• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait until the 1st slice of gameplay and then everyone rages that they changed the battle system even though everyone knows damn well that they're going to change it.

So since its been in development over a year this confirms SE were just trolling / joking with that other FF7 announcement right?

Because that is brilliant lol

Would they even mention other platforms if this is a timed release? I don't recall them mentioning ps4 for rise of the tomb raider even though we know it's coming eventually

Illucio

Banned
2016: FFXV
2017: KH3
2018: FFVII

I'd be okay with that.

KH is probably closer than you think. Let's see tomorrow, 2017 is too long. I know they will be announcing a PS4/XB1 port of the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes tomorrow, they release a new KH game every year so it's highly likely that's what's happening. Unless we get some crappy game next year, Kingdom Hearts 3 should be next year.

I so hope FF7:re makes the 2017 release date just because it has 7 at the end . :D

7/7/17 BELIEVE.

Tabris

2016: FFXV
2017: KH3
2018: FFVII

I'd be okay with that.

Wasn't it rumoured 2017 for FF7:R in that previous thread? I bet we'll find out maybe a bit more tomorrow.

I wonder if they'll show any KH3 tomorrow. I know FFXV is a no show - which I don't understand - at least make a trailer out of Episode Duscae 2.0.

Verger

Banned
I don't expect this game for a while. After how badly Square Enix has been at developing their games lately, and with FF15 still without a solid release date. I'm not banking on this for another several years.

Crisium

They will.

No, really, there is no way they will not. Genesis was at Nibelheim and is a huge part of the story now.

As someone who has only played FFVII (but done so several times of course), saw Advent Children a long time ago and forgot what the plot was, will I be disappointed in this Genesis?

HeelPower

Also interesting that this game almost fulfills the FF7Remake AND OG VersusXIII demands at once.

The game looks pretty darn close to Versus initial trailers if you ask me.Hopefully Nomura will get to put his original versus concepts in the mix as well.

The potential here is unfathomable.

you do understand that when its a timed exclusive they tend to not talk about other platforms...especially at a competitor event.... while it could still not go to the x1, your reasoning makes no sense.
Sometimes i wonder why people think that these publishers will tell there secrets, and or make reveals to them without a NDA..

Rewatching the trailer and it hit me how much FFXV is like FFVII in terms of the world. It's funny how much people were giving FFXV shit because it had vehicles and people were saying "what is a car doing in a FF game"

Anyone that said that about FFXV has a ridiculously short memory, as original FFVII had automobiles and FFVIII had cars you could actually drive around the world map. :p

It was a big piece of information. I didn't want to ruin the surprise or betray those who told me.
Good woman..The force is strong with this one, and your chakra is magnificent.

Also, what's up with the FF:World thing, this going to be a new franchise? Also can't wait for Dissidia.

NeoXChaos

KH is probably closer than you think. Let's see tomorrow, 2017 is too long. I know they will be announcing a PS4/XB1 port of the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes tomorrow, they release a new KH game every year so it's highly likely that's what's happening. Unless we get some crappy game next year, Kingdom Hearts 3 should be next year.

I so hope FF7:re makes the 2017 release date just because it has 7 at the end . :D

7/7/17 BELIEVE.

They are not releasing XV and 3 in the same year and with VII now announced idk what to expect. Kagari can you shed some light on a possible timeline if you can.

McBryBry

Wasn't it rumoured 2017 for FF7:R in that previous thread? I bet we'll find out maybe a bit more tomorrow.

I wonder if they'll show any KH3 tomorrow. I know FFXV is a no show - which I don't understand - at least make a trailer out of Episode Duscae 2.0.

I don't know about rumors, but speculation. 2017 is the 20th anniversary.

rubius01

Don't you have to start throwing all of your non PS4 systems out the window now?

Tabris

lol, those guys are so obnoxious. Love how the girl was trying to calm them down.

I've always been honestly baffled by how much people wanted this. I guess I'm happy for them that Squeenix finally listened to the fans, but... I don't get it. FF7 was decent. Solid, even. It didn't need a remake at all, and I don't trust them to not fuck it up real badly.

There isn't a single game in the history of video games that requires a graphical remake more than FFVII. Everyone may debate gameplay, story, voice acting, etc, but I don't know how anyone could think anything different on the graphics.

FFVII suffered from a very disjointed visual thematic display due to tech limitations. Going from bad polygon models to battle models to CG etc.

RPGCrazied

Official English website opened: http://ffvii-remake.square-enix.com/

Oh damn! Time to:

f5.jpg

Sony 2015 or Sony 2013? I don't know which to choose. FF7 remake makes my heart feel feels. Its crazy. I can't believe this game is finally coming to us. Its insane to even think about it.

I hope they get Nobuo to do the soundtrack.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Good woman..The force is strong with this one, and your chakra is magnificent.

Also, what's up with the FF:World thing, this going to be a new franchise? Also can't wait for Dissidia.

It's a new spin-off that also happens to be for Vita using some of the same character art styles as Pictlogica FF.

KOMANI

KOMANI
There isn't a single game in the history of video games that requires a graphical remake more than FFVII. Everyone may debate gameplay, story, voice acting, etc, but I don't know how anyone could think anything different on the graphics.

FFVII suffered from a very disjointed visual thematic display due to tech limitations. Going from bad polygon models to battle models to CG etc.
It's either that or metal gear (1,2, solid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom