• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy III (DS, iOS) coming to PSP

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I didn't like the original version, which I played after the DS version. The DS version had Yoshida art so I was able to get through it once. Not sure if I'll play it again but I might pick it up eventually if it has new content, especially more Yoshida art. It's a bit weird to do a full PSP release after the iOS release though.

raven777

wait so are we getting the 3d remake version that was on NDS/iOS, or a high-res 2D sprite version like FFIVC in psp?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh, the DS version... :(

I think it's a crime that FFIII is the only 2D game in the main series that doesn't have a 2D remake.

This.
And they're still not done announcing "new" PSP games? They could have at least tried a little more and ported it to the Vita.

Edit: The sad thing is I will probably buy this anyway.

wrowa

There's no reason to think it'll be digital only. Japan is still getting quite a few PSP games. It's just America and Europe that won't get it. It'll never leave Japan.

Nah, I'm not saying that because I think that the PSP is dead, but because I have a hard time imagining how SE can justify to charge 3k Yen or more for a game that is available for 1,4k Yen elsewhere.

Of course, there are probably enough fans who gladly give them money. If it's a good idea to rip-off your fanbase is another topic altogether, though.

I would prefer a 2D sprite remake... I played through the DS version because it's the only English version available and it was THE Final Fantasy I'd never finished (I did get about twenty hours through the Japanese version with a huge sheaf of stenciled fan sub that I paid some ungodly amount for way back when, but at some point the pain was too much and the "translation" too confusing for me to continue)... Oh hell, I'll probably rebuy it for the PSP just to have it on my Go/Vita anyway....

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I hear they lost the original source code for III, hence why it was passed over during the PSX & GBA remakes.

That's a pretty shitty excuse. All the game systems are documented. Moreover, a fan did a complete reverse engineering and documentation of the assembly code for FF1--if a company couldn't do the same for their own product, that's an embarrassment. I don't even know NES 6502 and I'd be able to do it if you gave me a few months working 40 hours a week.

Heropon

I don't know why they release this so late, but I suppose it's good to have more options to buy something. Apart from that, I'm not very excited.

Bukana

No thanks,
one of the worst remakes in video game history.
Nonetheless, I will be buying it if it has major improvements.

Lesiroth

Square trying extra-hard to avoid the Vita, I see.

Well, I was hoping for something like IV Complete but it will do.

Will they even bring this overseas? PSN-only even?

III truly is the only bad mainline Final Fantasy title. It is so mediocre it might as well be called awful. No heart, no soul, no anything. The most generic RPG I have ever played. I wasted 50$ on this game years ago. I am not doing the same mistake.

Foffy

Banned
III truly is the only bad mainline Final Fantasy title. It is so mediocre it might as well be called awful. No heart, no soul, no anything. The most generic RPG I have ever played. I wasted 50$ on this game years ago. I am not doing the same mistake.

XIV is easily the worst. That's not even fair to make. Granted, in a few months that may no longer be the case...

Too little, too late. SE Japan really need to get off their asses and develop something worthwhile. And not just some tech demo for some potential Final Fantasy for next gen.

Goli

More details are out. It includes an option to switch the game's music to the original Famicom versions. Coming out on 9/20.

Aeana

Such a waste. FF3 is a really great game, but the DS version is not. So sad that it's the only exposure a lot of English gamers have had to it.

XIV is easily the worst. That's not even fair to make. Granted, in a few months that may no longer be the case...

XIV is not a mainline Final Fantasy game. Don't get fooled by the title. XI should have been called Online and XIV, Online 2.

Top Bottom