• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting news this morning! Can't wait for enchancements but I dont nearly have as much cash as i wanted. Needed to farm Ifrit elite more. Only sitting on 13 million, would have felt good with 30 million. Of all the enhamcements i am looking forward to what they do with Olive the most.

This new dagger can make my battle Ling a thing sooner but i still want the tm dagger in the future as it has decent atk, this one from the event does not. Also going to see if i can fit Orlandu's tm on her to give her the abilities from it. The New event unit tm's are interesting. Letters and arms builds just got a lot better.

Finished my first 20 sided die, Noct sits at 95% evasion with the first strike materia. When my second Quick Assault finishes i will replace that and he will be at 100 %.

Rixa

Interesting news this morning! Can't wait for enchancements but I dont nearly have as much cash as i wanted. Needed to farm Ifrit elite more. Only sitting on 13 million, would have felt good with 30 million. Of all the enhamcements i am looking forward to what they do with Olive the most.

This new dagger can make my battle Ling a thing sooner but i still want the tm dagger in the future as it has decent atk, this one from the event does not. Also going to see if i can fit Orlandu's tm on her to give her the abilities from it. The New event unit tm's are interesting. Letters and arms builds just got a lot better.

Finished my first 20 sided die, Noct sits at 95% evasion with the first strike materia. When my second Quick Assault finishes i will replace that and he will be at 100 %.

That upcoming event and its gacha maybe filled with GIL turtles (even those GIL turtle families). Families are good source of GIL.

How do you check for your evade stat? I can't find it anywhere...

Got the 5* trust moogle, katana, star quartz, and all the tickets. I guess from here it just depends on how much I get and if I want more moogles or mats. For this event.

Trying to help my brother beat Antonella.

He has UD" Orlandu" and Bonkeng "Orlandu" as super strong Friend units. Will they be able to solo it?

jnWake

I'm glad Ariana event is back. I was too new the first time so I didn't get much from it.

Hope they repeat more time-limited events in the future (SoM pls, at least the banner).

bonkeng

Trying to help my brother beat Antonella.

He has UD" Orlandu" and Bonkeng "Orlandu" as super strong Friend units. Will they be able to solo it?

Most probably not.

You need some support units to beat Antenolla. Breaker, Healer etc.

I can equip Ribbon on Orlandu to help with the status ailments. What's your brother's top units?

tuffymon

Same as before with a new difficulty for a new materia.
Everyone will be able to equip it but Ariana will get additional effect. (unknow for now)

I like this new way to spice up the content... outside of this, it'll be nice to have an actual break time.

I'm glad Ariana event is back. I was too new the first time so I didn't get much from it.

Hope they repeat more time-limited events in the future (SoM pls, at least the banner).

or cny banner.. dat ling...
on a more serious note, ariana grande can carry you through early content, but that's that..
she plateus with 365 mag and a poor skillset :/

Most probably not.

You need some support units to beat Antenolla. Breaker, Healer etc.

I can equip Ribbon on Orlandu to help with the status ailments. What's your brother's top units?

He has maxed Firion, Refia, CoD, Cecil and Exdeath, Rain, Minfilia can be maxed but he needs those damn Brilliant Ray.
He has no Trust mastery rewards yet.

across

Fryevia sword is what Letters and Arms users are waiting for.

Can confirm, looks extremely tempting, though my L&As aren't done yet. I actually think Fryevia looks pretty cool - a little overdesigned but I really, really love her colour palette. She looks like she tumbled out of Legend of Mana.

Worth pointing out that this is the highest MAG sword even counting JP and is the second-highest MAG weapon in GL behind Emperor's TM.

Would that I had the resources to do much more than daily and hope, but alas...

By the way, this is great news. Curveballs like this are much more interesting than 'here's this banner that was next on the JP schedule'. Who the hell was expecting enhancements this early?

Royce McCutcheon

Exdeath can Crack 900 with that sword and letters and arms shenanigans. I've been pleased with the quality of banners and events lately. Bring on enhancements

Pejo

not gonna lie

im a little sad they didnt take this chance to bring back Fencer

Fencer still remains the biggest shame to not get 6* upgrades.

I still hold on to that hope with you.

Lots of cool announcements this morning, I like the design of the new units, and I like that free dual wield dagger, though arena is going to be absolutely shit forever now with 2x dance of death Lings. Guess I really should bump up my Ribbon TM farming importance and just get it over with. I'm thinking just 1 for CoD who can cure everything but petrified status for the whole group.

For real though, I hate seeing Ling on an arena team worse than any other character. At least Noctis has a bunch of moves, so Fire/Blizzard flasks are mixed up. Ling seems 50/50 with that Break dance or Dance of Death.

Also, Penelo TM now actually means something. For units you'd want to put this dagger on that benefit from hitting twice, not taking damage into account. Not sure exactly what that'd be for now, but it's something!

bonkeng

He has maxed Firion, Refia, CoD, Cecil and Exdeath, Rain, Minfilia can be maxed but he needs those damn Brilliant Ray.
He has no Trust mastery rewards yet.

Max Rain first as he can fullbreak.

Firion is great for Antenolla as he has 125% plant killer.

Refia and Cecil as healers.

CoD for AoE Esuna.

Just make sure to equip status resist equipments/materias specially confuse and paralize.

Last thing, kill the Flower last.

across

Lots of cool announcements this morning, I like the design of the new units, and I like that free dual wield dagger, though arena is going to be absolutely shit forever now with 2x dance of death Lings.

Dance of Death isn't an attack, so it isn't affected by DW.

The dagger is useful for DW breaks (which Ifrit kindly demonstrated the importance of), new accounts, and unlucky accounts. Should be useful on Rem; I don't know if her drain attacks are considered proper attacks for the purpose of Dual Wield doubling or not, but it allows you to double dip from her +50% MAG/SPR with dagger bonus and then offhand a staff or rod (or Fryevia's sword... ?!) as you see fit. Likely be higher stat benefit than the dagger from the Type-0 3 event.

Pejo

Dance of Death isn't an attack, so it isn't affected by DW.

The dagger is useful for DW breaks (which Ifrit kindly demonstrated the importance of), new accounts, and unlucky accounts.

Oh man, you just made my morning.

Also, imagine this - level 1 Hope with Barrage TM, equip S. Sword, and this dual wield knife. He has the slowest attack animation in the game. Just a little something to annoy arena teams, lol.

Lyrian

It appears that they want to get the Doublehand meta rolling much quicker in Global than waiting for Cloud. Olive was the start and now Fryevia will be the next one ("She specializes in ice type attacks, has tremendous hybrid damage and is, importantly, is going to benefit very much when weilding only one weapon." ).

Glad someone caught this.

Calling it right now:

-- Fryevia gets whatever Gumi wants to call "Doubledhanded+, Hybrid Edition".

In other words, she's going to get an ability that says "Increases ATK and MAG from all equipment by X % when single wielding."

With that it mind, take a look at the event equipment. Icy Veins and Cold Snap just screams custom-made for Fryevia for use with her DH variant.

Letters and Arms goes in the ability slots, the event equipment goes in the accessory slots, and add her TM weapon.

Give her a 700-800% Hybrid attack ("Tremendous Damage" - Bartz as 3* already has a 540% hybrid attack), she can set herself up for ice damage in the same way Olive can with lightning, and bam now she's worth chasing.

Ladies and gentleman, the prosecution rests. /micdrop

Lyrian

Also, that robe from the 3* unit screams "custom made for Refia".

Kind of funny, knowing that Tilith isn't that far into the future. Still, given that 3* TM moogles for these units will be pulled from the event gacha, getting at least one of these from the event should be almost guaranteed unless the moogles are insanely rare for some reason.

Also, 4* Xon = what 6* Locke will be buffed to in JP?

Kind of funny, knowing that Tilith isn't that far into the future. Still, given that 3* TM moogles for these units will be pulled from the event gacha, getting at least one of these from the event should be almost guaranteed unless the moogles are insanely rare for some reason.

Also, 4* Xon = what 6* Locke will be buffed to in JP?

Yup Locke got robbed

Im about ready to do a full Best for each Job Class write up again because there have been some awesome shifts for almost every job class in the game lately

robotuw

I was thinking that too. My Refia almost never runs out of mp so I keep the minerva bustier on her. For Tilith it might be worth it though, especially since I only managed to get one Cupid Luna.

Since this Easter event sounds like another "gather materials from anywhere"-type mogcake event I'm glad I haven't started the new story yet. I hope the optimal strategy doesn't turn out to be maxing the same exploration until you go insane.

Lyrian

Stupid Gumi, why'd they have to release a unit that benefits from the very TMs I'm currently farming and whose colour palette is somewhat reminiscent of my favorite Angela promotion from Seiken Densetsu 3? Jerks.

As I said yesterday, Gumi has the very dangerous benefit of pre-existing knowledge of RL experience from the release of similar units on JP and can adjust accordingly for Global.

Use Dual Wield because Doublehanded is garbage? NP, here's Olive!

Hybrid damage is teh sux? Welp.... here's Fryevia to prove everyone wrong once again.

Interestingly, to keep these units balanced, they are restricted to one element to deliver maximum damage (Olive for lightning, and now Fryevia for ice) and are significantly less potent otherwise. So, there's still room for growth for future units.

Well played, Gumi. Well played, indeed.

Lets do this!

Basic Class Representation

Best Warriors - So I suppose we can classify this as a class that has basic attack skills and can use a lot of weapons and Armor with a focus on Physical attacks right? So many characters cross over into warrior territory but the flagships that stand out are: Firion, Bartz, Gilgamesh, Randi

Best Thieves - Poor Thief class. However its getting a SERIOUS shot in the arm with Zidane upgrades and the upcoming Xon. Theives have always been about daggers, multihits, critical strikes, and getting sweet sweet loot. They went such a weird route in Exvius when it comes to thieves. Since loot already kind of rains regardless and steal tables offer nothing unique the whole treasure hunting meta is really stale in Exvius. Hopefully that chnages in this next event. Until we see XON we have to fall back on Thief, Locke and basic Zidane as our reps.

Best Archers - An oft maligned class with lots of weak and redundant skills. Very much an afterthought in this meta but we did finally get a flagship archer thats worth a damn with Cupid Artemios. Probably the only Archer for the time being that can showcase usefulness.

Best Black Mages - No shortage of good Black Mages now or in the Future. VEry much a well represented class with the likes of Exdeath, Dark Fina, and Emperor as well as Shantotto and 6 star Vivi and Kuja in the future.

Best White Mages - Same as above. We are swimming in them from all angles. Refia, Yshtola, Santa Roselia, Luka... There is a healer for the job everywhere

Best Chemist? - Not a class that they cared much about with the only reps being a friend summon unit whose name escapes me. If they had bothered to make items competitive and worth using I could see how a chemist could be built to be useable in this game. I suppose Garnet hybrids her way in to this category with her 6 star upgrade

Ok Advanced Jobs next!

Max Rain first as he can fullbreak.

Firion is great for Antenolla as he has 125% plant killer.

Refia and Cecil as healers.

CoD for AoE Esuna.

Just make sure to equip status resist equipments/materias specially confuse and paralize.

Last thing, kill the Flower last.

Awesome dude. we completed it.
Thanks

Lyrian

One additional point on enhancements that no one has brought up yet.

-- Depending on the power of the ability in question, you need multiple highest tier enhancement gems. The highest tier gems are incredibly restricted and EXTREMELY expensive obtain.

*** Going rate is ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND event currency for ONE gem from Mog King on JP (Limit 1 per event). Outside of special circumstances/events, there are no other ways to get these gems.

The stream video explicitly states that the highest tier gems do NOT drop from the standard farming vortex and have to be acquired from events only.

In perspective (assuming Batch 1 doesn't change much from JP), Ramza needs THREE of these gems to get his 100% buff song with perks. Assuming one can be obtain from the Easter event, and another from the next Mog King, players still need another from another source.

Assuming players focus exclusively on Ramza, it's going to be mid-late May before anyone gets to Hero's Rime +2.

-- As an aside, enhancements now means that Elza enhancement for the Brave Frontier 2 banner are pretty much a guaranteed lock. I'm so ready for a dark debuff (and more DEF/SPR debuff) on Ravishing Blow +2. Also, Dark Reaper "screams" that it can be turned into another Olive situation with "Doublehanded+" enhancements.

Dammit, Gumi knew exactly what they were doing with all of these early global exclusives in terms of the future.

Advanced Class Reps

Knights - Ok so there is lots of crossover but these guys tend to stick to physical, breaks, and heavy equipment. Orlandu is king here with Agrias and Leo bringing up the rear. They break up into sub categories from here to....

Paladins - Cecil and that other guy we dont like are really the only reps until Rasler hits I think? Basically a Defense oriented class with healing magic. Cecil is king and wont be challenged until WoL (who is technically a warrior class?) and Charlotte get upgraded.

Dark Knights - This class as of now... has many reps and very few effective members. Garland, Duane, Leon, Gafgarion are all stuck in 5 star hell. Dark Knight Cecil is given great stats and then basically nothing else. He is a build a bear until enhancements. So thats about it... I imagine Garland will hold the title alongside DKC once they finally get their upgrades.

Dragoons - Ho boy... These guys have had it rough but thankfully we have one solid rep in Nine who can do the class some justice. I suppose Noctis somewhat counts as a Quasi-Dragoon but the rest of the class is in limbo. They need Jump given some more agency but they also need more than just jump skills. I suppose Elza counts as more of a Lancer/Dark Knight hybrid so take the victories where you can with this class. .... Poor Kain.

Ninja/Assassins - I kind of pool these 2 together even though they were VERY distinct in many of the games. Ninjas being all about throws, ninjustsu, dual weild and evasion while assassins were all about instant KO and.... whatever else. This is another class with lots of reps and very few stand outs. Shadow, Edge, Miyuki, Hayate are all pretty much not useable these days for anything other than just for fun. HOWEVER I would consider Shine as a rep in this department. Sure she is counted as a SPY but I feel she is the closest and best rep we are gonna get.

Samurai - Chizzy.... Still holds the crown in this underrepresented space. Lots of units use katanas but they allow so much crossover with sword swingers that Samurais really dont have much exclusive identity. This problem is spread amongst just about any unit swinging a sword around. Chizzy does embody the best representation and I suppose other qulaity reps would include Gilgamesh as well. Poor Cyan... He deserves better and he will get it!

Monks - Whew... it took awhile but with Yun around we finally have a monk worth a damn. Heck even Xiao pulls her weight as well. Now we just need Sabin to be upgraded and Yang to get a shot and we could be looking at a much healthier class here!

Stay Tuned for part 3 guys!

-- Depending on the power of the ability in question, you need multiple highest tier enhancement gems. The highest tier gems are incredibly restricted and EXTREMELY expensive obtain.

*** Going rate is ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND event currency for ONE gem from Mog King on JP (Limit 1 per event). Outside of special circumstances/events, there are no other ways to get these gems.

The stream video explicitly states that the highest tier gems do NOT drop from the standard farming vortex and have to be acquired from events only.

In perspective (assuming Batch 1 doesn't change much from JP), Ramza needs THREE of these gems to get his 100% buff song with perks. Assuming one can be obtain from the Easter event, and another from the next Mog King, players still need another from another source.

Assuming players focus exclusively on Ramza, it's going to be mid-late May before anyone gets to Hero's Rime +2.

-- As an aside, enhancements now means that Elza enhancement for the Brave Frontier 2 banner are pretty much a guaranteed lock. I'm so ready for a dark debuff (and more DEF/SPR debuff) on Ravishing Blow +2. Also, Dark Reaper "screams" that it can be turned into another Olive situation with "Doublehanded+" enhancements.

Dammit, Gumi knew exactly what they were doing with all of these early global exclusives in terms of the future.

Time will tell, i'd be really happy for Elza as she's one of my favorite units. I just don't have a place for her anymore. What I'm really waiting to see is what they will do for Ling and Olive!

Kouriozan

Samurai - Chizzy.... Still holds the crown in this underrepresented space. Lots of units use katanas but they allow so much crossover with sword swingers that Samurais really dont have much exclusive identity. This problem is spread amongst just about any unit swinging a sword around. Chizzy does embody the best representation and I suppose other qulaity reps would include Gilgamesh as well. Poor Cyan... He deserves better and he will get it!

There is that awesome dude, Kamui, but he's limited as 5* max

F2wZzWm.png

Wasted cool sprite >.<

There is that awesome dude, Kamui, but he's limited as 5* max

F2wZzWm.png

Wasted cool sprite >.<

Yeah its a damn shame

If they are going to insist on keeping 5 stars down they should at least give them skills that give them a niche use or something else to do

I get they are meant to fill slots for new players but it really doesnt take newbies that long to build a team of 6 star capable units right?

Reading this I feel like my 10 million gil is not enough.
Maybe time to farm the current event for Orbs and sell them off

Completely OT but Persona 5 drops TOMORROW! I have yet to complete Mass Effect: Andromeda, didn't get to platnum Horizon Zero Dawn, didn't get to finish Witcher 3. The back log couldn't be more real!

Ok back OT, really excited for the new changes. Gumi is improving! Going to be interesting to see where these new units fall in the meta and see what they bring to the table.

The last batch!

Bards - Reasonably well represented with some crossover with Dancers. The best one, Ramza, Isnt locked down to the trademark harp but can certainly equip one. The only other rep that pops into my head is Gilbert for now who is locked at 5 star but ya know.. I should make a best of list for 5 star only units... could be fun. Anywho

Dancers - What was once simply a niche class that had poor reps like Penelo and some Friend point summons now has 6 star monsters like Ling and Soleil. And they will hold the dancer crown for the forseeable future even when Penelos gets her upgrade. I would like to see Penelo get a boost so we can have our first true battle dancer though I hear Ling could maybe pull it off as well.

Red Mage - This is a weird class. The FF series has done a better job of mostly turning them into Fencers as opposed to the original incarnation of guy that can equip a little bit of everything. Anzelm, Krile, Ludmille. Ingus are the straighy traditional Red mages with a focus on Having access to the other triad of elements, mp recovery, multicasting and other oddball mage quirks. Unfortunately they all fall short of being Hallmark Representation of what Red Mages are all about. What I would like to see is a doubling down on Earth, Wind, Water attacks. Elements Attacks buffs to the party would be amazing, Multihit sword flurries and magic counters etc... Red Mages have a lot of room to grow!

Green Mages Straight up support units that have really come to the Forefront of usefullness and accesibility. Cerius, Minfillia and the harder to snag Marie are the crown jewels of this very straightforward class.

Spell Blades - Aww geez. What a weird class but its here. Often smashed together with red mages and Blue mages through out the series... even geomancers since they go to the point where they wanted these arabian themed fighters to have an identity of their own. And they do... In Exvius they are represented by some of our fan favorites Bedile and Rakasha. Also our good old friend Ronaldo from the friend summon pool. However the BEST spell blade we have is Primm! She is the only 6 star spell blade I know of outside of "He only does everything Noctis" and shes not too bad. We know how rough Hybrid skills are in this game so far but this easter Chick might shake things up for her class!

Gunners - Hey there! A class that was once a joke is now becoming quite a big deal! Olive is the current gunnery Queen and the only 6 star gunner worth our attention... Sorry Medius but Gumi screwed you. Mustadio isn't bad as a 5 star rep as well and in the future Gunners will finally get the male lead they deserve in Bathier!

Summoner - Weird one in global. Started out useful when maxed, came in handy unexpectedly when gilgamesh came along.... But you didnt need a true summoner. They are kind of robbed as a class in this game. Maybe summons should only be useable by summoners? Naw that wouldn't sit well with the player base. What is happening is that with the FF9 event in Japan we are getting 6 star reps in Garnet and Eiko. They can use any summon that the party brought along, summon faster and boost summon damage. With 3 star upgrades and a damage boost to espers they might just become a Viable class. For now they simply act as hybrid units which I suppose is essential since any unit can summon

Whew any classes I missed?

Rixa

Yup, great stuff DrRob.

Its a shame how Shine has the kit but then Shine lacks the stats & eq slots to be good in role.

ramza is a squire!

nice read Dr.

Also, noctis can be considered a spellblade

The closest class to Noctis is Mime/Onion Knight

Like... hes such a mashup that he pretty much falls in the Legendary Hero Category. Which is the only class of characters in FF lore that do this shit where they break so far outside of Job roles

Very similar to how heroes were handled in FFT i suppose

They do a lot of hybrid crossover special characters in Exvius and they are mostly 5 star bases as a result

Lyrian

Reading this I feel like my 10 million gil is not enough.
Maybe time to farm the current event for Orbs and sell them off

Gil is almost never the problem with enhancements.

If you look at the metal egg banner gacha in the video here, you can see 4* gil snappers and cactuars as pullable items, which looks like it will run exactly the same way as the Ifrit raid gacha. So, gil won't be an issue at all.

Getting the rare components for each enhancement will be a much greater challenge.

-- Friendly reminder: You'll need to clear out (or buy) 40 material slots (8 elemental colors x 5 tier rarities) to hold a stack of each of the new enhancement gems.

Dandte

Heyas GafExvius,

i needed to step away from be to get back in. Blew all my resources on thunder god...got nothing. As exspected. I just finished the water shrine and have to clear the story. Since we soon get enhancement, how will the situation be for enhancend randy? Will he be near as good as jpn randy or will only get useful since we don't have dh stacking? And is it now possible to auto gilga?

Enhancements sound cool and all but the way you guys are making it sound , getting the materials for em will take months.

So we really need to pick and choose 1 or 2 characters to power up since it'll take MONTHS to acquire the means to do so.

It's kinda sad because at first when I was reading about them I thought, cool Lighting can be very viable as well as a few others. But now I'm looking at it like, shit, going to have to select my AAA team very carefully. Obviously if you have a Ramza it sounds like he might be priority #1.

On another note at first I thought enhancements existed due to power creep but if we can't just get these things easily then I don't really like their inclusion at all. Especially if it takes 100,000 event currency just for a piece of one. Was planning on enchantment for Gilgamesh and his better chaining move x2 for the duo I have. But it seems like it's a waste to even bother.

c-murph

Fencer still remains the biggest shame to not get 6* upgrades.

I still hold on to that hope with you.

Lots of cool announcements this morning, I like the design of the new units, and I like that free dual wield dagger, though arena is going to be absolutely shit forever now with 2x dance of death Lings. Guess I really should bump up my Ribbon TM farming importance and just get it over with. I'm thinking just 1 for CoD who can cure everything but petrified status for the whole group.

For real though, I hate seeing Ling on an arena team worse than any other character. At least Noctis has a bunch of moves, so Fire/Blizzard flasks are mixed up. Ling seems 50/50 with that Break dance or Dance of Death.

Also, Penelo TM now actually means something. For units you'd want to put this dagger on that benefit from hitting twice, not taking damage into account. Not sure exactly what that'd be for now, but it's something!

I keep harassing them on Youtube and Twitter. No luck yet...

tuffymon

Gil is almost never the problem with enhancements.

If you look at the metal egg banner gacha in the video here, you can see 4* gil snappers and cactuars as pullable items, which looks like it will run exactly the same way as the Ifrit raid gacha. So, gil won't be an issue at all.

Getting the rare components for each enhancement will be a much greater challenge.

-- Friendly reminder: You'll need to clear out (or buy) 40 material slots (8 elemental colors x 5 tier rarities) to hold a stack of each of the new enhancement gems.

With the change of stacks to 199 helping my space, this is now no longer a problem... otherwise, that'd be pretty scary in one shot!

Lyrian

Heyas GafExvius,

i needed to step away from be to get back in. Blew all my resources on thunder god...got nothing. As exspected. I just finished the water shrine and have to clear the story. Since we soon get enhancement, how will the situation be for enhancend randy? Will he be near as good as jpn randy or will only get useful since we don't have dh stacking? And is it now possible to auto gilga?

Don't ever go "all in" chasing someone. That's a recipe for almost guaranteed total disaster.

Enhanced Randi and Gilgamesh are very far off (especially for Randi). Granted, Gumi has full reign to change the order of enhancements released. But, generally speaking, enhancement batches are released once a month. On JP, Gilgamesh's enhancements were released in the 3rd batch, Randi with the 5th batch. So, their upgrades are months away still.

c-murph

Whoa. What if Ravashing Blow hits all?

Hoping Elza gets enhancements on Day 1.

Gunna enhance her first, then Lightning, then Lightning Returns, then whenever Cid get his... The DKC x 2.

Lyrian

Enhancements sound cool and all but the way you guys are making it sound , getting the materials for em will take months.

So we really need to pick and choose 1 or 2 characters to power up since it'll take MONTHS to acquire the means to do so.

It's kinda sad because at first when I was reading about them I thought, cool Lighting can be very viable as well as a few others. But now I'm looking at it like, shit, going to have to select my AAA team very carefully. Obviously if you have a Ramza it sounds like he might be priority #1.

On another note at first I thought enhancements existed due to power creep but if we can't just get these things easily then I don't really like their inclusion at all. Especially if it takes 100,000 event currency just for a piece of one. Was planning on enchantment for Gilgamesh and his better chaining move x2 for the duo I have. But it seems like it's a waste to even bother.

Enhancements exist because of power creep to keep rarer units relevant. Some form of this system exists in practically every gacha game in one form or another. Otherwise, eventually, new 3* units will become more powerful than ultra-rare 5* base units. So, periodically, the older units receive buffs to keep them relevant and to give players a reason to go after them if they show up on banners again.

In FFBE, enhancements are implements as a system where a player has to acquire gems to upgrade a unit. For now, and the foreseeable future, gems needed for upgrades are going to be an extremely limited and controlled resources. What is unique about FFBE's system, is that it does not allow a buyout of the upgrades via lapis. The whaliest of the whales can still only get one top-tier gem per event; the same as a F2P player.

This actually requires planning and thought by the player. The player can't just blindly throw resources at units. There will be very real opportunity costs at play here. Enhancing very expensive 5* units may lock off up more practical 4* unit awakenings, at least until more resources become available.

If valuable resources are truly indeed scarce, choices will be made and players will chart their own path through the enhancement system rather than everyone chasing a
BiS template. That said, obviously some enhancements will be more desired than others, which are factored into their prices. So, there will be some generally accepted enhancements that will be acquired by almost everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom