• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

Whining about the compilation aside, seeing slums of Midgar in detailed HD CG makes me really happy. I really hope they do well with this but I have to be apprehensive

Go_Ly_Dow

Psht I already knew even before the footage rolled on this part.

DVuzdwT.jpg

I knew it was the Lifestream!

check my tag bro

check the bottom of my post made earlier today.

Sakura

What...? The only game in the series that had voice acting and also allowed you to rename your main character was FFX and that was just insanely awkward.

I could've sworn there was some quest or something you could do in the game to change the name. But it only affected the text.
Must be imagining it, or maybe it was a different game because I remember doing it.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Amazing. Absolutely stunning announcement. I did not even think for a moment that it would show. Not even a moment of thought... just amazing.

And holy fuck...that PSX troll is now even better. Those motherfuckers knew all along... they fucking KNEW.

clem84

Gold Member
A few years ago an SE executive said that they wouldn't do an FF7 remake until they had made a new FF as good as FF7. I guess they scratched that idea.

Ferrio

Banned
So how desperate is Square-Enix? I always figured FF7 remake would be reserved as their trump card when stuff looks most dire.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm gonna buy this game day 1, and its gonna be great >< Muddafukkas

If its turn based, action RPG ala crisis core, i dont give a fuck which one >< I want to return to this world of Midgard, and these characters i love so much(TIFAAAA), and this story and lore i revere

J-Man

I'm super excited, but I kinda wish they waited to announce this until after both FFXV and KH3 came out (or at least when both games were dated) because I feel like it'll be forever until it's coming out which is a shame. More studios need to take Fallout 4 style announcement to release approach.

I feel like you shouldn't show a game unless it is due at MAX 2 years after the announcement, but maybe that's just me.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Crazy. I never asked for this, but I'll gladly play it.

Hopefully it releases before 2020.

I think this is the announcement of E3 so far.

Final Fantasy started getting weird when they had the ability to add more detail, but FFVII came before the dark ages. I'm really hoping this stays faithful in tone, much closer to the game than anything from Advent Children.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I saw nothing offensive in the trailer.

Sakura

Timed Exclusive guessing it's coming to Xbox/Wii U eventually?

I feel they would've been sure to hammer home the fact that you can only get it for the PS4 on consoles, instead of just saying first on PS4.
I assume you're joking about the Wii U
the NX will already be out by the time this game is released.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Anyone else remember Square's announcement for Vs & Kingdom Hearts 3? And here we are announcing more shit with zero gameplay.

20never

Got out of the theatre (Jurassic World rocks) earlier tonight to see that GAF was down. Checked Facebook, saw this news.

I can't put the hype I felt (still feel) into words.

I can't fucking wait to:

- See Midgar
- Race the bike
- fight Emerald and Ruby
- Recruit Yuffie
- fly the airship
- See Cosmo Canyon
- see the Forest of the Ancients
- Unleash the Knights of the Round
- unleash Ifrit...

Oh god so many things to see all over again.

Violet_0

Banned
funny, I got a Deus Ex/Ghost in a Shell/Terminator sort of vibe from the trailer, that looked nothing like a Final Fantasy game until the very end

Highwind

I've been seeing a lot of this on GAF lately.

It's precisely why I avoid those threads/make claims that are not 100% certain. Would rather not get acquainted with the taste of crow.

As for FF7, as I said in the other thread, I played the original and thought it was good but I am gonna be cautious about how this game turns. Pretty much expecting an entirely different game with the way this was presented.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Another change I'd like them to make is the ability to kick Cloud out of the party and into the reserves! Also to let us have 1 or 2 person parties without having to purposely KO a character! And let us choose who we walk around the world as. In FFVII ya control Cloud, Aeris, Tifa, and Cid directly on the world. Why not everyone and whenever ya want (as story dictates obviously)? Surely no one could object to small, harmless, OPTIONAL changes/additions such as these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom