• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

Oh yeah, main thing about QUACK

I don't know how scum is trying to approach me, essentially. Are they trying to be patient, knowing that town will eventually do their work for them? Are they worrying about more days = more chances to get caught by a watcher or for a switcher to save me? If so, is the majority of the team trying to make a concerted effort on me, or will they dedicate only a few or one

This holds true for Swamped too, and hopefully I'll get a post out looking at her too

Oi, you, contribute

VOTE: Xamtheking

You havent done shit, and I remember you saying you were occupied before, but you're free today right?

Give me top 3 scum pls
I only have one top scum, and that would be Seath. He's been pretty quiet, only briefly popping his head up every now and then.
I have some doubts about nin, but think of him more as a Neutral as I said earlier, coffee be damned.

I don't understand this back and forth between Darryl and sorian, and I'm now confused on who to trust... I do trust Sorian to the degree that I think he's an asset to town even if he is scum.

I think he is worth keeping because eventually, by the way he posts, he will make many mistakes thus helping town in the long run.

But I dunno... Maybe he won't, maybe he's worth getting rid of, maybe not.

Null read for now.

Oh no Sorian-Senpai is gone. 😥

I always knew I was right in trusting him. Mafia knew he was dangerous because of his reads.

I'm gonna look closely at who he voted for and the people that had voted for him.

The truth is out there.
These two posts made him stand out
He apparently changed his mind on Sorian during the Night
Detail those suspicions pls
Sorry for quote ordering, mobile is a bitch. Off to eat some lunch!

Is it because I stopped posting because I can't think of anything again.

Uh...

Lemme back mread and then throw down a reads list.

Don't worry too much about everyone starsketch. You don't have to come up with an exhaustive reads list. If you find certain things notable about certain people, than act on it

Don't feel pressured in your posts, as if you can't just post half-formed thoughts as they come out of your head. It's easier than worrying about each and every single one of your posts figuring out exactly who the Illuminati in this game is made up of

Cause, I fall into the same trap myself, not being sure of what to say and so not really saying anything

It's always better to just post more freely

I was looking at the Seath post Xam quoted and...

I don't understand this back and forth between Darryl and sorian, and I'm now confused on who to trust... I do trust Sorian to the degree that I think he's an asset to town even if he is scum.

I think he is worth keeping because eventually, by the way he posts, he will make many mistakes thus helping town in the long run.

But I dunno... Maybe he won't, maybe he's worth getting rid of, maybe not.

Null read for now.
What does this even mean? You're saying that he was being helpful to us, even if he would be found out to be scum. Wouldn't that just make him a bad scum player if he was helping town too much in an effort to be trustworthy? Of course, he ended up being the Towniest of us all.

I'm not really liking this...

Vote: Seath

Hmm I just had a thought about Blarg, but I should keep it to myself.

I think I see what you're doing.

YnC0sTA.gif

TL21xx

Banned
And I am now moments away from voting Seath. My problem is more that I am looking at who is leading this charge... It's almost 2am here. I'll talk more tomorrow when I have a fresh head. All I know is that I am more uneasy about Darryl than I was before, and as much as I wanna jump onto Seath for the bandwagon post, Xam and TAP pushing for this are giving me red flags.

As for why I posted a read list when I did, it was specifically to get you all talking. Of course there's going to be a ton of null reads, this game has been way too quiet to get a proper list out, especially near the start of a quiet day 1 after killing our doctor. But it's gotten you all to talk a bit more, so I'm not sorry.

nin1000

Banned
Hurry!

Remaining players

01. [f] StackpoleH
02. [m] nin1000
03. [m] Terrabyte20xx
04. [-] Darryl
05. [m] LaunchpadMcQ
06. [m] UltraJay
07. [m] Pop-O-Matic
08. [m] TL21xx
09. [-] Seath
10. [m] Sorian
11. [f] StarSketch
12. [m] Zippedpinhead
13. [m] Hyperactivity
14. [f] Swamped
15. [m] TheAwesomePossum
16. [m] Blargonaut
17. [m] Xamtheking

players that rub me the wrong way at the moment.​

Xamtheking
you kinda claimed but not really, all you have said today did not really seem to be important in my eyes. You posted but you did not say anything in those posts.
Would like to hear something substantial from you !

Seath

I dont know , the way you play is kind of distracting me. You dont seem to pay attention ( and that is coming from me lol ) and just coasting by at the moment. I know you can do better than this but hell you are making it hard for me

Terrabyte20xx

Be aware that i did not put you on this list because you put a vote on me , since launch and others have aswell. I dont mind that, what i do mind however is how sparesly you have contributed to this thread up to this point. TL21xx at leat put down a read list before voting for me ( thanks for that, i mean the read list : )
You remind me of someone who is looking at others fight, not really in the fight but pushing others with words like "he said that and that". You can do better than that, so please elaborate a bit more you cauliflower

Players i dont have a single clue
Every single one that is left

Darryl

Banned

Why did you unvote here? I hope you know it was you vote who pushed me towards settling the double vote on UltraJay, as I stuck it out pretty hard to keep my vote on TAP.

Then at the last second, NOT EVEN CHANGING YOUR VOTE TO TAP, just fucking unvoting. If you unvoted or vote changed earlier, the obvious doctor would be alive. But you waited till the last possible second.

nin1000

Banned
Then at the last second, NOT EVEN CHANGING YOUR VOTE TO TAP, just fucking unvoting. If you unvoted or vote changed earlier, the obvious doctor would be alive. But you waited till the last possible second.

That's why I compared him to a dubious character. Throwing votes around but not really going into the fight.

Darryl

Banned
There's a reason I voted for TAP at the end of D1 and kept my vote there for the rest of the day. We would have been better off lynching him instead of UJ, I stand by that firmly. UJ was so clearly a PR that it hurts, and after his claim I believed him more. Why on earth would scum claim to be such an ambiguous character? I wanted to be extremely suspicious of those who piled on UJ after his Golbez claim, but Sorian was one of them and he was Cosmos, so who knows how many other Cosmos Warriors made the same mistake. Still, there might be something there so I'll investigate.

You were pretty unhelpful in defending the clear PR. Instead you said a whole lot of nothing that end of day. I didn't think you were at the game, but apparently you were. To me, this seems like posturing.

Darryl

Banned
Also, I just want to point out that despite all our arguing, TAP somehow still has the majority despite not being a focal.point of this conversation for a while.

Why did you care about whether TAP or UJ has the majority of the votes enough to prod town to revote? At the time, you had a lazy vote on Seath. You weren't voting on UJ yourself.

Oh now there's tie...

Oh no a fucking TIE! What can we do, people? If only someone could vote!

*sigh*, just for safety:

VOTE: UltraJay

*sigh*, well I guess I can contribute to this narrative I helped build

WTF?

SWAMPED: Alright, I said this just before, but alot of this comes down to how scum have decided to approach me. While they're patient, I imagine if I come out tomorrow with an actual read or a watcher comes out with a scum member, that patience might soon wear thin. They might try to play the long game, but it's easier if I'm lynched today or tomorrow. Maybe the day after. But I can totally see the night kill after that happening. It might even be that scum think they can get the lynch soon, but don't want each and every single one of their members to start advocating for my lynch at once.

Now coming into this, I didn't have too clear of a conviction of Swamped being on my scum-dar (that's a weird word, I'm not using it again). But I think, going through her posts, I am seeing things that are raising the alarm bells

There's a reason I voted for TAP at the end of D1 and kept my vote there for the rest of the day. We would have been better off lynching him instead of UJ, I stand by that firmly. UJ was so clearly a PR that it hurts, and after his claim I believed him more. Why on earth would scum claim to be such an ambiguous character? I wanted to be extremely suspicious of those who piled on UJ after his Golbez claim, but Sorian was one of them and he was Cosmos, so who knows how many other Cosmos Warriors made the same mistake. Still, there might be something there so I'll investigate.

I looked and this was the most I could find on this

Star, i have to ask since your vote on UJ came after his "defense" post, quoted above. Was it unsatisfactory in your eyes? And why?

To me it wasn't the best of defenses, but it's D1 so im not expecting a literature masterpiece anyway. Although i wasn't leaning towards a UJ vote in the first place...

I should be around at the deadline, how exciting!

And this, while somewhat near to the end of the day, wasn't that close to it that it could be considered a "HOLY SHIT GUYS UJ IS OBVIOUSLY A PR DON'T LYNCH HIM". It's nice that you though UJ wasn't lying, you did nothing at the end of the day to try and swing the vote away, other than plead with me to vote TAP before UJ claimed iirc

Anyway, the other alternative was Xam, whom I was initially ready to vote for. But when Darryl brought up the possibility that he was a PR, I hesitated. One of the reasons I was wary of him was his cautious play during the day, but a PR would act like that also. And now he's claiming to be the protagonist of FFVIII, so I'll leave him be.

I said this before, this is seriously flimsy logic to dismiss someone who I personally think of right now as acting incredible erratic at the very least

The other candidate was Hyper. When he asked for votes on him instead of the PRs, I felt that he HAD to be town - this is a very risky move for scum. So I left my vote on TAP. If Sorian had flipped scum, I would have let TAP go. But now that we know Sorian was town, I'm going to keep scrutinizing TAP - sorry buddy!

I'm actually sort of confused to this point. How does Sorian being or not being scum affect your perception of TAP. This just reminds me of what you said about Xam, it feels flimsly, pls elaborate

I'm leaning towards this bold Hyper gambit being a scum one. Alignment cop is an easy one for scum to fake. He implies he's ordinary to draw votes on himself (possibly to save a front runner?), and when it looks like he's about to go down he role claims. Why would a real alignment cop ever put himself in that sort of situation? I would argue that any other PR could get lynched, but alignment cops can still win us the game due to their information (if scum don't know who it is lol) (also I think they are waaaay OP). Besides, FF Mafia is essentially a role madness game, it's inevitable that we'll lynch some PRs.

I've said it before. I made a mistake in estimating how quickly the vote would swing towards me. Had I managed to live through the day, I would've been perfect. A scummy alignment cop scum would have never wasted their time on.

This feels alot more like a story to me. I have to ask, if I was scum, this is still an INCREDIBLY risky play. There is likely another cop to counter-claim once he himself gets enough reads, I was inches away from my lynch, etc. etc. This whole thing feels like a story, you're only presenting your version of the events

I think there's a real chance he's scum, and if he's not, he's getting roleblocked the rest of the game anyway.

I already addressed this, but why in the world would the fact that a roleblock is getting used on me a reason to lynch me? And how do you know for certain that the roleblock will be on me for the rest of the game?

---

Really random point about Seath, but I am instantly wary of those who are pursuing him purely for activity reasons. He actually has more posts than me in this game! Pursue him because of his fluff if anything.

Lots more to come! ...later.

I think it all falls under the same category, and Idk what you are doing here

Ok, so there's a bunch of stuff, but to me the most alarming things were her post-mortem defense of UltraJay, her dismissal of Xam being scum (only to bring it up later), and the specific logic she uses to try and scrutinize TAP

I wasn't so sure at first, and again, alot of this has to do with how I think the scum team is acting towards me, but yeah, Swamped went up on my scum list a bit

Darryl

Banned
You were pretty unhelpful in defending the clear PR. Instead you said a whole lot of nothing that end of day. I didn't think you were at the game, but apparently you were. To me, this seems like posturing.
Hyper, if you are truly serious about not letting inactive skirt by, I suggest you vote for TAP. Out of all the inactive players he gives me the most Chaos vibes.

I lied. Swamped did try to get votes onto TAP. My mistake.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Why did you care about whether TAP or UJ has the majority of the votes enough to prod town to revote? At the time, you had a lazy vote on Seath. You weren't voting on UJ yourself.

Oh no a fucking TIE! What can we do, people? If only someone could vote!

*sigh*, well I guess I can contribute to this narrative I helped build

WTF?
I unvoted there because I thought that vote was going to tie, how was I supposed to know as soon as I lift it two others place theirs?

Another thing. You made this post back when I self-voted

This is 100% town Hyper.

Keeping me TAP vote.

But looking back, it also reminds me of your "position" on UJ. If you believed I was "100%" town at that moment, why didn't you do more to defend me? Had the votes been close, I likely would NOT have claimed. But you did nothing to even try and defend someone you pegged as being townie. You also did little to try and push the TAP bandwagon through. You "left" your vote on TAP. That's an accurate description, to be fair.

Why didn't you come out and try to stop it.I got 0 help in that regard, it was practically just me defending myself there, and that's what forced me to claim

I lied. Swamped did try to get votes onto TAP. My mistake.

That's one player who already stated that he would vote for an inactive (guess which inactive had the most votes)

In both cases, she did very little to try and intervene. Oh, you have scum vibes about me now? Sure, that's fair, but you didn't even mention feeling unsure about my claim yesterday

Terrabyte20xx

Just noticed this:

Terrabyte20xx[/U][/B]
Be aware that i did not put you on this list because you put a vote on me , since launch and others have aswell. I dont mind that, what i do mind however is how sparesly you have contributed to this thread up to this point. TL21xx at leat put down a read list before voting for me ( thanks for that, i mean the read list : )
You remind me of someone who is looking at others fight, not really in the fight but pushing others with words like "he said that and that". You can do better than that, so please elaborate a bit more you cauliflower
I'll let you in on a little secret... That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to gauge how people react to each other and then form theories arround that. I do admit that I probably should be more active though.

Darryl

Banned
That's one player who already stated that he would vote for an inactive (guess which inactive had the most votes)

In both cases, she did very little to try and intervene. Oh, you have scum vibes about me now? Sure, that's fair, but you didn't even mention feeling unsure about my claim yesterday

Yes, you're right. I felt guilty after making that argument against her because I was under the impression that she didn't post at all. So I felt like amending my complaints a little out of fairness. I do agree with my original argument, and the one you put forth. It's posturing. And she's gone from a 180 on you from being 100% town to wanting you lynched, and I'm not sure that I fully understand that logic.

Darryl

Banned
I unvoted there because I thought that vote was going to tie, how was I supposed to know as soon as I lift it two others place theirs?

It looks like you just sat by and watched the day end, ensuring that someone was lynched and staying as far away from it as possible. That's exactly what you did, no?

Another thing. You made this post back when I self-voted

But looking back, it also reminds me of your "position" on UJ. If you believed I was "100%" town at that moment, why didn't you do more to defend me? Had the votes been close, I likely would NOT have claimed. But you did nothing to even try and defend someone you pegged as being townie. You also did little to try and push the TAP bandwagon through. You "left" your vote on TAP. That's an accurate description, to be fair.

Why didn't you come out and try to stop it.I got 0 help in that regard, it was practically just me defending myself there, and that's what forced me to claim

This is actually behavior I've come to expect from Swamped. In the past, she's played things where she commits hard on her mafia teammates to build up a wall between them. But, the key part of that is that she plays like there's nothing else going on, so as to distance herself from attacking people she knows will flip town. So, she sees something on the table there, like you just mentioned, and she'll just completely ignore it, even though she had made a statement that made it seem like that's where her sentiments lied.

I'm pretty much locked in on Swamped right now, which is why I haven't responded to much of anything since I voted on her.

Darryl

Banned
Unintentionally, but yes.

It's funny cuz you made this comment earlier in the day

Welcome to GAFia.

Brb, catching up on thread bolw up, be back with real vote.

Which you then voted on Seath, which funnily enough wasn't a real vote as you neither had an argument for Seath nor was there ever any traction for Seath. It was an empty vote. Then you continued to not have a real vote all day, putting yourself forward only to break a tie. You were a complete ghost on day #1 and are basically doing the same thing today.

Terrabyte20xx

It's funny cuz you made this comment earlier in the day

Which you then voted on Seath, which funnily enough wasn't a real vote as you neither had an argument for Seath nor was there ever any traction for Seath. It was an empty vote. Then you continued to not have a real vote all day, putting yourself forward only to break a tie. You were a complete ghost on day #1 and are basically doing the same thing today.
In case you haven't noticed, none of my initial votes have "arguments" accompanying them. This is by design. That doesn't mean I don't have reasons, I never vote unless I can back it up.

Kevyt

I was looking at the Seath post Xam quoted and...

What does this even mean? You're saying that he was being helpful to us, even if he would be found out to be scum. Wouldn't that just make him a bad scum player if he was helping town too much in an effort to be trustworthy? Of course, he ended up being the Towniest of us all.

I'm not really liking this...

Vote: Seath

Meaning that his posts would be more helpful to town than scum. That Sorian would crack under pressure if he was scum by the large number of posts he makes.

And I am now moments away from voting Seath. My problem is more that I am looking at who is leading this charge... It's almost 2am here. I'll talk more tomorrow when I have a fresh head. All I know is that I am more uneasy about Darryl than I was before, and as much as I wanna jump onto Seath for the bandwagon post, Xam and TAP pushing for this are giving me red flags.

As for why I posted a read list when I did, it was specifically to get you all talking. Of course there's going to be a ton of null reads, this game has been way too quiet to get a proper list out, especially near the start of a quiet day 1 after killing our doctor. But it's gotten you all to talk a bit more, so I'm not sorry.

You're not sorry the doctor was killed? Okay.

Sure go ahead and vote for me. I'm town aligned, and voting out another townie today isn't too bad, but we could do better.

Kevyt

Just noticed this:

I'll let you in on a little secret... That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to gauge how people react to each other and then form theories arround that. I do admit that I probably should be more active though.

Yes, you should.

As I noticed, and as Darryl pointed out, coming conveniently when Day 1 is almost over. The same thing for Day 2 and to me that's really scummy.

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

Kevyt

If anything, Terra is reading like a player who is not very invested in the game, like an ordinary townie.

Is that so?

Really? I thought it was quite clear that I was referring to posting a reads list, not killing our doc. Darryl said it was stupid to make one; I completely disagree.

Oh, so you were referring to the reads list. Well then, okay. I misread. 😄😆

I do think Darryl is crazy as far the reads list because you would have "insider" information - no you don't. It's just your intuition. I doubt even an investigator role would have more information than we currently do.

Swamped

Banned
I really really need to get my reads list out today, especially if I'm getting lynched today (I think the deadline is tomorrow morning?). I know I've been saying that for a while now...but things have been busy. Hopefully I can get it out as a late christmas present to you all :)

Yes, you're right. I felt guilty after making that argument against her because I was under the impression that she didn't post at all. So I felt like amending my complaints a little out of fairness. I do agree with my original argument, and the one you put forth. It's posturing. And she's gone from a 180 on you from being 100% town to wanting you lynched, and I'm not sure that I fully understand that logic.

If I was 'posturing' why would I pick Hyper, the claimed cop, as a target? I would pick someone much easier to paint as scum lol, and god knows there are so many in this game...

I stated that I felt Hyper was 100% town when he asked for the votes on himself, implying that he was an ordinary. I saw that as a very Cosmos move. But after I read his claim, and after he elaborated today, I got very suspicious of him. People can change their minds you know. I just don't see a Cosmos cop acting the way he did at the end of D1. And really, he should have died last night as well. I cannot stress that enough. Chaos will lose if a cop runs loose for a long time. If there was a scum roleblocker, they should have blocked whomever they thought was a PR (I guess Sorian) and killed Hyper.

Um, how else do you want me to intervene? I'm not the sort of player who posts instructions to people in caps locks lol. I did my best to defend the players I did with my votes, and votes are hard proof. So one of your arguments against me is that I did not mention I was unsure about your claim? Well, I was certainly thinking it, even if I wasn't vocal about it. One of the reasons I asked you to vote for TAP was to see your reaction, and maybe learn something about TAP too. I can tell you right now that I did not glean much from that interaction...

I feel pretty good about Darryl being cosmos. He made an argument against me, but then went back and made some corrections. Even though it did not change his overall assessment of my alignment, I think this is something a Cosmos warrior would do. I don't think scum would go through the trouble of double-checking their arguments once they have painted someone else as scum, especially without any incentive (i.e. people prodding).

I haven't seen a recent vote count, but I think I may be in the lead with the votes. I wish I could fight back more but I'm not sure if I'll be able too (holidays blah blah). Still, I will check in tomorrow before the deadline and see if there's anything I can do to persuade you all that I only have Cosmos interests at heart.

Terrabyte20xx

Yes, you should.

As I noticed, and as Darryl pointed out, coming conveniently when Day 1 is almost over. The same thing for Day 2 and to me that's really scummy.

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

Well excuse me for having a real life sleep schedule that just so happens to confor to this specific pattern, it's not my fault that this is when I happen to wake up!

Swamped

Banned
I think the only person I'm unable to get a read on is StarSketch right now, although that's only from memory. Frankly, most of the descriptions of the people on my list will be from memory lol. Sorry, you guys will be getting B-game Swamped this week :p

Swamped

Banned
Hyper, with you being an alignment cop, weren't you wary of there being a framer in this game? Xam would have been the last person I would check, because he was one of the lynch contestants in the running on D1. I would not have trusted my results. I would have investigated one of the quiet ones. I guess that's just me though.

I know you've explained why you went for Xam, but I'm not convinced lol.

Swamped

Banned
My Cosmos Allies:

[m] Zippedpinhead - got to be Cosmos. I have a good feeling, especially after his posts today.

[m] Terrabyte20xx - Terra always confuses me, but he's pinging me as Cosmos so far. I believe his ordinary claim
[m] Launchpadmcq - He is closely analyzing posts, I think he's Cosmos so far
[m] Pop-O-Matic – He voted for Hyper after his cop claim. Very ballsy move. Also started of D2 with a vote on Hyper. Definitely someone I trust. Is staying out of the limelight a bit, but that may not be a bad thing…..
[m] nin1000 - It's really hard to say but I'm leaning town for now
[-] Darryl – see previous posts.

My Top Chaos:

[m] Hyperactivity - see previous posts
[m] Xamtheking - If Hyper is scum, I would look more closely at Xam. But other than that the only thing going for him is the Squall claim (scum do get fake claims however!). His play just strikes me as overly cautious. Xam’s top three scum are all very ‘safe’ people as well (TAP, Seath and Starsketch). I have no idea what he’s currently seeing in Starsketch, she’s a null read to me, but that’s beside the point. TAP and Star are what I’d call low activity, low contribution (although I think TAP has stepped up today, yay!). Votes on them are low hanging fruit. He says Seath is suspicious because of low activity, but I said this before: dude has more posts than me lol!! So that’s a terrible argument. To me this reasoning against Seath is quite poor.
[m] TheAwesomePossum - No real hard stances all game. Coasting by so far. But if Hyper is scum I will be more lenient on him, since Hyper voted for him at the end of D1. Made a vote on Launch to prove that he IS taking stances, but then unvoted. Unsure what to think of him so far

My ??????:
[f] StackpoleH - some strange 'prodding' votes that came at the very end of D1, when the chaos (no pun intended) was going on. Was she intentionally trying to avoid bandwagons? I’m cautiously leaning scum on her
[m] TL21xx – kind of leaning town but unsure. I think he’s trying his best to contribute.
[-] Seath – He’s such a cutie, I have this strong urge to pat his head. I’m still leaning town on him
[f] StarSketch – no idea yet!
[m] Blargonaut – he’s confusing me more than usual. I think he won’t really come into his element until later in the game, when there are fewer players perhaps. But right now I cannot say his alignment either way. Also, learn auto-phoenix ;)

Merry Christmas everybody! (If you celebrate it). I am pretty busy with holiday stuff today, but will try to post more-- and I'll be there for the end of day tomorrow.

I do agree that Swamped seems a little suspicious right now. At first I trusted her because so many of her arguments made sense to me. But after reading the posts that were linked above (on mobile so it's hard to quote) I can see that many of Swamped's insights were after the fact; in the moment she's more cautious about taking a stand. This would be a good strategy for a good player who's in the mafia.

I'm not ready to vote for her yet though. Want to see what else happens today. Will check back in.

Top Bottom