• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Dimensions coming to iOS on 8/31 [Update: $30]

hongcha

I was interested in this but at $30 you got to be kidding me. Even Chaos Rings 2, which is an awesome game with high quality graphics and music, was $20 on release. That was worth the asking price, but this does not appear to be.

Goli

I was interested in this but at $30 you got to be kidding me. Even Chaos Rings 2, which is an awesome game with high quality graphics and music, was $20 on release. That was worth the asking price, but this does not appear to be.

Well, since the prologue chapter is free everyone can try it and see if they think it's worth $30 or not.
I think it's way too much but oh well, I'm still buying it day one. Yes I know I'm part of the problem.

I think a lot of people will pick this up for $2.99 thinking it's the full game. Most developers have the decency to make the first chapter free in these circumstances.

Goli

I think a lot of people will pick this up for $2.99 thinking it's the full game. Most developers have thee decency to make the first chapter free in these circumstances.

Read the thread? The game's prologue is free, so when you go on iTunes and download it you won't pay a thing, the other chapters are unlocked via IAP after downloading the prologue.

Aeana

I really didn't expect the price to be so high, despite the full thing being 2500 yen in Japan. Big mistake on SE's part.

yeah $30 is really disappointing. I haven't really been buying iOS games lately - do IAP ever go on sale or will this pretty much always be $30?

hongcha

S-E has done sales on their iOS stuff in the past, but not too frequently. I have so much other stuff to play, I'll probably hold out for a sale, unless the prologue is really good.

Zhutchka

Really happy they are giving the Android some love. Don't mind the price - If it's not that good you can just stop playing and don't pay for the remaining episodes.

SE should really consider making 2D games more often but include PSN/XBLA etc. I think there is a giant gap in the market for jRPG 'retro' content.

Chairhome

From the blog, someone posted this: "the original Japanese game is 3 hours per chapter, 40 hours in total. But it looks like for this one after the first chapter, the remaining 11 have been combined into 3 big chapters."

So 40 hours of game for $30. I don't think its a bad proposition. You have just been conditioned to cheap games on mobile.

LOL so the "prologue" is free, which is probably just the all the data for the game engine and the intro to the game and maybe a few min of gameplay. Chapter 1 is $3 and then the rest of the chapters are $10 each. $33 if you buy seperately or $29 if you buy together.

ferr

Not sure why anyone's surprised, it's an episodical game. They're not going to give away the episodes for free.

x-Lundz-x

Hmm, interesting. Final Fantasy on my iPhone? Sign me up!

As long as it's 10 bucks or less.

EDIT:
Missed the second page. 30 dollars? Hell no....

GeekyDad

Damned curious to see what actual sales are like. As much surprise and "fuck nuts" is being expressed in this thread, I have a suspicion it will still sell like fucking hotcakes.

RedSwirl

Honestly, I wish one day someone would try to release a game simultaneously on iOS and 3DS or Vita for the same price and see how sales go then.

Bladenic

Really wanted this. But fuck that price. And it'll probably never go cheaper either... I might try the first chapter since it's cheaper or w/e.

When does it finally hit "undervalued" status for you then? $4, $3, $2, $1? Free? Never? Just curious what you think the right price should be.

Comparable to similar games on the same platform? FFT was released in 1998. I'm sure the cost of porting it to iOS was negligible. Exactly what 'value' am I paying for here?

Top Bottom