• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers new trailer.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ShockingAlberto said:
Single player only.

It was pretty boring in single player.
The music was still fantastic and the first time you walk through the miasma...

Blown away!

Halycon said:
The music was still fantastic and the first time you walk through the miasma...

Blown away!
There was one level that required you to combine spells to proceed and it was probably the most frustrating thing in the world hoping that your little son of a bitch moogle partner would cooperate.

Christopher

man I loved the setting for FF:X, I downloaded the trailer off the PSN store yesterday ...ehh I dunno about this one looks weird.

Penguin

Christopher said:
man I loved the setting for FF:X, I downloaded the trailer off the PSN store yesterday ...ehh I dunno about this one looks weird.

Think you want the FF XIII thread.... unless I completely misread that. :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I’m not a fan of Final Fantasy anything so the setting and art don’t really impress me, but gameplay wise I thought this looked pretty fun, at the very least interesting. Being a ‘super hero’ character and getting to use various spells via the Wii Remote really seems like a no-brainer to me, and if they can pull off some solid gameplay I’ll be right there.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
ShockingAlberto said:
There was one level that required you to combine spells to proceed and it was probably the most frustrating thing in the world hoping that your little son of a bitch moogle partner would cooperate.

Well that doesn't sound right at all. I'm pretty sure you could fuse all the spells you needed to progress through the game via your menus, and cast said fused spells just like any others. The moogle pairing was never necessary.

Tathanen said:
Well that doesn't sound right at all. I'm pretty sure you could fuse all the spells you needed to progress through the game via your menus, and cast said fused spells just like any others. The moogle pairing was never necessary.
I thought there was this one section in a later level (the name escapes me, but the boss was a Lich) that required fusions of spells between you and a partner to open gates.

markatisu

ShockingAlberto said:
Single player only.

It was pretty boring in single player.

Well I never said it was the greatest game created, just pointing out it was able to be played single player.

Thats how I remember it, you prepped it all in the menus

CTLance

There was this ancient city/ruin past the river, shortly after the Yuke town. There you had some switches that needed to be hit simultaneously IIRC, which was doable in singleplayer, but still a major pain in the ass to do. Also, doing the whole water spurt thing shortly before the Yuke town was a bit of a hassle in single player.

IIRC.
Prime Blue said:
The big surprise is that most of FFCC's music was completely sequenced, so it really is a great technical accomplishment for its time.
Tracked music > *

PS: I also called him Waigel.
:lol High five!

markatisu

CTLance said:
There was this ancient city/ruin past the river, shortly after the Yuke town. There you had some switches that needed to be hit simultaneously IIRC, which was doable in singleplayer, but still a major pain in the ass to do. Also, doing the whole water spurt thing shortly before the Yuke town was a bit of a hassle in single player.

I guess I just blocked that out since it seems FFCC games are plagued with retarded partner AI (see Ring of Fates and from early reports Echoes of Time as further continuation of that)

CTLance said:
There was this ancient city/ruin past the river, shortly after the Yuke town. There you had some switches that needed to be hit simultaneously IIRC, which was doable in singleplayer, but still a major pain in the ass to do.
This is what I'm thinking of.

So, is this:
FFCC2-4.png

the same character as:
13-1.jpg

this?

They look really similar.

ShockingAlberto said:
I thought there was this one section in a later level (the name escapes me, but the boss was a Lich) that required fusions of spells between you and a partner to open gates.

Rebena Te Ra. Yeah, there were some gates that could only be accessed with a partner but those places were optional.

Fritz

SilverLunar said:
So, is this:

the same character as:

They look really similar.

I think the one with the blue bandana is a guy. He can also be seen in the new trailer in the scene were the Yuke shoots a log at himor something

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Fritz said:
I think the one with the blue bandana is a guy. He can also be seen in the new trailer in the scene were the Yuke shoots a log at himor something
Yup, plus the second character is a girl.

Fritz said:
Yeah I saw him(?) at that part too, I thought that they may be the same.

GoldandBlue said:
No, the top image is a Selkie character.
I have gone many times to wiki to see all of the CC's races, I really can't tell between a Clavat and a Selkie.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
SilverLunar said:
I have gone many times to wiki to see all of the CC's races, I really can't tell between a Clavat and a Selkie.

It's all in the hair and outfit.

Threi said:

Some dude shoots a log at the Yuke, the Yuke puts up a portal and redirects the log into the dude behind him. The dude behind him is that red-haired Selkie dude from that old trailer/screen.

Threi

notag
Tathanen said:
Some dude shoots a log at the Yuke, the Yuke puts up a portal and redirects the log into the dude behind him. The dude behind him is that red-haired Selkie dude from that old trailer/screen.
but the dude....looks like a lady...

poking cow

Neo Member
Wow, surprisingly looks really fun. Didn't have high expectations for this one....but definitely will keep an eye on it :D. If they get the controls right for this, this will be a blast to play :) If they manage to get a proper co-op of some sort going, it'll be a day one purchase.

Holy farking sheet! This game has now surpassed Sin and Punishment 2 as my most anticipated Wii title
that isn't No More Heroes 2

Telekinesis looks boss, and OMG cactuar love. Day one.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
darkhunger said:
Where did you hear that she was involved? Hidenori Iwasaki (co-composer for FFCC) was announced to be this game's composer in 2007. I guess Kumi Tanioka could still be involved, but the trailer music definitely is not in her style.

*cancels pre-order*

KrawlMan

I've watched this trailer about 5-6 times already...and its impressive, but does anybody else feel like the world is sorta plain in comparison to other FF games (at least from this video). It just lacks the environmental and character detail that games like FFXII and even FFX had. Maybe it was a style choice for this game, but it comes off a lil cheap.

...still can't wait for it to come :)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
KrawlMan said:
I've watched this trailer about 5-6 times already...and its impressive, but does anybody else feel like the world is sorta plain in comparison to other FF games (at least from this video). It just lacks the environmental and character detail that games like FFXII and even FFX had. Maybe it was a style choice for this game, but it comes off a lil cheap.

...still can't wait for it to come :)

That's probably because it doesn't have the budget of a mainline FF (although the first Crystal Chronicles' world was pretty vivacious).

Regulus Tera said:
I'm starting a "bring Tanioka back you arseholes!" campaign. :mad:
*goes to Wiki*
The only game i played that she composed for is Chocobo's Dungeon Wii, which doesn't give a clear vision of her work because 90% of that game's soundtrack are remixes of other FF games themes.

....so..uh..as long as the game has a great soundtrack it won't matter who composed for it, am i rite??

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
^And those remixes were done by JOE DOWN.

Kumi Tanioka composed the music for all the other FF:CC games and is a co-composer for Final Fantasy XI.

Regulus Tera said:
*cancels pre-order*
You didn't figure that out from the 07 trailer? :p

I was a little disappointed too, this was her chance to revisit the style she used in the first FF:CC. This title looks pretty different though so I guess they wanted to go for a different style.

Fritz

GamerSoul said:
Man, it still exists.
:eek: and i'm seeing some new looking races.

Someone in this thread mentioned that those could be mixes. Racism could be a neat addition to the plot if thats the case.

Regulus Tera said:
I'm starting a "bring Tanioka back you arseholes!" campaign. :mad:
You say that as if shes gone when she just composed the music for Echoes of Time. :lol
Fritz said:
Someone in this thread mentioned that those could be mixes. Racism could be a neat addition to the plot if thats the case.
Bleh, racism plots in RPGs have been overdone.

Linkup

ah change how refreshing unfortnately some gamers want more of the same, thank goodness they are being ignored

the sooner this releases the better, RG left a bad taste in my mouth :[

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
When can we expect actual news about the game now that this is out?
We still know so little about it...

wsippel

Banned
John Harker said:
When can we expect actual news about the game now that this is out?
We still know so little about it...
I wouldn't be surprised if this weeks Jump or Famitsu had some info. I don't think the game is that far off.

Top Bottom