• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy III - Official JP Boxart

kenta said:
I figured the same thing, it probably has to do with the marketshare in Japan more than anything else
Well, it was announced before either DS or PSP were released. Nor had DS reached its late-2005 explosion by the time FF III in its current form was shown off.

threeball

Banned
I've been gaming since the NES and have never played a Final Fantasy. I really don't like medieval/middle ages/renaissance style RPGs or RPGs in general. Am I missing out or should I start playing this series, and if so which game should I start with?

Snaku

Banned
threeball said:
I've been gaming since the NES and have never played a Final Fantasy. I really don't like medieval/middle ages/renaissance style RPGs or RPGs in general. Am I missing out or should I start playing this series, and if so which game should I start with?

Yes, you should at least give it a try. Rent Final Fantasy XII this Fall.

Tony HoTT

Banned
I really like the boxart. While the logo just kind of looks added and doesn't blend in with the picture's style overall, I still don't think it looks bad. Hopefully we get something similar in the states.

Boxart > Gameplay :lol

Zeed

Banned
threeball said:
I've been gaming since the NES and have never played a Final Fantasy. I really don't like medieval/middle ages/renaissance style RPGs or RPGs in general.
Would you prefer the high-tech industrial emo style RPGs like FFVII? What is it about the classical setting that you don't like? If you dislike RPGs in general, list a few games that put you off. Final Fantasy is a great series with a number of worthy titles, and FF3 is probably a great place to start, being based off of one of the older FFs.

Smiles and Cries said:
hope the US box looks this good

The Children of Mana boxart looked even better than this, but Square really dropped the ball for the US BA. I'm keeping my hopes low for the US version of this BA.

EDIT: by the way... does anyone else noticed that the main (male) character is in a VERY feminine position? Legs crossed and everything.

Mau ®

That's a beatiful box art. It does scream "Fantasy", no other FF box art has done that since FFX US box IMO.

Im getting a DSlite for this!!!

Tabris

Mejilan said:
Amazing box art... and heh, I never knew about the WiFi. Card game ala FFIX?

Compare hardware sales in Japan between the DS and PSP and you'll see why Square is releasing this on the DS. Oh yeah, I know this game was announced quite early on, when no one could really say how things would wind up. There was a long period of time where NO WORD was being spoken regarding this game, and suggest that perhaps SE was biding their time. Needless to say, it makes MORE sense to release this on the DS rather than the PSP, hardware limitations aside. The irony, of course, that SE essentially chose carts over disc media this time around.

Agreed on Boxart. Best box art I've seen for a handheld game. FACT.

Regarding your second statement, remember, SE is developing a FF (with the highest non-hardware based selling potential) for PSP on UMD. SE is sharing the FF love.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Tabris said:

Regarding your second statement, remember, SE is developing a FF (with the highest non-hardware based selling potential) for PSP on UMD. SE is sharing the FF love.

A real FF, or some silly spin-off title? I haven't really kept up, since I don't think anything signficant was shown off at E3. I'm certainly not trying to be disingenous.

Emotions

Tabris said:

You couldn't resist making your usual comments. :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Tabris said:

Yeah, all platforms get FF love, even GCN and 360. S-E loves us all. :3

Zeed

Banned
Mejilan said:
A real FF, or some silly spin-off title? I haven't really kept up, since I don't think anything signficant was shown off at E3. I'm certainly not trying to be disingenous.
Silly spin-off. They showed like three screen shots of it at E3. FF7: Crisis Core. Supposedly an action game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Zyid said:
Silly spin-off. They showed like three screen shots of it at E3. FF7: Crisis Core. Supposedly an action game.

Did we really need another Dirge of Cerberus?

Tarazet

Jonnyram said:
The artwork is beautiful but I don't like the way they just slapped the logo on. It could have gone in the top right instead of hiding the most interesting part of the picture.

The horse's rear end?

Edit: Oh, you mean the FFIII logo. My bad. :D

threeball said:

If you don't like medieval stuff, then I'd definitely recommend FF VIII, as it's basically set in the modern day. (It's a fictitious world, but it has a modern society and modern technology.)

Tarazet

Greenpanda said:
If you don't like medieval stuff, then I'd definitely recommend FF VIII, as it's basically set in the modern day. (It's a fictitious world, but it has a modern society and modern technology.)

FFVII is pretty up-to-date, too, though not as futuristic as FFVIII.

Wollan said:
final_fantasy_iii_(japan).jpg

MY EYES!!!!!

madhtr

Jade Knight 08 said:
http://patpend.net/manuals/box/nes/final_fantasy_iii_(japan).jpg

I just can't believed my eyes!!! He's so "yellow"! :D

Somebody must've been drunk when creating this art!
I think someone was drunk when they read this thread and yet still posted the actual image again.

Neo Child said:
468d3b3a4371998750e491835f5b.jpg

So beautiful it needs its own thread. Any guesses what the US one will be like?
That... is so hot. If it's not like that (I know it won't be) in the U.S., I'm importing it just for the box art. :p

ghibli99

That J-box art is beautiful. Based on the FF4A one (I think we got the better one in the US), chances are looking pretty good that we'll get something similar.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
People are forgetting that Nintendo published FFIVa here, it's upto S-E USA this time if we get this boxart or not.

Top Bottom