• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

I should put up my carry CoD again just like the first time around! (not actually gonna since Yun is more useful for Titan)

Rixa

I remember having severe problems clearing tower of babel, can't wait to steam roll those fuckers.

Babel event done. Funny how when this event first came around it was so brutal with the 4 boss fight then Golbez crazy ass. Took me quite a few tries before I beat it.

It is SUCH a steamroll!

Good combination of nostalgia and power tripping!

I should put up my carry CoD again just like the first time around! (not actually gonna since Yun is more useful for Titan)

Oh the memories when Lightning friend (remember the time when L equipped with Barrage) was way to go.

Screenshot_20161014-221123.png
Screenshot_20161014-221207.png
Screenshot_20161014-221552.png

Now to take same party (ok my Chiz is still 5*) with TM roided. I think I rather just steam roll it with my main party.

Kouriozan

Babel event done. Funny how when this event first came around it was so brutal with the 4 boss fight then Golbez crazy ass. Took me quite a few tries before I beat it.

I remember that video about 6 Lightning auto attacking and killing everyone in one turn with excaliburs element chaining.
Sadly I couldn't find it again >.<

Also, memories about when this event first dropped :

Well...
Personally don't want Dark Knight Cecil, just a regular one will do.
DESIR SENSOR ACTIVATED, CHANCES TO GET DARK KNIGHT CECIL : 100%

vuUw7gql.jpg

Gumi, please T-T
The days we were proud about our Warrior of Light

HCMT8r1l.png

There is definitely something about me and my last turns looking like absolute disaster, see my Titan clear for a recent example >.<

linkent

Two Dualcasts is probably enough, especially since we've entered the "everyone has innate dualcast" and "WoL 6* soon!!!" period.

2 is Definitely enough. I made 2 Dual Casts when Ludmille came last summer and havent needed more. One DC for Cecil and one for Refia. Of you need another healer in 10 man trial, use Y'shtola. I did use Ysh & Ref in Titan trial so its good to have 2 healers anyways.

Guess i will merge it tonight then.
another 4% for each to be done.
3x L&A next!

Lyrian

Running off to nearly late to work, so going to shorthand this...

Link

IT'S TIME.

Happening.GIF
JurassicParkWaterRumbling.GIF
DanteFilledWithLight.PNG

And so on....

Everyone on Exvius-GAF called it correctly :)

Kouriozan

Let's see if my other guess will be right.
So, this week FF XIV raid, next week probably Mog King so Brave Frontier? (June 9)
Then first story event June 16 to coincide with enhancement batch 3 (that will include Elza, perfect since it's week 2 of Brave Frontier), and we'll be 11 days away from the anniversary!

What I said 3 weeks ago is about to happen.
Would be crazy to get Brave Frontier part 2 and Elza enhancements + WoL and Tilith 6* + potentially Ramza enhancement the same month. And of course our first story event.
June will be interesting!

Syntsui

I also got my first legit 5* on that event, I remember doing 2x11 to get a lot of Cecils and didn't get a single one LOL. I was even salty to get DKC at the time which speaks volumes about his shitness.

Edit: If we get Ramza enhancements this week I'll immediately +2 his chant, it feels good to have all the crysts already.

Got all I needed from Giant of Babel. Man I really hope they keep doing this.

Though I suspect it will just be exploration events...

With the Babel moogle I was able to get Sparky completed and now my Olive is over 900 atk!

WoL 6* finally coming too?!

c-murph

Another Yosh... Up to 9 in total now...

Did a daily too. Got Shine No.6... but I'm only 50% through Shine No.5!

Edit: If we get Ramza enhancements this week I'll immediately +2 his chant, it feels good to have all the crysts already.

I feel the same way about WoL 6* Enhancements. Collected pretty much everything I need to +2 everything he has... Whenever they drop like a year from now.

bonkeng

Everybody wants WoL. But I wonder how big a game changer he truly is. If I remember correctly, he was still on par with Cecil on his 6* awakening in JP. Only when his enhancements came that he truly became the God of Tanks.

The real game changer would be Ramza's enhancements.

Alkez

Giant of Babel...damn. I barely lost the first time I did this back in the day. Golbez had like a pixel of health. Hated this fight because there was so much RNG to it. Looking forward to kicking ass this time round lol.

SUBiKLAl.png

across

Everybody wants WoL. But I wonder how big a game changer he truly is. If I remember correctly, he was still on par with Cecil on his 6* awakening in JP. Only when his enhancements came that he truly became the God of Tanks.

Yeah. I've honestly been looking at all the feverish desire for WoL6 over the last month or so with a bit of bemusement. I'll awaken him and he'll be a cool tool in the toolbox and everything but...

... to be honest, I'm far more interested in what is going to happen with Garland. WoL isn't getting any GL-specific buffs, I think we can pretty safely say, even with him having been pushed back a bit. But Garland seems like a fair candidate for them, both from not being that attractive to begin with and also the absence of Doublehand stacking in GL.

edit: I can see the people lacking chain-builder DPS caring a lot about and benefitting a lot from WoL6 but if you already have Orlandeau/Aileen/Fryevia it seems like a fairly minor event.

What setting do I need to change to be able to feed 4* units to themselves? I turned off unit protection but that didn't help. I need to get rid of some of these FFXIV characters.

c-murph

But b-but... Ramza won't drop for me. Instead I get stupid Cid and Aileen. :'(
lul.

across

What setting do I need to change to be able to feed 4* units to themselves? I turned off unit protection but that didn't help. I need to get rid of some of these FFXIV characters.

When unit protection is turned on, each unit is automatically locked as it's summoned. Turning it off just means units you summon after that point aren't locked. So you'll need to manually go into each of their status screens (View Units ->) and unlock them.

Kouriozan

It's going to be a big changer for me, I lack a strong breaker, highest I have is Ramza's 40% but it's either ATK or MAG, WoL combine both at 45% (and also DEF/SPR)

Lyrian

Baby steps. He has to get his 6 star form before he can get his enhancements. One step closer...

Kouriozan

30k free Lapis milestone achieved (yeah I still didn't buy that 13€ bundle)

JRDfp6Bl.jpg

I can taste the Onion already!
Just hope I'll get Rikku with my 4* ticket (25% chances)

Dandte

What is the perfect spot for Eileen chaining? Since she has movement in her attack i guessed it wold be like this but it feels like it isn't ideal.

Whoah that's crazy Kourio. Meanhwile i'm at 1 ticket, 2 4* and 6500 Lapis. Everytime i get tickets i use them for instant regrets.

3rd dual wield, soul of thamassa, 2nd arsha talisman, and second vanille TM will be done by the end of the day. Then it's onto the 6 shines and 2 Abels I have sitting around. When done cooking that should bring me to 8 Quick Assaults!

Regarding WOL vs Cecil. For me it's about having that 100% draw tank and just a change of pace. Cecil is great at what he does but him and WOL are different in a few ways as well.

Zalasta

I don't understand why HP damage is capped at 999 in the arena but MP is not. Rem's siphon delta almost always drain the entire MP from all units, which basically means you already lost the match. Yet another example this game fails to adjust and balance abilities between pve and pvp.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Chiming in to complain that unit-specific equip is bad enough when it's for a terrible unit, but my god not labeling it on the description is bulllllllllshit

WoL would have made all the difference in this trial being able to cover the role of AoE tank and a breaker. 30% break just doesn't cut it, when are they gonna bring Noctis to JP level dammnit.

Kouriozan

I don't understand why HP damage is capped at 999 in the arena but MP is not. Rem's siphon delta almost always drain the entire MP from all units, which basically means you already lost the match. Yet another example this game fails to adjust and balance abilities between pve and pvp.

Arena in general is just poorly balanced, Alim is probably too lazy to change it.

Dandte

WoL would have made all the difference in this trial being able to cover the role of AoE tank and a breaker. 30% break just doesn't cut it, when are they gonna bring Noctis to JP level dammnit.

Thats a perfect example for flipping a coin to know what you desire. Started with WoL only ro realize you want JP Noctis.

Dang. 4 rainbow blooms short of getting Y'shtola to 6*

When unit protection is turned on, each unit is automatically locked as it's summoned. Turning it off just means units you summon after that point aren't locked. So you'll need to manually go into each of their status screens (View Units ->) and unlock them.

Thanks. Guess I may as well turn it off and lock them manually instead.

Pejo

Gold Member
To paraphrase:

Gumi Dev: Here's a pic of us working on shiznit that you've been asking for!

Random BE Gamer: If it's WoL 6* I might just cry!

Gumi Dev: Better grab your tissues then!!

Thanks for this. Don't play with my heart Gumi, gimme WoL6.

FFBE has been on TM farm mode for me, the past few days. Finally making some good progress. Tonight I need to spend a bunch of raid/arena coins and try to max out a 2nd Setzer so I can take on the Titan trial. Going to go with 2 Setzer chain into an Aileen or something. I could probably do it now in a few tries, but that 40NRG is better suited to TM farming until I'm sure I could beat it.

Question - other than 2 Orlandus (I don't even have 1 yet), which character is best for self-chaining? 2 Setzer, 2 Chiz, or 2 C. Luna? I'm thinking Setzer because he is 6* max, has both a ST and AoE chain skill, but I know Phantom Shadow is pretty good too.

tuffymon

I have all the t4s for both the light is with us +2 AND brave presence +2, just missing 3 t5s to do it >.>; I'm kinda excited to get both upgrades, maybe I'll end up sharing WoL for awhile~

Xion86

Dang. 4 rainbow blooms short of getting Y'shtola to 6*

Thanks. Guess I may as well turn it off and lock them manually instead.

Keep an eye out on the Daily Specials that you can buy with Gil :) there was a Rainbow Bloom the other day. Hopefully you end up getting some more soon though.

Love that the Tower of Babel has returned, looking forward to going through that again with my new team. Revenge time.

evangd007

As someone without Ling and whose only 6* breaker is the suicidal Rain, WoL 6* will make a big difference for me. Right now I'm considering Cupid Luna to break on Titan Trial.

Muku

Woot woot. ELT Babel completed this time, hahaha. RNG last time was too much. Orlandu now though.... ate through that place.

Excalibur GET!

Edit: Was thinking of Black Cowl next... but would I get more out of Blade Mastery vs Black Cowl at the moment? Pimping out my 'landu now is kinda fun. :3

across

Edit: Was thinking of Black Cowl next... but would I get more out of Blade Mastery vs Black Cowl at the moment? Pimping out my 'landu now is kinda fun. :3

Considerably more. I don't know the exact loadout of your Orlandeau, but looking at a likely setup (Genji Blade + Excal, Black Bandana, Demon Mail, 2x Ruler Ring, Large Sword Mastery, ATK+30%, Dual Wield, ATK+15%), replacing the ATK+15% with Blade Mastery gets you an extra 66 attack, whereas Black Bandana -> Black Cowl is 16.

Is it worth having more than a single Y'shtola? I was going to keep a back up just in case but I'm up to four now and I figure I'll never need 4 white mages.

Keep an eye out on the Daily Specials that you can buy with Gil :) there was a Rainbow Bloom the other day. Hopefully you end up getting some more soon though.

Love that the Tower of Babel has returned, looking forward to going through that again with my new team. Revenge time.

Oh good point. It would be nice to get it done before the mog event rolls round again. I'm pretty sure I could take ELT Titan with some consistency if I could get her in the party. I'm already very close to doing it but it falls apart when Lukas regen dies and I can't afford to rebuff at that point.

Muku

Considerably more. I don't know the exact loadout of your Orlandeau, but looking at a likely setup (Genji Blade + Excal, Black Bandana, Demon Mail, 2x Ruler Ring, Large Sword Mastery, ATK+30%, Dual Wield, ATK+15%), replacing the ATK+15% with Blade Mastery gets you an extra 66 attack, whereas Black Bandana -> Black Cowl is 16.

Okay, that's what I figure. Thank you. :)

I haven't bothered much with higher end rings. But to be honest.... yep. Don't have Rulers Ring yet. That's what I thought. 1 trophy away. Working towards more but none are close. Go figure.

Large Sword Mastery I feel like will be out of my league for a while. I'll try working on lower ends for that soon. And I swear to god I thought I got Demon Mail.... but says New. So I've never done March of the Beasts. x_x Guess once I get 35RNG I'll go run that. Will be doable because I've already done it on alt if I recall right. -Apparently not. I think I am losing my mind. x_x

Pejo

Gold Member
So I'm looking on the unit calculator to make a perfect evasion Ling. Is she still the easiest to 100%? I'm seeing i can get to 105 by just equipping her with Ring of Lucii, 20 sided die, Vampire cloak, and a single Evade materia.

Noctis looks tougher to gear up, and I'm not even sure which other characters can be built for 100%. I think Chizuru and Lightning maybe?

Nikokuno

Second Dual Wield done, going to work on Letters and arms for Fryevia now. Abel's sit at 61% now, I think I'm good with Dual Wield equipment for the moment.

creid

So annoyed that FFXIV event is back already. I didn't hold on to my extra Y'shtola moogles because I thought the 2nd event would be like 10 months later. Also now kicking myself for being too lazy to make a Second Knife (even though I've got 2 or 3 DWs) - seems like it's helpful when Setzer is using Dice.

Rixa

So I'm looking on the unit calculator to make a perfect evasion Ling. Is she still the easiest to 100%? I'm seeing i can get to 105 by just equipping her with Ring of Lucii, 20 sided die, Vampire cloak, and a single Evade materia.

Noctis looks tougher to gear up, and I'm not even sure which other characters can be built for 100%. I think Chizuru and Lightning maybe?

Those yeah. My Noc has:

- 3x Quick Assault
- Assasin's Vest
- Kiyomori
- Swordbreaker
- Ring of Lucii

Rest item slots:
- Jeweled Ring
- Dual Wield
- Black Cowl

With Golem attack is "whopping" 615 :p.

robotuw

Is Lightning the only character who can solo Gilg so far? I don't think you can fit 100% evade, safety bit, and a light weapon on any else. Or am I wrong?

Pejo

Gold Member
Those yeah. My Noc has:

- 3x Quick Assault
- Assasin's Vest
- Kiyomori
- Swordbreaker
- Ring of Lucii

Rest item slots:
- Jeweled Ring
- Dual Wield
- Black Cowl

With Golem attack is "whopping" 615 :p.

A lot better than the Ling i'm building will have, lol. Thanks for the info!

If I'm thinking correctly, the only status effects that negate evasion is Paralyze and Stop right? or does Sleep do it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom