• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever they do.... DON'T GIVE IT TO THE SAME COMPANY THAT HANDLES FFX/X-2 HD lol

and hopefully the fix certain weapon animation delay for Balthier & Fran

stryke

The phrasing heard by several people (including two gaffers that are on location) was "remake" but because I assume the composers Arnie Roth and Hitoshi Sakimoto aren't technically minded so it could just be a remaster.
(This is what I believe.)

Yeah, people are getting way to hung over the word "remake". We know what they meant.

It's best to assume it's a remaster. Also I assume it's the Zodiac Job System version because of the precedent with KH Final Mixes and FFX International in the HD remasters.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
What if FFVII 'Remake' also actually means 'Remastered' o_O

You go Square-Enix Japan!

I agree, they probably meant remaster, but we've been waiting for this. Hopefully it's IZJS as expected.

Whatever they do.... DON'T GIVE IT TO THE SAME COMPANY THAT HANDLES FFX/X-2 HD lol

and hopefully the fix certain weapon animation delay for Balthier & Fran

More importantly, please don't rush the facial animation work. I hope they took their time on it to get it right.

The International version of XII has a job system and I don't think you can change jobs once you've made your decision. Can't imagine that will go down well with some people.

Ah okay, I can definitely see how that'd be undesirable.

Considering nearly every HD remaster out there tends to use the content definitive releases of games as bases for the port, it'll probably be a remaster of that version.

Played a decent chunk of FFX but stopped for some reason

Played an hour or two of FFXII but had to return it since it was my friend's.

I am excited for this. I think the no random battles also encourages me to make the purchase.

Most people prefer X, right? Maybe I should play that...

Amandeep

Wow, did not expect to see this on Gaf at 2:30 am. So excited for this! XII had some incredible world building and it'll be great to finally be able to play it again after all this time!!!!!!!!!!!

SkyOdin

I'm willing to bet on an HD remaster of the Zodiac Job version of the game, maybe with some other minor tweaks. Nothing earth-shattering, but good for fans of the game and newcomers interested in playing it on modern consoles.

MUnited83

For you.
Of course it is a remaster. And if it comes with the extra content not released originally in the west, then that's a fucking GOTY right there. There's no real need for a remake btw, considering how ridiculously good the game already looks.

Roto13

Out of curiosity, any particular reason why you'd want to? I was under the impression that the International version of XII was an improvement in many aspects. (I've only ever played an hour or two of XII)

I don't want to use the job system. I like the license board the way it is. Also I don't want to run into any stupid overpowered bosses that block off huge chunks of the world like I did in X and X-2 HD. Though I don't know if those even exist in XII International.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom