• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Anything to mitigated the boss damage, especially after 50%?

If you are trying for the No Abilities mission, then the only valid defense spell would be Shellga. Dissonance is neutral-elemental, so none of the elemental resists will work against her. If you have Y'shtola from the FF14 event a few weeks back, she is the ideal healer to use.

That, and/or you need to stack HP (at least 4k on everyone at the very least) and have at least double Curaja ready to go each turn.

Nikokuno

If you are trying for the No Abilities mission, then the only valid defense spell would be Shellga. Dissonance is neutral-elemental, so none of the elemental resists will work against her. If you have Y'shtola from the FF14 event a few weeks back, she is the ideal healer to use.

That, and/or you need to stack HP (at least 4k on everyone at the very least) and have at least double Curaja ready to go each turn.

Options are limited as I expected. Thanks I have 3 Y'shtola actually so I'm good 😉. Yeah, Exdeath 3k HP pool just ruins my first attempt for the no KO mission... This guy is paper think despite his look.

Valentus

Options are limited as I expected. Thanks I have 3 Y'shtola actually so I'm good 😉. Yeah, Exdeath 3k HP pool just ruins my first attempt for the no KO mission... This guy is paper think despite his look.

Charlotte also has Shellga and works as a tank too.

Muku

What do I do with these turtles I get?

Sell them. $$$

Edit: W-T-F @ this board lately.

Also, sent you a request on main and alt. I see on my main you accepted. :) (Fader is my alt. My Delita is nice.. only because that is nicest thing I have on that account.)

Kouriozan

Sell them. $$$

Also, sent you a request on main and alt. I see on my main you accepted. :) (Fader is my alt. My Delita is nice.. only because that is nicest thing I have on that account.)

Here, you can witness a time traveller!

Alkez

What I'm hearing Muku is we need some Sunday Off Topic Sports discussions lol.

So, who's watching/keeping up with the NBA playoffs this year?

Who you got?
Who you supporting?
Any first round upsets you see happening?

Who you got?
Who you supporting?

Cavs fan. They aren't winning. My money is on of course the Warriors or my dark horse is the Celtics/Rockets. I'm more of a hockey guy anyway and Go Pens!

Alkez

Cavs fan. They aren't winning. My money is on of course the Warriors or my dark horse is the Celtics/Rockets. I'm more of a hockey guy anyway and Go Pens!

:eek: I wasn't sure if there were any other hockey fans in this thread, yet alone a fellow Pens fan! Been a good start so far. I wasn't​ so confident in our chances of going back to back coming into this but we've started off well. Meanwhile Caps, and the rest of the east, have been iffy so far, so I feel we have a shot *touch wood*.

In regards to NBA yeah I feel the Warriors have it this year. There's a lot of lackluster-ness going around the league atm. At least KD could potentially get a ring now.

:eek: I wasn't sure if there were any other hockey fans in this thread, yet alone a fellow Pens fan! Been a good start so far. I wasn't​ so confident in our chances of going back to back coming into this but we've started off well. Meanwhile Caps, and the rest of the east, have been iffy so far, so I feel we have a shot *touch wood*.

In regards to NBA yeah I feel the Warriors have it this year. There's a lot of lackluster-ness going around the league atm. At least KD could potentially get a ring now.

Fellow Pens fan yay! I agree I was pretty iffy and kind of still am. I always worry about the Caps and the Bruins and obviously the Hawks from the West but otherwise if we get past the Blue Jackets I think we are good.

bonkeng

642292366!

I think anyway!

Sent you an invite. I actually cleared a few slots of inactive friends so if anyone else wants a 972 atk Cid friend, I'm 911,468,888.

Sent!

Who you got?
Who you supporting?

Rooting for the Cavs. Bron better flip the switch, or it'll be too late.

Right now I'm mostly interested on the Harden Westbrook match up! WB will win mvp, but my personal choice is Harden.

Anustart

Outside of boredom, I could theoretically stay in an exploration dungeon and collect infinite metal eggs yes?

Was routinely getting 250, 500, even 1000 per battle in the last one. Walked out and did a 6000 egg multi pull.

Outside of boredom, I could theoretically stay in an exploration dungeon and collect infinite metal eggs yes?

Was routinely getting 250, 500, even 1000 per battle in the last one. Walked out and did a 6000 egg multi pull.

nope

there are a set number of enemy encounters in explorations

each one has 2 spawn zones and once both are exhausted no more battles will take place

Muku

Who you got?
Who you supporting?

This board trying to make it look like we trippin' on something. Or mind readers. Or time travelers.
Shhh. I can only go back 2 minutes at a time, so don't tell everyone!!

NBA? Naw. Never been into basketball. But NHL? Yes, please. Also... GO CAPS!!!

Celegus

Born and raised in Pittsburgh, so I'm a Pens fan too! My house is literally a mile from the arena. Though I haven't been following them as much lately, but glad they're doing good!

tuffymon

I didn't think it was possible... but someone actually had a gear setup / tm's to solo the new trial with Ling >.>;

2 slots available as well, 622 464 324

kaitain19

I just finished Olderion storyline today and something really bugs me:

Why does everyone keeps referring Veritas of Waters with male pronouns? She is a woman, isn't she? Even worse is the fact that they did get her gender right the first time, during her appearance in Lake Dorr.

Malakhov

Banned
They haven't delayed any of the above. WoL and Garland will be the next update units this months(early next one). One goat said they were next, everyone else followed, while Lasswell came first in JPN.
JP had WoL for ifrit's raid and the dark espers trial, we dont, so he's delayed in my books.

Malakhov

Banned
I'm from Montreal so obviously a big hockey and especially Habs fan here. Surprised to see the pens leading 3-0 so far, with all their injuries, it's very impressive. On my side, just happy the Habs scored with less than 20 seconds left last game to tie it and win in OT then another win tonight. We're now leading the series 2-1, quite a momentum shift.

desverger

It's a balancing act, for sure.

If players can dump their energy too quickly, then they don't become engaged with the game.

On the other hand, if it takes an hour plus to dump energy efficiently, then players will perceive the game as a slog. That's also bad.

For me, part of the event being a "miss" in terms of performance is that the most efficient dungeon to farm eggs is a 6 EN floor. With close to 120 EN at max, that is a crapload of runs for me to get rid of my energy stockpile 2-3x daily, and can take almost an hour.

Aintnoonegottimeforthat.jpg

Conversely, the devs have stated that events are generally fine-tuned to newer players (trials and ELTs being the exception to the rule). As such, the 6 EN floor being the most efficient might be a nod towards allowing lower ranked players to farm somewhat efficiently in this event. Still, the effect of that is making the grind for longer-term accounts very uncomfortable.

IMO, the devs should have made a 12-13 point floor from Zoldaad (as none exist yet in Mysidia on Global) that had the same effective egg drop rates as the Snow Planes. That would have solved a lot of grind problems many vets are experiencing in this event.

Yeah, agreed fully. It's kinda like they didn't know what the most efficient stage would be, and just threw the egg farming out there.

Personally I'd been totally fine with the egg drops being based only on the amount of energy spent. Now there's all sorts of weird calculations, like bosses having a 100% drop of eggs, which is part of the reason that notorious 6 NRG stage is the best one to run. Also, why do later stages drop more? Was that some motivation for players to complete more of the story?

I've also ran this event almost exclusively on Nox. I have a macro that completes the best stage with 1 click of a button. Even with that setup, it still takes quite a while to spend my energy, go through the hundreds and hundreds of egg summons, sort all the units and so on.

A poorly balanced event for sure, also overdesigned and overcomplicated. At least the rewards are good. If not, this event would be a total bust.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah, agreed fully. It's kinda like they didn't know what the most efficient stage would be, and just threw the egg farming out there.

Personally I'd been totally fine with the egg drops being based only on the amount of energy spent. Now there's all sorts of weird calculations, like bosses having a 100% drop of eggs, which is part of the reason that notorious 6 NRG stage is the best one to run. Also, why do later stages drop more? Was that some motivation for players to complete more of the story?

I've also ran this event almost exclusively on Nox. I have a macro that completes the best stage with 1 click of a button. Even with that setup, it still takes quite a while to spend my energy, go through the hundreds and hundreds of egg summons, sort all the units and so on.

A poorly balanced event for sure, also overdesigned and overcomplicated. At least the rewards are good. If not, this event would be a total bust.
I was doing invincible exterior and PoP. What's that 6 NRG stage you're talking about?

LucaMac

Capped all my espers for the first time and still plenty of magicite left over. Big fan of this event. One more moogle for Freyvias (thats how I'm spelling it because thats how it comes out when I read it) needle too. Fair bit of grind alright but a billion times less painful and far more rewarding than mogcakes.

Alkez

I don't know where you all live but I like how everyone is supporting teams from the East lool.

I'm from Montreal so obviously a big hockey and especially Habs fan here. Surprised to see the pens leading 3-0 so far, with all their injuries, it's very impressive. On my side, just happy the Habs scored with less than 20 seconds left last game to tie it and win in OT then another win tonight. We're now leading the series 2-1, quite a momentum shift.

Yeah not going to lie we kind of scraped through last nights game. Defence just went to pot in the begining but managed to pull it back with some strong offence. Pleased to be up 3-0. Really gives the team and the fans confidence.

Man these Habs Rangers games have been putting me on edge. I do not like the Rangers and I have money on the Habs to take the series, but that game 2 was too close for my liking lol. Yesterday was a good win for you guys though.

Rooting for the Cavs. Bron better flip the switch, or it'll be too late.

Right now I'm mostly interested on the Harden Westbrook match up! WB will win mvp, but my personal choice is Harden.

I know right! It was looking alright then suddenly it just all went out the window. Expecting to see a strong showing tonight. That being said I think there used to be this stat about LeBron always losing game 1s in the playoffs (though that might have been the Heat's Big 3, I can't remember) so maybe that loss was to be expected.

Edit: nvm I was clearly too tired when I watched the highlights lol.

I think the matchup I'm most interesting in is the Clippers Jazz. Good win for the Jazz the other night and have a good shot at taking this series.

Alkez

Did anyone get this notification about screenshotting the Ariana fight? I just got it today after I've already fought the event. I'm wondering if I can just do the 5 NRG fight to get the prizes.

Nikokuno

Did anyone get this notification about screenshotting the Ariana fight? I just got it today after I've already fought the event. I'm wondering if I can just do the 5 NRG fight to get the prizes.

Didn't know about that. What's the deal?

@Valentus : I can not play your last video (DA Trials)!

Sabres fan here... Haha

Xion86

Yeah I got it today after the update and logging in. Haven't done anything about it yet though.

Hmmm wonder when I'm going to get an exciting Daily, or at least a Gold. Been so long.

c-murph

Finally got vestment of mind.

Man that gatcha was stingy with those moogles, meanwhile giving me a shit ton of Frieza's moogle.

Pretty sure it worked in reverse with Fry's being the most common, followed patches and then Vestment. At least that seemed to be my experience.

Rokuren

Pretty sure it worked in reverse with Fry's being the most common, followed patches and then Vestment. At least that seemed to be my experience.
Was my experience too. Ended up with 210% for fry, 145% for Xon, and 100% for Aiden.

Seemed like a dick move on their part.

Kumquat

Soooo for this egg event I have a ton of materials to play around with. What items should I be focused on crafting?

FYI main team is ExDeath, Chizuru, Firion, Refia, Cecil and I just pulled Xon not too long ago.

Alkez

Yeah I got it today after the update and logging in. Haven't done anything about it yet though.

Hmmm wonder when I'm going to get an exciting Daily, or at least a Gold. Been so long.

I know that feeling. I've stopped dailies for this week. Waiting till Friday to resume.

Was my experience too. Ended up with 210% for fry, 145% for Xon, and 100% for Aiden.

Yuuupp, exactly my experience too lol.

bonkeng

Soooo for this egg event I have a ton of materials to play around with. What items should I be focused on crafting?

FYI main team is ExDeath, Chizuru, Firion, Refia, Cecil and I just pulled Xon not too long ago.

2nd Knife and Cold Snap are must haves.

Bandana and Icy Vein are good replacement if you don't have enough atk gears.

The rest are optional.

im gonna make bandanas to replace my aging green berets

just macroing eggs this entire easter weekend

hoping to to get the last of the pure crysts before the event ends and enough burst pots to take my boy Randi off the bench

Alkez

Bandana and Icy Vein are good replacement if you don't have enough atk gears.

Bandana is great for Refia as well as she doesn't innately resist sleep.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Any surprise 3 or 4 star characters I should consider leveling? I'm running out of guys to level up in the Dark Esper trial...currently scraping the bottom of the barrel by leveling up a team of Edgars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom