• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

Honest question; have you ever seen my face before? I know a few of the others have, but idk.

Anyway, GET BACK TO FIGHTING, DOLLS

I'M GONNA FINISH MY WHOLE BOTTLE OF WINE BEFORE ANYTHING EXCITING HAPPENS
"Master Chief, mind telling me what you're doing on that ship?"
"Finishing this fight."

Sorian

Banned
Honest question; have you ever seen my face before? I know a few of the others have, but idk.

Anyway, GET BACK TO FIGHTING, DOLLS

I'M GONNA FINISH MY WHOLE BOTTLE OF WINE BEFORE ANYTHING EXCITING HAPPENS

I don't know what you look like in the slightest.

No holds bard fight on top of the Space Needle. Include Launch too I guess.

Huh, well I only know what Squidy looks like and he could probably take me pretty easily. I'm fairly small. Smart money is on Squidy, Crazy money is on Darryl, seems like he might be a strong fellow just on straight guessing.

Kevyt

No read yet, if he is town then he is a vital asset. I don't know what scum Blarg is like honestly.

Are we talking like no hold barred physical fights or some weird mafia showdown?

Nah, not me, sorry man, I always hope for mafia but it never happens. Ferrets not even in this game though, no love making.

I'm drunk not blind, Scrafty-senpai.

Well sorian, since you're doing an AMA, here are some questions I really need to have answered:

Sorian, how do we remove money from politics? Do you support measurements like Wolf-pac?

Sorian, why is Cher the best female singer ever? Do you think anyone else could come close to her 50 year career?

Sorian, why does Google not make its own phones instead of relying on manufacturing partners to build their nexus lines for them? Do you think this is a cost saving measurement?

Sorian, why did the US president publicly release his spotify album to the public? Do you think its because he wants to connect to the younger demographic by the way of music?

Sorian, why hasn't Washington DC received statehood rights and representation in Congress even though it's citizens pay taxes and get no voice in Congress?

Sorian, do you agree or disagree that the rolling stones are the best rock band ever?

Sorian, what can AMD do to improve itself in areas where it is struggling such as CPU's and APU's for commercial and HPC markets?

Sorian, do you think Intel should be more lax when it comes to its x86 licenses?

Sorian, do you think that self driving car makers should be held accountable for potential road accidents?

Sorian, how can developers employ cost saving measurements when it comes to middleware and outsourcing assets/code?

Sorian, what is the meaning of life for a green leaf beetle that only has a life span of about three weeks that it dies shortly after it mates?

Sorian, do you think that cockroaches and their incredible adaptability and resiliency will be the only way for humanity to survive?

Sorian, what is your take on Martin Shkrelli's arrest?

Sorian, should Bloodborne had won an award on the Game Awards by this dude who's name I can't remember?

Sorian, do you think that improvements in health and life expectancy is good for the environment?

Sorian, why do you play mafia games?

Sorian, I've run out of questions to ask you, why do you think that is?

Thanks for the AMA!

I think it's better than Pop-O-Matic's

Also, defiling someone's avatar isn't THAT hard....
eCl1brz.png

OH PLS

YOU LACK TASTE

dyCDUMS.png

Sorian

Banned
Well sorian, since you're doing an AMA, here are some questions I really need to have answered:

Sorian, how do we remove money from politics? Do you support measurements like Wolf-pac?

Sorian, why is Cher the best female singer ever? Do you think anyone else could come close to her 50 year career?

Sorian, why does Google not make its own phones instead of relying on manufacturing partners to build their nexus lines for them? Do you think this is a cost saving measurement?

Sorian, why did the US president publicly release his spotify album to the public? Do you think its because he wants to connect to the younger demographic by the way of music?

Sorian, why hasn't Washington DC received statehood rights and representation in Congress even though it's citizens pay taxes and get no voice in Congress?

Sorian, do you agree or disagree that the rolling stones are the best rock band ever?

Sorian, what can AMD do to improve itself in areas where it is struggling such as CPU's and APU's for commercial and HPC markets?

Sorian, do you think Intel should be more lax when it comes to its x86 licenses?

Sorian, do you think that self driving car makers should be held accountable for potential road accidents?

Sorian, how can developers employ cost saving measurements when it comes to middleware and outsourcing assets/code?

Sorian, what is the meaning of life for a green leaf beetle that only has a life span of about three weeks that it dies shortly after it mates?

Sorian, do you think that cockroaches and their incredible adaptability and resiliency will be the only way for humanity to survive?

Sorian, what is your take on Martin Shkrelli's arrest?

Sorian, should Bloodborne had won an award on the Game Awards by this dude who's name I can't remember?

Sorian, do you think that improvements in health and life expectancy is good for the environment?

Sorian, why do you play mafia games?

Sorian, I've run out of questions to ask you, why do you think that is?

Thanks for the AMA!

Without a total government rehaul, I highly doubt money will ever be removed from american politics. Wolf-pac is coming from a good place but the actual backlash from basically anyone with a say makes it impractical.

Cher is a scrub.

It is 100% a cost saving measure. They have their hands in so many different jars that sometimes it's easier to just "outsource" if you will, technilogy that can be easily created by others.

Yes, Obama has always been one to try and connect with the people and be as hip as possible. It's not a bad thing, such a an easy thing to do that boosts his popularity with people that are already partial towards him.

A relic of the past that is convenient to sweep under the rug.

Rolling stones are pretty good, there are better bands out there like the beatles and led zepplin off the top of my head though.

I'm pretty useless with computer manufacturers so I'm skipping these two.

Yes, self driving car makers should be liable for anything that happens as if they were the driver in an accident where the self driving car was at fault, as long as it can be proven that there was no tampering from the passenger within the case.

Not really my expertise either, sorry

The meaning of life in most species is to continue the progeny. Humans are a tad different because we are already a diverse and far reaching species but for the more humble creatures in the world, that's about it.

Nah, humans will get a huge boost to survival rates once they figure out cancer. Cancer can do amazing things to DNA breakdown if it were actually controllable in any way.

Didn't know this guy's name, I know of him, guy is a douche. I hope the legal system is allowed to run its course and he is charged with anything that he should be charged for.

Bllodborne is a fantastic game, Witcher 3 is my game of the year so they weren't wrong their but bloodborne deserves high praise.

Good for the environment? No, humans are a strain on the world at large and the longer we live and the larger the population gets, the more strain that the environment takes on.

Their pretty fun, I didn't think I'd enjoy them as much as I would. I get some weird excitement from figuring out these puzzles.

I'm amazed you even got this far.

This sobered me up more than it should have.

Ladies, he is a humble man. A total keeper.

Super humble.

This was all nice and distracting from the actual game we were doing.

VOTE: Seath

Not a good thing.

ALWAYS SO EAGER TO GET ALL UP IN THE SPOTLIGHT
BUT WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE YOUR BRAVADO CRUMBLES LIKE FINAL FANTASY 9'S SOURCE CODE

Sorian

Banned
I posted a pic in the portrait request thread a few months back, I think. It's out there, anyway.

Found it! I can dig it.

I'm going to be so annoyed with myself in the morning when I see that this thread got so off track.

Drunk Sorian is kind of a dick to sober Sorian

We really should just change our avatars to jrpg characters that aren't in final fantasy

I call Neku and Rhyme

Yeah, I haven't played any of the 'popular' Final Fantasies, so I just went with something I recognized with Kairi.

If I tried harder I probably could have hunted down an avatar of Bartz or something.

I got you, fam
rUfM2Qb.png

Thanks!

It's too small tho

This is what the entire game is gonna be like isn't it...

As you can see, I've already succumbed to the madness.

BLARG, WHY DON'T YOU COME BACK WHEN YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE TO SAY AND NOT JUST A BUNCH OF HOT AIR.

BLARGONAUT HASN'T ACTUALLY SAID ANYTHING

THIS DIALOGUE IS TYPE-WRITTEN

BY FAILING TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR FIGURATIVE STATE IN THIS SIMULACRUM, YOU'VE ALREADY LOST

BLARGONAUT HASN'T ACTUALLY SAID ANYTHING

THIS DIALOGUE IS TYPE-WRITTEN

BY FAILING TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR FIGURATIVE STATE IN THIS SIMULACRUM, YOU'VE ALREADY LOST
YOU'VE FAILED TO REALIZE YOU'RE STILL STUCK IN THE MATRIX
YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE MENTAL CAPACITY TO DISTINGUISH RED FROM BLUE

Hmmm this is interesting. I see some amount of discussion regarding how people like Sorian, Darryl and Blarg usually play (some points regarding Sophia as well). Sort of inevitable given that this is mostly a game if veterans. Do people here have pre-conceived notions about me too? If so, what are they?

Stack is a new player, she might feel disadvantaged given our previous knowledge about each other. But that's not a bad thing. I'll be curious how she reads us by the end of this day phase. Might shed some light on certain blindspots i have.

Honestly, at this point I feel pretty confused and I would bet that I'm not the only one.

The past couple pages have been dominated by Blargonaut's many cryptic remarks and the almost equally cryptic responses to them. Is it a code? Is it a joke? Is it just people saying stuff? I can't tell, but I don't want to discount it either.

The argument between Daryl and Sorian earlier also seems weird to me, mostly because it seemed like they were arguing very vehemently about very basic and subjective differences in play preference. But since it sounds like they've played together before, why did these differences only come up now?

Finally, I see I've appeared on several "has said nothing" lists and have a vote against me from popomatic for that reason. I did post earlier with some basic thoughts and explained that I was on a plane all day today (now arrived!) I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with this game-- please let me know if there's anything specific I can do to help discussion. I may not always respond ASAP, but I will respond.

AT THE MOMENT, WHAT'S THERE TO "SAY"?
LOTS OF THINGS.
DARRYL VS. SORIAN EPISODE 1: THE BEGINNING COMES TO MIND

COME BACK LATER WHEN YOU'VE SOLVED FOR X, KING
YOU WANT ME TO SOLVE FOR X, EH?
COMING IN HOT.
XAMTHEKING
X A M T H E K I N G
X A M
BUT WHAT IF THAT'S NOT ALL
M A X
M A X T H E K I N G
MAXTHEKING
IT'S PART OF MY NAME

Darryl

Banned
This is what the entire game is gonna be like isn't it...

It's day 1 and we have no information. I did my best to find stuff to argue about and you waved your hand. Now, you're getting the inevitable when no one wants to try and people like you and Sorian actively dismiss the people who are. You're a part of the problem.

Sorian

Banned
AT THE MOMENT, WHAT'S THERE TO "SAY"?

COME BACK LATER WHEN YOU'VE SOLVED FOR X, KING

There was a game going on before you showed up. Why haven't you commented on it?

Honestly, at this point I feel pretty confused and I would bet that I'm not the only one.

The past couple pages have been dominated by Blargonaut's many cryptic remarks and the almost equally cryptic responses to them. Is it a code? Is it a joke? Is it just people saying stuff? I can't tell, but I don't want to discount it either.

The argument between Daryl and Sorian earlier also seems weird to me, mostly because it seemed like they were arguing very vehemently about very basic and subjective differences in play preference. But since it sounds like they've played together before, why did these differences only come up now?

Finally, I see I've appeared on several "has said nothing" lists and have a vote against me from popomatic for that reason. I did post earlier with some basic thoughts and explained that I was on a plane all day today (now arrived!) I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with this game-- please let me know if there's anything specific I can do to help discussion. I may not always respond ASAP, but I will respond.

Pop either did not see that you were traveling today or was just being rude, do not mind him.Take the argument between myself and Darryl at face value, he looking for something to latch on to and I'm baiting him. Basically it was a cat and mouse to see how others would react and how we would react to each other. Blarg won't always make sense. Xam won't always make sense, really the best you can do is comment on things as they happen, people will judge you, people will accuse you, and people will try to kill you, all you can do as a player is discuss and talk through your thoughts.

Sorian

Banned
It's day 1 and we have no information. I did my best to find stuff to argue about and you waved your hand. Now, you're getting the inevitable when no one wants to try and people like you and Sorian actively dismiss the people who are. You're a part of the problem.

Meh, still hard to take you seriously when I am treacherous for giving newbies advice.

Top Bottom