar community. Gamers are impossible to please. Whatever they do or don't do will make it garbage for some outspoken dudes.

Me, I'm just happy I'l finally get my most wished for remake since I was in elementary school.

I just realised - Knights of the Round in HD. It'll be the most beautiful two minutes of my gaming life.

Also Fat Chocobo, very important too.

ALEXANDER.

Kaizer

Banned
This still must be years away, easily. I can't fathom how a game as massive as FF7 can get fully remade in time for the 20th anniversary when a brand new project like XV keeps stumbling.

Yeah, I foresee this game coming out in 2020 at the earliest. And what the hell does this announcement do to Kingdom Hearts 3?

The way I see it currently, FFXV is coming out late next year finally, KH3 is a 2018 or 2019 release and finally the FF7 remake hits sometime after 2020 lol.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Now begins the wait. That's a sobering thought. This will be teased for years to come.

Even while the trailer was playing I didn't believe what I was seeing. I was expecting it to flash into PSOne graphics and them to announce new CG cutscenes and then troll laugh afterwards again

This still must be years away, easily. I can't fathom how a game as massive as FF7 can get fully remade in time for the 20th anniversary when a brand new project like XV keeps stumbling.

Yeah, I'm very curious to find out how the company that said HD towns were too hard last gen are going to remake FF7 in full under today's graphical standards.

Mr. RHC

Nomura directing is still the most shocking thing for me today.Just how does Square Enix develop games internally?

From directing Final Fantasy XV to Kingdom Hearts 3 and now all of a sudden full blown remake as a director with Nojima?

u-wot-m8.gif

Just how far into development is Kingdom Hearts 3? When did they start developing FFVIIR?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
What's so massive about it? Most towns are a single screen with on average like 6 or 7 enterable buildings. The Mythril Mine is 4 screens. Temple of the Ancients is like only double that. The overworld is full of nothingness. Maybe I've played the game way to much but unless they actively work to expand the game, whats already present isn't what I'd call massive o.o

So can we now start asking for a FFVIII remake? :D

Gotta say, I am excited for FFVIIr though. More than I thought I'd be haha.

It's not my favorite FF, but I'm not sure any other remake announcement could have got me like this. 7 was conceived to be truly epic before the tech could support the vision. Now maybe it can.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm loving the reactions to the trailer. Even If I don't think the remake will be good, it's great to have this kind of hype feeling from E3.

Yeah, I foresee this game coming out in 2020 at the earliest. And what the hell does this announcement do to Kingdom Hearts 3?

The way I see it currently, FFXV is coming out late next year finally, KH3 is a 2018 or 2019 release and finally the FF7 remake hits sometime after 2020 lol.
Well, but we don't know how long they've been working on it already. Maybe the game is done.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The dream of a hope of a whisper in the air of gaming has finally happened. Anything can happen now. Anything.

Believe.

Airgetlam

I'm not sure if it's really hit me yet. But I'm honestly not THAT excited for it. I just really want them to finish XV at this point. I mean I loved VII but we've all played it already and I'm fairly certain it won't be as good as it was back in the day. I can't even imagine how some scenes would work with modern graphics and gameplay would be turn based? I can't even imagine how they're doing it even thought it's really happening.

SPAW

I already posted my reaction, but I cant start to comprehend what Nomura must feel as he had to leave is baby (XV) and work full time on a gigantic project littered with nostalgia landmines?

Anyways, greatest announcement ever. more than on par with E3 2013!

Zomba13

I just realised - Knights of the Round in HD. It'll be the most beautiful two minutes of my gaming life.

Also Fat Chocobo, very important too.

ALEXANDER.

Holy shit you are right. Summons. omfg. Either it stays turnbased and they are the greatest cutscenes ever or it's a real time FFXV stiyle system update with summons like in FFXV in which case also awesome.

I have nothing this week, E3 = e3 only, take time off etc. I stay up for stuff (UK here) I can't sleep. srsly. Still pumped from the trinity.

Ezalc

Guess we'll see how it all goes if SE decides to show something concrete from it tomorrow besides a cg trailer that showed up today in the Sony conference. Personally don't care much for VII but this is good, just wish they had actually remade V and VI in a seemingly (only say this because it's SE they can still fuck this up) respectful manner like this instead of those awful mobile ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom