• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

Guaranteed 5 star banners are once only, a Golden Week special.

Her TM is stupid top-tier btw. It's a hat that has 45 attack. A HAT. It's the best attack headpiece in the game currently.

Always stay classy and you never know when you have to slay some monster. Maybe in you free time outfit or running around in a cat costume.

Kouriozan

Just realized that Global don't have the assistant Moogle telling you the strat yet!

OZTcpNQ.png

Also Kefka so easy, you can do it with only Shine and Cecil! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8s8E-gGpg

tuffymon

Kefka's attacks are SUPPOSE to be random at the start right? of his 7 hits, 4 went to Refia (in a row mind you), and 3 to friend Marie... like what?

Guaranteed 5 star banners are once only, a Golden Week special.

Her TM is stupid top-tier btw. It's a hat that has 45 attack. A HAT. It's the best attack headpiece in the game currently.
Wow that is great. I hadnt even looked at it yet. I really like her LB too. Wasn't who I was hoping for but she should really help out my team. Guess I'll pull on support now!

I'll probably never get him in GL now, but fuck yes

tuffymon

need someone with passive provoke or just make sure your raiser has enough hp!

I'm more talking about what's the actual odds for that to happen? I recovered from that, but died later, he went weak to dark the round before he raged... soooooo >.> obviously I threw everything at him that round (and he charmed the tank at the start so it's not like I could use someone else to heal), wiped to his angry super ultimate physical aoe attack /shrug I'll try again when I have 15 more energy~

Kouriozan

Waw, Lid's dialogue
after her super move in that cutscene
is tame in the French translation like "don't listen to him", saw the English cutscene and waw.
She don't even say
DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!
, me so sad right now.

Kefka down. Marie (and I'm sure Minfilia too) really does make it so much easier. She's been the MVP of like, the last however many bosses.

Hardest part was filling the summon gauge. I could've used Garnet, probably in lieu of my Noctis, but I just didn't feel like equipping a new party.

Syntsui

Pulled Luneth on a reroll. Is this a keeper? It's not the Trance Terra I was hoping for but its the only rainbow I've seen so far.

He sucks right now compared to the new 5* units and will only be redeemed with very expensive enhancements. I guess he is great for beginners due to innate DW, but honestly if you want to start with the best in the long term, fuck him and fuck Lightning.

You should settle with at least one of these 5*:
-Noctis (most versatile unit by far, he does literally everything, he gets much better with DW but doesn't require it at all to help you begin the game)
-Orlandu (he requeires several TMs to be good so idk about starting with him, anyway he is the most broken unit right now)
-Olive (another one that requires several TMs to be good, she is the best finisher in the game)

Great 4* to begin with:
-Setzer (random damage, ailments, debuffs)
-WoL (great tank and will have AoE debuffs in the near LOL future)
-Luka (best healer with no dualcast)
-Refia(best healer with dualcast)
-Snow (great tank, great damage dealer, counters like a mofo)
-Agrias (debuffs, tanks decently and will be a mini Orlandu soon)

Great 3* to begin with:
-Cecil (great tank, heals and has one of the best LBs)
-CoD (very versatile, has AoE esuna)
-Bartz (very versatile damage dealer and becomes a mana battery)
-Krille (decent healer with innate DC)
-EXdeath (decent mage with innate DC)

There is a plethora of trash units with GREAT TMs that you absolutely need to consider keeping though, so show us all your units before selling or fusing someone.

i'd reroll. he's kinda on the low end of 5*

Thanks, I'll keep shooting for something better then.

He sucks right now compared to the new 5* units and will only be redeemed with very expensive enhancements. I guess he is great for beginners due to innate DW, but honestly if you want to start with the best in the long term, fuck him and fuck Lightning.

You should settle with at least one of these 5*:
-Noctis (most versatile unit by far, he does literally everything, he gets much better with DW but doesn't require it at all to help you begin the game)
-Orlandu (he requeires several TMs to be good so idk about starting with him, anyway he is the most broken unit right now)
-Olive (another one that requires several TMs to be good, she is the best finisher in the game)

Great 4* to begin with:
-Setzer (random damage, ailments, debuffs)
-WoL (great tank and will have AoE debuffs in the near LOL future)
-Luka (best healer with no dualcast)
-Refia(best healer with dualcast)
-Snow (great tank, great damage dealer, counters like a mofo)
-Agrias (debuffs, tanks decently and will be a mini Orlandu soon)

Great 3* to begin with:
-Cecil (great tank, heals and has one of the best LBs)
-CoD (very versatile, has AoE esuna)
-Bartz (very versatile damage dealer and becomes a mana battery)
-Krille (decent healer with innate DC)
-EXdeath (decent mage with innate DC)

There is a plethora of trash units with GREAT TMs that you absolutely need to consider keeping though, so show us all your units before selling or fusing someone.

Ah damn, I think I've been pulling on the wrong banner going for Trance Terra then. Take it I should switch to the rare banner by the sounds of it? I dunno why but the visual flair on Terra kinda made me assume she'd be pretty top end.

Syntsui

Thanks, I'll keep shooting for something better then.

Ah damn, I think I've been pulling on the wrong banner going for Trance Terra then. Take it I should switch to the rare banner by the sounds of it? I dunno why but the visual flair on Terra kinda made me assume she'd be pretty top end.

I have bad news, all those characters are off-banner and will be for the longest time, so it doesn't matter what banner you pull on, their rates will be the same (very very low x.x).

We also just had a Player's Choice banner with some of those units as well as a free 11 banner >.>

Trance Terra is one of the best mages easily, the problem is... mages usually suck for the content they have been releasing and they require a lot of gear to do any considerable damage (we have received a lot of good rods for free from events already, so I don't know if we will keep getting them though).

tuffymon

I know someone posted up above the void vessel doing extra damage and assuming it did extra due to maneater, I can assure you that's not the case, either it can randomly critical, or something else is affecting it (I had 2 units toss with maneater in my second bout for the 106k or 108k whatever... Anything to do to help reduce the damage on ultima? I had shellga and love you all up and still took a whooping 5-6k across the board...

Man, that void vessel strat is so good. Those and Setzer were the mvps that fight. Setzer's Prizmatic Flash made it somewhat easy to fill up the Esper bar

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Beat the clown event...after an hour lol. Maybe bringing Noctis and a friend Setzer, both with no elemental weapons, wasn't the smartest choice.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If they have an elemental weapon, you won't be able to build Esper gauge.

Yeah, that's why I went that direction. Got both espers out pretty quickly but then dealt with having to wait to deal decent damage / land the limit break finisher. It was painful to see the def debuff go up but then Noctis happened to be killed prior.

tuffymon

The other elemental items do 11800, use a few to soften him and than trounce him on the darkness one... ill try again later for the robe, if by chance i don't get it, oh well~

lightning with barrage fills the esper gauge pretty nicely

Lyrian

Waw, Lid's dialogue
after her super move in that cutscene
is tame in the French translation like "don't listen to him", saw the English cutscene and waw.
She don't even say
DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!
, me so sad right now.

Yoooooo Lid and that drop kick!!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!! I'm fucking dead! LOLOLOL Lid is amazing.

What, the follow-up threat by Lid to Rain that if he followed Jake's advice, that she would
sew his balls together
didn't do it for you either, lol?

And... you didn't grasp the hidden meaning behind Lid telling Jake
that he played with unicorns
, either?

Lid's brutal :)

Malakhov

Banned
Crap, I killed Kefk with setzer in one round, didn't think he'd kill him that fast. Didn't have time to summon anything nor even use an item. Will retry later lol

Lyrian

And the new story content is 100%-ed. 118 quests in the book now :)

Craftables are very meh, but I like the two very lovely new resist items (Cat Ear Hood + Dragon Shield) which should make Kefka a bit easier. Will try him in the morning.

tuffymon

And the new story content is 100%-ed. 118 quests in the book now :)

Craftables are very meh, but I like the two very lovely new resist items (Cat Ear Hood + Dragon Shield) which should make Kefka a bit easier. Will try him in the morning.

Well damn, good bye force shield...

Rixa

CoD Void Vessel with Diabolos does over 200k damage. Too bad I don't have GS mastery, would equip Deathbringer and Man-Eater Materia.

I made mistake, evoking Odin instead Diabolos lol. Also this get enough orb rng bullshit :D

Kouriozan

I know someone posted up above the void vessel doing extra damage and assuming it did extra due to maneater, I can assure you that's not the case, either it can randomly critical, or something else is affecting it (I had 2 units toss with maneater in my second bout for the 106k or 108k whatever... Anything to do to help reduce the damage on ultima? I had shellga and love you all up and still took a whooping 5-6k across the board...
I'm assuming CoD special man-eater has something to do with it, so maybe it's magical man-eater affecting the vessels damage?

tuffymon

I'm assuming CoD special man-eater has something to do with it, so maybe it's magical man-eater affecting the vessels damage?

I've hit for the absurd 200k~ twice (2 of 3 fights), I'm just not sure who/which triggered it... Lightning with maneater? Gilga with diabolos? or Ling with her trained assassin /shrug

Rixa

I've hit for the absurd 200k~ twice (2 of 3 fights), I'm just not sure who/which triggered it... Lightning with maneater? Gilga with diabolos? or Ling with her trained assassin /shrug

CoD with Diabolos. Now I will add Man-Eater materia to CoD and test it again.

LucaMac

I read the arena monthly rewards wrong...I've been in the top 30k since it came out for nothing when top 90k gives the moogle? Ffs. I thought >90k was only a 5% one. The amount of wasted life on that absolute timesink of a painful experience...just 5 runs a day for the lapis from now on so...

Malakhov

Banned
Killed him again in one shot with setzer equipped with a coral sword/flametongue and man-eater materia.

Just had to sit and wait to be able to summon both espers. Marie dual casting protectga/shellga and then dual casting barfiraga etc.. Was pretty easy.

Shared Marie if anyone needs her, balanced her for HP/mana/resists/spr since she's equipped with a healing staff and can cast dual cura in case of emergency.

tuffymon

CoD with Diabolos. Now I will add Man-Eater materia to CoD and test it again.

I get it, but of my three fights, I didn't bring CoD, I brought a Marie instead, hence I'm not sure who is triggering it, at best only 1 trigger it whenever I used items (2 + 3 normal would kill the target)

Rixa

This in JP, King Mog stuff:

Extra:

100,000: 5% Trust Moogle to: Dark Veritas [Max:1]
100,000: 5% Trust Moogle to: Gilgamesh [Max:1]
100,000: 5% Trust Moogle to: Chizuru [Max:1]
8,000: 5% Trust Moogle to: Ludmille [Max:1]
8,000: 5% Trust Moogle to: Cecil [Max:1]
8,000: 5% Trust Moogle to: Vaan [Max:1]
500: 5% Trust Moogle to: Russell [Max:1]
500: 5% Trust Moogle to: Anzelm [Max:1]
500: 5% Trust Moogle to: Shadow [Max:1]

Maybe this works in JP (no TM farming)
But, the amount of hilarious shitposts if they bring this to global :D

Shouta

I doubt 7-star is coming soon as the current power curve and challenges wouldn't really make it worthwhile for them to do so.

Wait, wtf. They're making Dual-Wield available in the Mog King for a measly 12,000 currency? Hot damn, lol.

tuffymon

I doubt 7-star is coming soon as the current power curve and challenges wouldn't really make it worthwhile for them to do so.

Wait, wtf. They're making Dual-Wield available in the Mog King for a measly 12,000 currency? Hot damn, lol.

Sounds great until you notice you're only getting 106 with 350% bonus >.>;

fionel

I remember when Lightning was first awakened to 6* she was able to steamroll everything and then very soon after that power creep happened quickly as she made a world of difference with some of the contents. I think they could make it happen if they so desired, but whether it would be something acceptable by us users is another story.

Shouta

Sounds great until you notice you're only getting 106 with 350% bonus >.>;

It hasn't been that bad in ages for JP though. =P It's what 200~ for Kakusei/ELT? 300% usually nets me about 800 per run.

Also, I got my 100% moogle from the story. MMMMM

Edit: Emergency maintenance, LOL.

tuffymon

I remember when Lightning was first awakened to 6* she was able to steamroll everything and then very soon after that power creep happened quickly as she made a world of difference with some of the contents. I think they could make it happen if they so desired, but whether it would be something acceptable by us users is another story.

I still remember when we got the tower of babel event and ziss? had 5 lightnings and just autoattacked >.>; they would do something silly like 55 hit combos and 1 shot everything~

oh that nice 100% moogle, thats so dreamy...

Malakhov

Banned
Yshtola - carbuncle - for heals 4.5k hp. Having healer with auto refresh is so god damn awesome and really exploits the fact that Refia's days are numbered.
Weird, never had mana problems with Refia and now we even have the vestment of mind. I don't really like Yshtola, her lack of full life annoys me. With Refia, often she got me out of trouble with dual casting full life and using Cecil to dual cast curaja as the backup healer.

Syntsui

I appreciate the fact they are making some TMs easily accessible. Macros completely fucked the game's power curve and nothing can change that without fucking people that don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom